Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Cashless Amex en route...

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
This is absolutely not true. All you need is:
  1. an Android phone with NFC (the technology used for phone payments) - e.g. an LG G3 from eBay at about £50 (that's buying outright, and you can sell it again on eBay for about £50 if you want to cash in) - https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_..._ItemCondition=3000&_nkw=lg+g3&rt=nc&LH_BIN=1
  2. a free Pay As You Go SIM, e.g. GiffGaff - https://www.giffgaff.com/free-sim-cards - you'll pay 5p for the <1MB of data you need to make the transaction (or possibly even free, if you can connect to the AMEX WiFi).

I bought an new and unlocked Motorola off Amazon 3 years ago for £105. Still works fine and it still gets system updates etc. Pay £5 a month for a sim only contract with 2gb of data (which admittedly is a special deal but these often crop up) Does everything I need. Definitely shows it can be done cheaply without £50 a month contracts with fancy new phones.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I bought an new and unlocked Motorola off Amazon 3 years ago for £105.

You have to be careful buying phones off Amazon. I bought a refurbished Xperia off them last year and after about a month, it stopped working. Upon investigating, I discovered that the phone had been blocked as it had been stolen, leaving me £100 out of pocket. Amazon seem to be a bit careless about checking the providence of the gear that they flog.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
You have to be careful buying phones off Amazon. I bought a refurbished Xperia off them last year and after about a month, it stopped working. Upon investigating, I discovered that the phone had been blocked as it had been stolen, leaving me £100 out of pocket. Amazon seem to be a bit careless about checking the providence of the gear that they flog.

Good advice.

This was a brand new phone sold by Amazon themselves rather than a reseller using the Amazon system.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
St Marys do this and seemed to work pretty well. You buy token(s) and then collect at half time. They have a chunk of pre-poured pints and then just pour. You handover the tokens so no transaction so fairly quick.

There is meant to be a system for getting bottles of Heineken in ESU with a token but they fail miserably. Either no tokens or no beer at half time.

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
"Once the stadium and superstore is able to welcome fans and supporters back, no cash or cheques will be accepted for any purchase made within the stadium."

I am going to miss pissing everyone off behind me in the food kiosk as I will no longer be able to pay for my halftime pie and pint with a cheque.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Attachments

• IMG_1956.PNG
    IMG_1956.PNG
    4.2 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
will we still be encouraged to throw coins into the blanket as they carry it around the pitch?
i certainly hope so as it would take ages for us all to wait our turns and use contactless

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here