Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Not really. Sensible thing is to bin Brexit. Maybe come back to it in a few years when people have had a chance to absorb the last few years.

Oh....if only it were that easy....trouble is....the cat is out of the bag, likes its freedom and doesn't want to go back in the bag.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
it's not just them is it ...?? come on , lets face it ....politicians are currently running a MASSIVE RINSE OFF all over the world ....the rank and file tax payers are getting milked like aphids on a rose bush .....its frankly disgusting and the whole Brexit issue is probably the most chronic issue world wide currently , surpassing the AIDS epidemic in sub saharan Africa , surpassing even the destruction of millions of homes , schools and hospitals in iraq , syria & yemen ....because the money to sort all this shit out needs to come from somewhere doesn't it .......?? but you're so uber smart you knew that already.....i'm not just talking about your import export business here mate , if you have got a job at the moment you are getting the piss pulled out of you on a weekly basis.....not just in Europe...you know there is a world outside Europe right....? Tit.
uh ......what i'm on about is the UK turning into an utter shit fight within the next year ......a complete **** up , you know that most refugees worldwide are a direct result of the overthrow of an existing system of government....Syria , Libya, Iraq, Sudan,Eritrea, Somalia......people like you are the ones who moan about a dog shitting in a kids playground whilst it's owner is at your house bumming your missus........your rose tinted corner of the globe is about to go tits up mate.
that is politicians worldwide i'm afraid mate .....the global , political system is now completely out of control.....G 7 , G 12 , APEC, OPEC .......JOKE.
if you say so ....will the leavers then not kick off...?? it's a cluster**** old boy.... Lisbon treaty is set to take effect 2020 ....!

We would like to thank you for the time you have taken on your application for the post of NSC village idiot. I am afraid that at this point in time you have been unsuccessful in your application and the present incumbents, [MENTION=14132]Two Professors[/MENTION] and [MENTION=11191]Pretty pink fairy[/MENTION] will be continuing to fill the post on a job share basis.

We will keep your details on file and will contact you immediately should a suitable position arise.

In the meantime, we would like to thank you again for your time and wish you every success in any other positions you apply for. :)

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Come on then genius.Explain where the ECB gets the Euros from to buy up the debt.Have they borrowed a Magic Money Tree from our Labour and Tory politicians?

Same place the Bank of England got its Sterling, read up on it, anything I tell you, you won't believe, but magic money tree is pretty close.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Labour have nothing to lose. If they agree a deal with May, and she resigns and the new leader reverses it, the Tories look bad and Labour have lost nothing (apart from the time they've spent coming up with the deal, which is what they're paid to do).

Eh? What Labour ‘stand to lose’ in this scenario, is every single bit of influence they have in shaping the form of Brexit (or otherwise) we take.

C - we can’t get Brexit over the line, will you please help us?
L - we will yes, but only if you agree to include a, b and c.
C - sure. All agreed. Sign (vote) here
*Brexit deal goes through parliament*
*May steps down. New PM*
L - so, about a, b and c...
C - hahahahahahaha. Suckers.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Flash and fascinating 1st part of a 2-parter Brexit: Behind Closed Doors on at the moment (21:00- 22:00) on BBC 4, giving behind-the-scenes insight into the Brexit negitiations, from the point of view of the EU negotiators. Scathing stuff. They're basically highly amused and dismissive of the shenanigans in the UK. As well they might be. Highly recommended viewing.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
We would like to thank you for the time you have taken on your application for the post of NSC village idiot. I am afraid that at this point in time you have been unsuccessful in your application and the present incumbents, [MENTION=14132]Two Professors[/MENTION] and [MENTION=11191]Pretty pink fairy[/MENTION] will be continuing to fill the post on a job share basis.

We will keep your details on file and will contact you immediately should a suitable position arise.

In the meantime, we would like to thank you again for your time and wish you every success in any other positions you apply for. :)

Typical Watford zero-answers,wasting half a page on drivel.The only pair of village idiots in one job are the 'leaders' of the Green Party.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Flash and fascinating 1st part of a 2-parter Brexit: Behind Closed Doors on at the moment (21:00- 22:00) on BBC 4, giving behind-the-scenes insight into the Brexit negitiations, from the point of view of the EU negotiators. Scathing stuff. They're basically highly amused and dismissive of the shenanigans in the UK. As well they might be. Highly recommended viewing.

Yes - agreed. My takeaways from this were

1. That they look on us with a mixture of frustration and affection (the balance changing towards the former, and with good reason)

2. That for all we hear about the secrecy and remoteness of the institutions of the EU, it was an astonishingly transparent window into the high level decision-making processes

3. That in respect of the way they 'do politics', I rather prefer theirs to ours.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Yes - agreed. My takeaways from this were

1. That they look on us with a mixture of frustration and affection (the balance changing towards the former, and with good reason)

2. That for all we hear about the secrecy and remoteness of the institutions of the EU, it was an astonishingly transparent window into the high level decision-making processes

3. That in respect of the way they 'do politics', I rather prefer theirs to ours.

Some interesting candid views on named Tory politicians, they certainly don't pull any punches!

Second part tonight promises to be great viewing as the Brexit clock ticks down and frustrations mount

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

I've not seen it so hopefully it's on iPlayer. There was a three part series about the EU ( rather than just Brexit although Brexit was involved ) a few months back. Even as a leaver I was highly impressed with how Tusk came across ..... not at all what I expected.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here