Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] England vs Australia, Ashes 4th test - Old Trafford

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
About time they stopped even attempting a game longer than T20 in Manchester. Stupid at the best of times let alone in Autumn.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I'm already thinking a rain affected game may help England salvage a draw here. Smith seems to be the modern day Bradman.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
Not far off "Ashes blow away" headlines. Smith really is the main difference between the sides; with him there Australia are quite a long way the better team.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I know people say about plans and the like to Smith, but I’m lost... he has no weakness, it’s also one of those occasions I think the hes in the bowlers heads, he just doesn’t even give chances the majority of the time it’s staggering to be honest, and as much as he is a cheating prick you can’t help but admire the pure skill in his batting, it’s remarkable what he’s doing.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I know people say about plans and the like to Smith, but I’m lost... he has no weakness, it’s also one of those occasions I think the hes in the bowlers heads, he just doesn’t even give chances the majority of the time it’s staggering to be honest, and as much as he is a cheating prick you can’t help but admire the pure skill in his batting, it’s remarkable what he’s doing.

Apparently the plan is to let twitchy, cheaty get to 140 and then he fails regularly.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'd happily take a rained-off draw in this match. Leave it all to play for at the Oval.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'd happily take a rained-off draw in this match. Leave it all to play for at the Oval.

Agreed. Straight shoot out in final game rather than two chances to lose the Ashes.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Maybe Roy will feel more at home at the Oval his home patch, not betting on it mind.

If you are not good enough it doesn't matter where you are playing. The man hasn't got the technique for Test cricket. He is a ' pinch hitter ' at one day level, throwing his bat with no movement of feet.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Not far off "Ashes blow away" headlines. Smith really is the main difference between the sides; with him there Australia are quite a long way the better team.

I do believe that Anderson in our side would have gone a long way to balance it up. Without Jimmy, we are a very ordinary bowling side. The man is world class.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Need to get this cocky Labuschagne out early, something about his facial expressions and just general demeanour pisses me off, must be something the Australians have in their blood as it seems a theme with them.

Apologies if I’ve been whooshed here...

but whatever is responsible for any traits you don’t like in his demeanour, it certainly isn’t Australian blood!

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
If you are not good enough it doesn't matter where you are playing. The man hasn't got the technique for Test cricket. He is a ' pinch hitter ' at one day level, throwing his bat with no movement of feet.

That is what we are seeing so far with horrendous shots to balls wide of off stump. Hopefully the home comforts of the Oval will settle him down a bit and he will provide something. I feel he is only still in the team because there is nobody obvious to come in and replace him.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Morning [MENTION=82]pasty[/MENTION], morning everyone.

So I wonder who is going to get the biggest first innings score, Steve Smith or, er, England?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
What’s up with Joffreys* pace? Early to mid eighties? Seems very strange.

* :lol:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Bye Travis 183/4

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here