Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Do we really have to take this Orwellian s**t from our club ? remember we are the customer

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
No, I’m not swallowing shit - that happened to be a pulled pork bap from a kiosk in the West Upper a year ago. I’m just, sort of, playing devil’s advocate, as in it hasn’t happened yet but it could. Anyway my prime consideration in all of this is to go and watch the football and support my team.

So devils advocate.....why does the government allow planes to fly over twickenham and the emirates/ Brentford ground? It could happen that one of them could fall out the sky and plough into the ground! I have seen planes nad been in the, where they have flown over the Amex coming back from Europe ...surely they COULD plough into the Amex.

If you live your life by COULD instead of not worrying about crap that will NOT happen, then we all might as well install bars on our windows and never go out!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Imagine what 'they' are going to hit us with in the afterglow of beating Liverpool?

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Are the following numbers correct over the lifetime of the Amex?

Club officials projecting a bottle into the crowd: 1
Fans projecting a bottle onto the pitch: 0

We've had, at a guess, somewhere between 3,500,000 and 4,000,000 fans at the Amex to date.
[emoji16][emoji1787] stick that in your @Risk and justify Herr B.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
At the end of the day, do we go to a football match to drink coffee? or to errr wach a game of footbal?, (radical idea l know). Let's face it if people want a cup of coffee they can easily buy one from a kiosk anyway.

Sorry but l really don't see this as a problem at all.
The flask ban falls into the area of curtailment of pleasure.

The water issue is more fundamental. In the summer, in the East lower, the temperatures soar to dangerous levels. A number of older folks and children have been unwell at times due to the effect of heat. If a sunny day is forecast, I would usually forgo a hot drink but take at least a bottle of water and a couple for my children as well. Now we have to put up with this sh1t from the club. The only solution is for many drinking fountains to be introduced as it's unfair to make people queue and miss the game, as everyone acknowledges, a non capped bottle will spill it's comments at some point.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
The flask ban falls into the area of curtailment of pleasure.

The water issue is more fundamental. In the summer, in the East lower, the temperatures soar to dangerous levels. A number of older folks and children have been unwell at times due to the effect of heat. If a sunny day is forecast, I would usually forgo a hot drink but take at least a bottle of water and a couple for my children as well. Now we have to put up with this sh1t from the club. The only solution is for many drinking fountains to be introduced as it's unfair to make people queue and miss the game, as everyone acknowledges, a non capped bottle will spill it's comments at some point.

this is a good point. Barber mentioned about looking into the idea of drinking fountains when the flask issue was first floated.
Its worth pursuing.

:J)

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Is this a stadium-wide ban? Or does it only apply to the hoi polloi in the 'cheap' seats? Can the prawn sandwich munchers in 1901 report back after the Liverpool game, and tell us if their bottles came with or without their tops? I presume the waiters de-cork all the bottles of Dom Perignon, before passing on to the multitude of Tobys and Clarissas.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Thou does’t exaggerate! Not all revenue comes from TV companies and being a PL club. A huge chunk is from gate receipts and merchandising, admittedly it helps having the benefits of the cash cow that is the Premier League.

The big clubs could easily function without gate revenue at all - it is a drop in the bucket of their total income.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I’m sure I read in an article recently that Bournemouth’s gate receipts only account for 4% of their turnover. They’d better not relegated anytime soon! :eek:

We get around £14m a year in gate receipts. With their 10K stadium, Muff will get about £5m, which would be 4% of £125m - sounds about right.

Finally, we are also aware of a very small number of fans who chose to continue to ignore stadium rules by bringing flasks into the stadium, or by concealing bottle tops for use later. Anyone doing this is liable to ejection from the stadium and further stadium and ticketing sanctions. The club will not issue any further warnings.

When I got this email it made my blood boil . The very minor incidents involving a few Chelsea fans are being used to basically oppress us further . Okay there are bigger things going on in the world today but I am angry as all these decisions are more revenue focused than related to safety issues . Brighton happily serve expensive alcohol to pissed up idiots who've had too much already but won't let an OAP bring in a flask of tea . Hypocrites.

