Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Newcastle chronicle

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
The only bitterness I had was about their freak goal against us at the Amex. Jammy *****

Don’t think I’ve ever seen a luckier goal, I mean his feet weren’t even pointing towards our goal. Mossy basket!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Don’t think I’ve ever seen a luckier goal, I mean his feet weren’t even pointing towards our goal. Mossy basket!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was too busy laughing at how shit the original shot was, to realise it had somehow gone in the back of the net. (just in the gap between Tomri's head and the crossbar, if I remember correctly). *****

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
With the advantage to us we bottled it by going for cagey draws even after certain promotion. No hard feelings with Newcastle at all from me and we always have a good mannered football match when we play too.

Bloom would probably be more pissed of than us I reckon.

We did bottle it but not because we went for cagey draws. Lost to Norwich 2-0 when they couldn't muster one shot on target! Winning at Villa and had Baldock scored we would have been coasting at 2-0.

In the article Lascelles bemoans a double deflection goal last season but needs to remember in the championship, they drew level at the Amex to a fluke goal.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Local game for you, enjoy!

I've gone from confident, to not so, to confident again, then reverted to nervy, then sure we'd win and all the back to today where I'm sure we're going to get tonked. My level of enjoyment will depend largely on us looking semi-decent, trying and maybe getting a draw.

I'm just not sure we're quite 'there' yet or that we will ever quite be 'there' to be honest.

I hope GP knows where 'there' is, because I'm getting increasingly confused.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I've gone from confident, to not so, to confident again, then reverted to nervy, then sure we'd win and all the back to today where I'm sure we're going to get tonked. My level of enjoyment will depend largely on us looking semi-decent, trying and maybe getting a draw.

I'm just not sure we're quite 'there' yet or that we will ever quite be 'there' to be honest.

I hope GP knows where 'there' is, because I'm getting increasingly confused.

I’ll go out on a limb here and say we will look decent, we have every game this season ( apart for 25 mins against Burnley), so we should get even better game by game. Need a settled team though which is proving a problem with injuries and stroppy want away strikers. We’ll probably need Maty to be somewhere close to being MOM if we are going to win or draw though.

We could get tonked or we could do the tonking. At least you know we won’t be sticking 10 men behind the ball and hoping for a breakaway ( although this actually worked for a change last season :lolol:)

I look forward to your rock related comments after the game!

Last edited:

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
We did bottle it but not because we went for cagey draws. Lost to Norwich 2-0 when they couldn't muster one shot on target! Winning at Villa and had Baldock scored we would have been coasting at 2-0.

In the article Lascelles bemoans a double deflection goal last season but needs to remember in the championship, they drew level at the Amex to a fluke goal.

Well maybe not cagey draws but we certainly couldn't buy a win for some reason, a bit like the end of last season. Plateaued out.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I’ll go out on a limb here and say we will look decent, we have every game this season ( apart for 25 mins against Burnley), so we should get even better game by game. Need a settled team though which is proving a problem with injuries and stroppy want away strikers. We’ll probably need Maty to be somewhere close to being MOM if we are going to win or draw though.

We could get tonked or we could do the tonking. At least you know we won’t be sticking 10 men behind the ball and hoping for a breakaway ( although this actually worked for a change last season :lolol:)

I look forward to your rock related comments after the game!

Potter has never been about a settled team, either at Ostersunds or Swansea. Quite the reverse, in fact. He was known for changing the team to fit the opposition. So you're likely to be disappointed.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
They’re right about one thing which is that tomorrow is a big game. But that’s only because I suspect we’ll both be in the bottom 5 come the end of season.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
More annoyed at our players stopping three games early. Would say zero bitterness and hadn't even thought of it till saw the thread. Was just excited to be back in the top flight for the first time since I was 5 months old!!!!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Potter has never been about a settled team, either at Ostersunds or Swansea. Quite the reverse, in fact. He was known for changing the team to fit the opposition. So you're likely to be disappointed.

Agreed but I tend to doubt that he would have chosen to play the team he did against Burnley. Team would have looked very different if he’d had the five injured players to pick from, although I’d hazard a guess that it wouldn’t have included Ali J and Balogun. Still got Bissouma and El Galgo trying to get up to speed too. It was a bit bare bones against Burnley.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Newcastle U23 coach Neil Redfearn walks out.

https://www.themag.co.uk/2019/11/newcastle-united-coach-walk-out-after-dispute-report-neil-redfearn/

Monday night has brought news that Neil Redfearn has walked out on Newcastle United.
It is reported that the NUFC Under 23s Head Coach has had a dispute with a younger coach.
The Mail saying that a complaint was made about Neil Redfearn (on the right above) to Academy chief Ben Dawson (in the middle above, the other person being* goalkeeping coach Simon Smith)."]Monday night has brought news that Neil Redfearn has walked out on Newcastle United.
It is reported that the NUFC Under 23s Head Coach has had a dispute with a younger coach.
The Mail saying that a complaint was made about Neil Redfearn (on the right above) to Academy chief Ben Dawson (in the middle above, the other person being* goalkeeping coach Simon Smith)

Peter Beardsley, now Neil Redfearn.
Not going good for them :lolol:

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I wonder if this "dispute" is like the ones George Foreman and Mohammed Ali had?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here