Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

kroqq

Mar 28, 2013
Watched the first half of us v spuds and suitably buoyed and optimistic then went to Suede at the Dome last night. Awesome. First 2 albums heavily lent on. Brett was fantastic and the band sounded great. When my phone vibrated in my pocket at 930 approx to advise Erikson had scored in 89th minute that did kind of ruin it though...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
You have, what was the ipad programme he played at the end. It was great. I asked Monty Oxymoron on the way out but he didn't know.

Like all composers he is a damn fine pianist.

You're asking me questions that I simply can't answer (and assuming that I have any understanding of musical process). Who is Monty Oxymoron, for instance? What I can say is that it's been such a treat to witness Terry Riley in little old Brighton twice in a year, and that we're so lucky to have many decent promoters, with Toby at Dictionary Pudding right up there.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
You're asking me questions that I simply can't answer (and assuming that I have any understanding of musical process). Who is Monty Oxymoron, for instance? What I can say is that it's been such a treat to witness Terry Riley in little old Brighton twice in a year, and that we're so lucky to have many decent promoters, with Toby at Dictionary Pudding right up there.

MO s in the Damned

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Porridge Radio session on Mark Riley earlier this week

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m0004t51

22 mins, 47 mins & 56 mins

Playing probably the last up close and personal show in Brighton (for a while at least) on Saturday at The Sidewinder on Saturday (6.10pm.)

https://www.facebook.com/events/385924405466935/

I saw that they were playing the Alternative Escape and the main festival this weekend. Hoping to see them at Green Door Store same day at 10.15 p.m.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Tonight’s Great Escape I plan to see Cocaine Piss, Jockstrap, The Murder Capital and Cloth.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I read Yves Tumor is playing TGE. See him if you can.

morematey

Jun 28, 2017
Highlights for me so far of TGE have been Squid (at Horatios) and The Murder Capital (Green Door Store). Both outstanding.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here