Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Crux of the whole matter. People are unhappy, and just want "change" - something different from whatever reality at the time. They only know what they don't like, but have no concept of what could improve their life. Same reason Trump got in.

It's funny that you should say that. I can find loads of posts from [MENTION=1365]Westdene Seagull[/MENTION] saying what he doesn't want and what red lines he believes should be met, but not one actually explaining what it is he wants that would meet all these red lines and other criteria he wants.

Apart obviously, from the inane 'I want a Good Deal'. But that's about as meaningful as 'Leave means Leave', 'On our way', 'Brexit means Brexit' etc

*edit*

And, seeing [MENTION=21262]birthofanorange[/MENTION]'s post above, I feel I have to defend [MENTION=1365]Westdene Seagull[/MENTION] in that he has always wanted out of the EU since long before the referendum. But it makes it all the stranger, that in all that time, he has never managed to come up with even an outline plan of how to go about it :shrug:

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You're not missing anything. Trust me :thumbsup:

I know.

But your bits are good. Only bread, but when it's a shit sandwich, it's best to stick with the bread :rolleyes:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
A near-exclusive gathering of the middle-upper classes Waitrose set shows where their true loyalties lie shock but not many EU flags out in Hyde Park amongst the Great British Patriotic public, plenty of these though ...

uk-union-jack-flag-waving-animated-gif-11.gif

:salute:

Wild stereotyping from the self-anointed jeerleader. Those inside the Albert Hall are nearly all members of the middle upper classes? Goodness, even your prejudices have a pre war flavour. And you imply that tired old assumption that a person can be loyal to Britain or loyal to the EU but not truly loyal to both; that somehow the Brexiteers are the real patriots and the others are not. A cheap little argument barely worthy of the Daily Express.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
It's funny that you should say that. I can find loads of posts from [MENTION=1365]Westdene Seagull[/MENTION] saying what he doesn't want and what red lines he believes should be met, but not one actually explaining what it is he wants that would meet all these red lines and other criteria he wants.

Apart obviously, from the inane 'I want a Good Deal'. But that's as meaningful as 'Leave means Leave', 'On our way', 'Brexit means Brexit' etc

*edit*

And, seeing [MENTION=21262]birthofanorange[/MENTION]'s post above, I feel I have to defend [MENTION=1365]Westdene Seagull[/MENTION] in that he has always wanted out of the EU since before the referendum. But it makes it all the stranger, that in all that time, he has never managed to come up with even an outline plan of how to go about it :shrug:

That's perfectly fine and dandy, as we don't *all* want the same things, and every single person is equally entitled to their opinion. I'm just astounded that I've hardly ever come across anyone who has ever even mentioned it before, and it all seems to have emerged during the referendum.

Jan 30, 2008

Apart obviously, from the inane 'I want a Good Deal'. But that's as meaningful as 'Leave means Leave', 'On our way', 'Brexit means Brexit' etc

*edit*

And, seeing [MENTION=21262]birthofanorange[/MENTION]'s post above, I feel I have to defend [MENTION=1365]Westdene Seagull[/MENTION] in that he has always wanted out of the EU since long before the referendum. But it makes it all the stranger, that in all that time, he has never managed to come up with even an outline plan of how to go about it :shrug:

unlike you who knows it all he's in no position to make demands of what type of Brexit he wants? No Deal cuts the mustard any deal will be subject to all the shit that's been going on in Parliament with no clear outcome, Are you ready for Brexit ?
Regards
DF

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Did you watch Last Night of The Proms last night? I'm genuinely interested what middle class people do in modern day Hove.

You really have an issue with class don't you ? You seem to mention it an awful lot. I don't consider myself any class so I can't help you with your query about what 'middle class' people do in modern day Hove. For the record, no I didn't watch Last Night of the Proms but I have been to one of the preceding Proms before and it was as boring as hell. I'd never attend enough of them to be able get a ticket to the Last Night.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
You really have an issue with class don't you ? You seem to mention it an awful lot. I don't consider myself any class so I can't help you with your query about what 'middle class' people do in modern day Hove. For the record, no I didn't watch Last Night of the Proms but I have been to one of the preceding Proms before and it was as boring as hell. I'd never attend enough of them to be able get a ticket to the Last Night.

Yes I do Westdene. But I've got 'Last Night of The Proms' on iPlayer, I need to watch it though because I bet it'll be the same old **** , same old ****- Katie Derham looks well fit, public school numpties bouncing up and down, waving flags, singing 'Rule Britannia!'

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
And in English ? :lol:

Westdene - leave him. Apart from Brexit, when you go full on psycho, leave it...................Other than this thread, you come across as a nice bloke - I'm not the only one to say that. That's what Brexit has done to us......................

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I am obviously a remainer. I am agaisnt the snowflake leavers.

Yes, but.... we call them 'broflakes'. We are the snowflakes. Apparently. This is the source of my confusion.

Apart from that, all power to your elbow.

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
unlike you who knows it all he's in no position to make demands of what type of Brexit he wants? No Deal cuts the mustard any deal will be subject to all the shit that's been going on in Parliament with no clear outcome, Are you ready for Brexit ?
Regards
DF

Take a breath. Then use some punctuation.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

What happened? Katie Derham or not, it was pitiful. I'm too depressed to ever talk to your again.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Good to have an expert on here, although I’m not sure leavers like experts.

Did I imagine hearing/ reading that the Scottish court had seen more evidence than the English court, but that the Supreme Court would see everything?

As far as I can tell the Supreme Court will hear a) the appeal by Gina Miller et al against the English High Court's decision that it is not a justiciable matter (not for the courts) - missing out the normal Court of Appeal stage, and b) the appeal by the Government against the Scottish Court of Sessions decision that the prorogation was unlawful. I don't think the NI decision is being appealed - as the judges there simply avoided the prorogation issue saying that it was being dealt with in England - but doubtless any evidence produced in the NI court will be reused. Although they may look at the question of the Good Friday agreement.

I suspect it will be difficult to treat is as 'an appeal' in the normal way, as they would have to hear two separate appeals contradicting each other. Instead, it will probably be rolled into one, where the judges just decide on the issues.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here