Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Cyclist Scumbag

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Cycled from London Waterloo to London bridge today, then back again.

Red light jumping count:-

1 bus
Three cars
Lost count of pedestrians
Zero bikes

Other notifiable incidents:-

Zero headbut incidents.
Zero shouting at bus and cars jumping red

Message ends

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I guess there have been no other assaults, murders or manslaughters in the UK over the last 24 hours.

That's reassuring.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Cycled from London Waterloo to London bridge today, then back again.

Red light jumping count:-

1 bus
Three cars
Lost count of pedestrians
Zero bikes

Other notifiable incidents:-

Zero headbut incidents.
Zero shouting at bus and cars jumping red

Message ends

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

We can't trust this data because you are a CYCLIST and thus a LYING SCUMBAG.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I guess there have been no other assaults, murders or manslaughters in the UK over the last 24 hours.

That's reassuring.

Well, none not involving a cyclist. There have been too many cyclist-related batterings to keep track of, certainly too many to report.

I mean, just this morning, I found myself headbutting random passers by during my commute to work. I feel bad about the old woman, but she did suggest I grease up my chain a little bit more than I have been. She stepped over the line.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Well, none not involving a cyclist. There have been too many cyclist-related batterings to keep track of, certainly too many to report.

I mean, just this morning, I found myself headbutting random passers by during my commute to work. I feel bad about the old woman, but she did suggest I grease up my chain a little bit more than I have been. She stepped over the line.
There we go, now you're getting it

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Go down that road many times a week. There are some very aggressive cyclists, not surprised at all by this.

Yea me too... I cycle and scooter (not at the same time) up Farringdon road and cross at the same point of the incident. Pedestrians, cyclists everyone seems mental along that road. I learnt to shut up a long time ago otherwise i would have been having a row every 50 meters.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
To be fair, we don’t have both sides of the story. For all we know the bloke in the suit could be a banker?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As this is our current defacto cycling thread:-

[tweet]1171774780862865408[/tweet]

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
When I used to drive into London a lot I saw cyclists taking some unbelievable risks. There's a cycle lane on the A3 coming out of Elephant & Castle and through Kennington. From around 5ish it's very well used with people finishing work so it gets very congested. The quicker riders want to overtake the slower ones and the amount of times I've seen people swerving out into the road without really looking is ridiculous, as a driver you just have to anticipate and be really careful.

You see bad driving and risk taking all the time on the roads but I think the difference is that in a car at those speeds if you get it wrong you have a prang and it's an inconvenience, if you get it wrong on a bike you can easily end up getting killed. It's been very well publicised how many cyclists are killed by lorries turning left but you still see people going past lorries on the inside, it's just madness.

Hugely underrated post. This is also my experience in London. Obviously, being on a bike doesn’t make you a ****, we’ve probably all ridden bikes in our lives and upon sitting on the saddle you don’t turn into a maniac.

In London, there are a huge number of cyclists as it’s such a convenient method of transport. But the roads are not very well made for this volume and the risks some of them take are insane. Unfortunately, a cyclist needs to be very aware of the murder vehicles about them. Just being tapped by a car can mean significant injuries if you come off the bike. I was on a bus in the City and the left-hand lane had roadworks, so the road was narrowing to one lane. The roadworks had two-metre high steel fencing. A cyclist came along the inside of the bus and rapidly started running out of space, the roadworks cut off his route and he almost got crushed between the bus and fence. He must have been scared because he totally lost it. Smashing his fists on the windows, screaming and shouting (we’d stopped at lights next to the roadworks). That scenario was entirely his fault and I’ve seen similar events hell of a lot. Often the motorist is in the wrong but as a cyclist, you have to try and reduce the risk. Mistakes can kill you.

I’ve also seen dozens of events where twats who happen to be on bikes almost run people down. It’s nearly always them ignoring pedestrian crossings. But there are also a lot of situations where the pets has simply not looked. I think this happens because a car is far more obvious to spot, and ‘in the crowd’ you might not notice a bike zipping along.

I stopped a young lad stepping out in front of a speeding bike at the crossing outside Cannon St many years ago. Cyclist’s lights were green, but he was on the wrong side of the road as he’d raced around the corner and was going to fast to stay on his side. The pedestrian looked left and stepped out. I yanked him back by his backpack.

It’s easy to blame cyclists / drivers. I think it’s just that in the madness of that many people, accidents happen. People are careless and there will always be incidents. The vast, vast majority of cyclists, drivers and pedestrians I see are absolutely fine. Following the rules, riding / driving safely.

Look after yourselves out there everyone. Give people the benefit of the doubt, perhaps they just made a mistake.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Could it be that people are only really noticing the cyclists doing the wrong thing, those stopping at lights and doing the right thing do not warrant noticing?

From reading this thread it seems that pro cycling people see cyclists doing the right thing and anti cycling people see them doing the wrong thing. Coincidence?

The bloke in the OP is clearly a wanker and a thug who behaved appallingly, but I can never understand why his mode of transport is relevant. i suspect he is a wanker and a thug on 4 wheels or on foot. It is unlikely that his personality morphs when he climbs on a bike.

Confirmation Bias

The tendency to search for or interpret information in the way that confirms one’s preexisting beliefs, leading to statistical errors.

When people would like a certain idea to be true, they end up believing it to be true. They are motivated by wishful thinking.

For example, a person with a low self-esteem is highly sensitive to being ignored by other people, and they constantly monitor for signs that people might not like them.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
It's an every day thing in London and I don't drive a car. Cyclists routinely go through red lights and use the pavement.

Sorry.

I'm not interested in their war with motorists, it's nothing to do with me. They need to be insured and pay the same fines motorists do.

Probably hard to believe but I NEVER cross the road when I shouldn't. Its just far too dangerous.

Cyclists should offer me the same respect I offer them, unfortunately they very often don't.

Sent from my BTV-DL09 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here