Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Duffy

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Absolutely looks like he should go join Knocky and the others at Brighton Vets.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
How is it ridiculous when he was our player of the season for one season and was brilliant in the our first season in the top flight? Potter doesn't think he fits and he's had a bad season but he'd do a job for a few pl teams. Craig Dawson is doing the job for West Ham and he's never been as good as Duffy and they're just off a champions League spot

Have you seen Duffy playing for Celtic? For whatever reason, he has suffered as bad a loss of form as any top player I can think of, and there is no guarantee he'll get it back.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
How is it ridiculous when he was our player of the season for one season and was brilliant in the our first season in the top flight? Potter doesn't think he fits and he's had a bad season but he'd do a job for a few pl teams. Craig Dawson is doing the job for West Ham and he's never been as good as Duffy and they're just off a champions League spot
He's a calamity and liability for Celtic, whether that's because he has personal issues, we don't know, but there is no way in his current form that he would get anywhere near a, Premier league team, unfortunately.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Have you seen Duffy playing for Celtic? For whatever reason, he has suffered as bad a loss of form as any top player I can think of, and there is no guarantee he'll get it back.

I'm not saying it's guaranteed, just that it's not ridiculous for him to play premier League football again

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I'm not saying it's guaranteed, just that it's not ridiculous for him to play premier League football again

He could sign for Burnley to replace Tarkowski and be their player of the season. That would be no surprise to me at all - he is made for their style.

The Optimist

NSC Patreon
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Enough of this loaning out senior players, sell them and make some money back on them.

But is anyone prepared to buy him? After his season at Celtic there’s not going to be many teams stumping up cash for him. Perhaps loaning him out so that someone else covers his wages is the best we can hope for.

SAC

May 21, 2014
But is anyone prepared to buy him? After his season at Celtic there’s not going to be many teams stumping up cash for him. Perhaps loaning him out so that someone else covers his wages is the best we can hope for.

After the season he's had, finding anyone to pay all of his wages would be highly unlikely. I can't see Wayne Rooney's Derby doing it.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Would have been better at Rangers.

I’ve not seen Rangers play that much but Duffy needs to play in a team where he is not expected to steam forward and play football.

I remember when we played Cardiff at home once, Warnock man marked our back line distributer, Dunk. The ball was going to Duffy to move forward but he was really ineffective. Great tactics and surprisingly effective. But as a shot blocker and man-2-man defender, there are few better in the Premier League. Perfect for a team like Burnley or Palace.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Derby are interested in him if you believe the gossip section of the BBC Sport pages.

If Wayne Rooney manages to keep Derby County in the Championship he will look to sign Brighton and Republic of Ireland centre-back Shane Duffy, 29, who has spent the season on loan at Celtic. (Football Insider)

ifightbears

Jul 19, 2010
Cornwall
Enough of this loaning out senior players, sell them and make some money back on them.

He has lost a lot of transfer value this season, a good loan in the championship would get a better transfer fee next summer. Wages paid and a loan fee would help also. He's still contracted until 2023.

SAC

May 21, 2014
He has lost a lot of transfer value this season, a good loan in the championship would get a better transfer fee next summer. Wages paid and a loan fee would help also. He's still contracted until 2023.

You think a Championship club will pay a loan fee and pay his £45k a week wages?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here