Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Moon Creature

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
It's the summer silly season and time to solve a mystery that has been bugging me for decades. I was born in '55 so this gives you a start to the era I'm talking about. Some-when, late 60's or early 70's, I remember watching a documentary on TV about a missing film reel from either the moon or mars. The programme goes on the hunt for the film, finally locating it. Final scene of the show is the video which shoes movement and some creature living on the moon. At the time it scared me to bits, but did I really watch it or was it a dream. I've searched the web but found nothing. I also know that it was shown on 1st April. Someone out there must be my age and remember this show.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Could it be a Quatermass episode?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
There was a load of stuff about “ham” radio enthusiasts hearing a broadcast on a secret NASA channel that said that Apollo 11 was met by UFOs but I don’t remember any other whacko stuff about aliens on the moon apart from the mockumentary Alternative 9.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
It's the summer silly season and time to solve a mystery that has been bugging me for decades. I was born in '55 so this gives you a start to the era I'm talking about. Some-when, late 60's or early 70's, I remember watching a documentary on TV about a missing film reel from either the moon or mars. The programme goes on the hunt for the film, finally locating it. Final scene of the show is the video which shoes movement and some creature living on the moon. At the time it scared me to bits, but did I really watch it or was it a dream. I've searched the web but found nothing. I also know that it was shown on 1st April. Someone out there must be my age and remember this show.

Shhh, you're not supposed to talk about that. :wink:

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
The Clangers for the 4th time :)

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
They didn’t live on the moon.

You’re thinking of Mr Spoon.

Did the soup dragon live on the moon or was that a different program altogether? I seem to have very distant memories of such things but not much else. I was very young at the time- honest.

Did the soup dragon live on the moon or was that a different program altogether? I seem to have very distant memories of such things but not much else. I was very young at the time- honest.

The Clangers, Froglets and Soup Dragon all lived (and may still live) on their little planet and ate Soup and Blue String Pudding - loved the Clangers and the fact that you could sort of work out what their little whistley noises meant. There have been some recent series as well, must try and catch up with them.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere

The soup dragon lived on the same planet as the clangers...in a crater...unlike the metal chicken that lived in a nest (also metal) that was a satellite of the clangers world.

I’m pretty sure that I THOUGHT the clangers lived on the moon because of the craters etc. But I see another correspondent has debunked this theory.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here