It's as though a major incident has happened at a game . Has it ? No . Now we can't bring bottle tops or flasks . Have they completely lost the plot ? They are threatening to ban people who bring flasks . Have they gone mad ? Take a step back and look at what you are actually saying for goodness sake . It just creates a bad feeling . " the club will not issue any further warnings ? " Or what - you going to line us up against the wall and shoot us ? It sounds like that .

Remember we are the customers - you are the lucky recipients of our time, loyalty and money . Without us you are nothing . So stop treating us like naughty children and treat us like customers .

It left me in a rage as well.

Every year I spend about £150/200 in the club shop, probably at least another £150 on the concourse.

I will not spend another penny on anything at the stadium except a programme while the club continue this genuinely pathetic attitude to club supporters who kept the club afloat during the dark times. I'll go into town and the Swan when I want a beer.

It's up to you Barber. Try to screw every last cent out of us and we will find ways to ensure we actually give you less

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Serious question - has a flask ever been used in a terrorist attack anywhere in the history of our planet?

I just don't think of little 70 year old fellas from Shoreham being your usual targets for radicalisation, although it sounds like a half decent plot for an elderly terrorist comedy film.

Would appreciate help with titles, only got Geriatric Jihad so far.

The Shoreham Shoe Bomber.

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
Barber is slowly but surely killing my love for the club.

Barber has already killed my love for the Club (and I sometimes wonder why Superfan Tony is letting him do it) but I still love CH & the Team. Also Barber is a coward choosing to send these rules out like this rather than facing fans at a forum. A bit like a wartime General. Safely behind the lines.

Incidentally we broke our dogs Albion plastic food bowl this morning. Initially thought about getting a replacement Saturday while there but thought Stewards may confiscate it on entry in case having bought it I would choose to lob it frisbee fashion from my elevated seat. Something else for the banned list? Will get the pooch a cheaper option elsewhere now.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
If you had travelled away at all, you would know that these rules (and more) as overbearing as they may be, have applied to other stadia/grounds for a while now.

PB is not a tyrannical headmaster creating new ways to oppress you, give your head a wobble.

"killed my love for the club", seriously, what melodramatic bullshit.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
It's up to you Barber. Try to screw every last cent out of us and we will find ways to ensure we actually give you less

What if Tony Bloom was putting his name to this stuff ?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
We get around £14m a year in gate receipts. With their 10K stadium, Muff will get about £5m, which would be 4% of £125m - sounds about right.

Premier League 2018 Matchday Income.JPG

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I remember going to see Aerosmith at Wembley in 1999 and the bar tender there taking the top off my overpriced bottle of lager. When I remonstrated with him he told me that it was because I might throw it at someone so therefore they "had" to do it. Even my rant that I'm hardly going to spend £4 on a bottle of lager just to throw it at someone held no sway.
Whilst I'm not in the slightest bit in favour of this edict from the club it is commonplace in many stadia - I'm quite surprised that it has taken this long to get to the sunny shores of Sussex. I have some vague memory that we weren't "supposed" to have bottle tops at Withdean but that was largely ignored.

Jan 30, 2008
finally, we are also aware of a very small number of fans who chose to continue to ignore stadium rules by bringing flasks into the stadium, or by concealing bottle tops for use later. Anyone doing this is liable to ejection from the stadium and further stadium and ticketing sanctions. The club will not issue any further warnings.

when i got this email it made my blood boil . The very minor incidents involving a few chelsea fans are being used to basically oppress us further . Okay there are bigger things going on in the world today but i am angry as all these decisions are more revenue focused than related to safety issues . Brighton happily serve expensive alcohol to pissed up idiots who've had too much already but won't let an oap bring in a flask of tea . Hypocrites.

It's as though a major incident has happened at a game . Has it ? No . Now we can't bring bottle tops or flasks . Have they completely lost the plot ? They are threatening to ban people who bring flasks . Have they gone mad ? Take a step back and look at what you are actually saying for goodness sake . It just creates a bad feeling . " the club will not issue any further warnings ? " or what - you going to line us up against the wall and shoot us ? It sounds like that .

Remember we are the customers - you are the lucky recipients of our time, loyalty and money . Without us you are nothing . So stop treating us like naughty children and treat us like customers .
customers???
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here