Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

British electronic music

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Great bounce. And still a totally relevant post, probably even more so. Mount Kimble are at a fezzie I’m going to next month. I’ll check them out. Im also seeing Andy Stott and Demdike Stare next week.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Electronic Circus. 'Direct Lines' was a song they released in 1981 (written by Chris Payne, who also co-wrote the 1981 Visage hit 'Fade to Grey'). It never got anywhere but it's been re-discovered. On the back of the renewed interest some of the original members have got back together and released an album and a couple of singles.

Mount Kimbie. You should listen to Mount Kimbie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1kzMFnFSh0

Great bounce. And still a totally relevant post, probably even more so. Mount Kimble are at a fezzie I’m going to next month. I’ll check them out. Im also seeing Andy Stott and Demdike Stare next week.

And of course Mount Kimbie are from Brighton too... Dom used to play cricket at Rottingdean with an Albion ST holding mate who sits next to me at the Amex. Ended up at their flat after a show in Brighton a few years back.

If you have Apple Music try their Electronic genre playlists, some good curated lists that get refreshed/updated weekly, good way to hear new stuff too.

Or another good place is on iPlayer, check out shows like Benji B on Radio 1 (one of the late night weekly shows)

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face

Nope. No. Just no.

As for Mount Kimbie, I didn't get on with the 2nd LP at all. Really liked Crooks and Lovers.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I know [MENTION=3052]Hungry Joe[/MENTION] will be far too bashful to give a shout out to Damselfly, but NSC's homegrown talent really does deserve a listen on it's own very considerable merits.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
I know [MENTION=3052]Hungry Joe[/MENTION] will be far too bashful to give a shout out to Damselfly, but NSC's homegrown talent really does deserve a listen on it's own very considerable merits.

Thanks THPP.

British Electronica is indeed in very good health I think. There's loads of stuff I currently like, much of it mentioned here already. From the more established artists I'm a very big F*** Buttons and Jon Hopkins fan. If you fancy checking out something less well known and a lot more experimental then my fellow Smikkelbaard Records label-mate Chlorine is a good shout (he's also a very talented visual artist, did the recent Field Music album cover), links below.....

https://chlorinerecordings.bandcamp.com/

https://www.facebook.com/graeme.richard.7

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here