Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Man City next weekend - how should we set up?

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Italy-Goal-Bricked-Up-at-the-World-Cup--21095.jpg

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Playing three at the back is ridiculous, five at the back is feasible and no more defensive than CH'.s six.

SockMonster

Oct 12, 2007
Brighton
Playing three at the back is ridiculous, five at the back is feasible and no more defensive than CH'.s six.

But that is not a reflection of how we set up defensively. Yes we play three centre halves but when we don't have the ball we revert to 5-4-1. We will obviously spend most of our time in this king of formation at City. The key is what happens when we have the ball. Will we commit men forward or not?

SockMonster

Oct 12, 2007
Brighton
But that is not a reflection of how we set up defensively. Yes we play three centre halves but when we don't have the ball we revert to 5-4-1. We will obviously spend most of our time in this king of formation at City. The key is what happens when we have the ball. Will we commit men forward or not?

kind of formation...

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
33/1 on PaddyPower. Might have a little flutter. If Palace can do it last season......

Ooo, in fact with a PowerUp I can get 40/1

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
33/1 on PaddyPower. Might have a little flutter. If Palace can do it last season......

Lol I bet you cash out before City take the kick off after the goal

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I would like Connolly to take Andone's place on the right tomorrow. Got nothing to lose, might as well blood the youngster and try and attack them with that front 3.

Dutch

Aug 16, 2012
Ryan
Duffy - Dunk - Burn
Montoya - Propper - Stephens - March
Gross - Maupay - Trossard

Subs: Button, Bernardo, Webster, Alzate, Mooy, Murray, Connolly​

That's the line up I'm expecting and hoping. Pretty sure he'll keep the same formation with, where possible, the same players. Obviously Andone won't feature so hopefully Maupay will take the central striking berth. Will be very interesting watching us try and beat the Man City press. They press the same way Barcelona use to, when the opposition get the ball pressurise your opponents collectively for 5-10 seconds to try to regain possessions. Stats show that teams are very successful when attacking shortly after gaining the ball, even more so when this occurs further up the pitch. If, and it's a big if, we can beat their press, which we've been pretty good at thus far, we might just be rewarded.

Defensively we have looked solid and I expect us to remain difficult to score against, however, our main problem will be when Man City catch us further up the pitch and either Duffy or Burn are exposed to Sterling or B. Silva.

Not expecting a result but hopeful of a strong performance and you just never know. UTA.

:bhasign:

Hometownglory

Jan 12, 2014
Ryan

Duffy Dunk Burn

Montoya Stephens Propper March

Trossard Murray Connolly

Subs: Button, Webster, Maupay, Alzate, Gross, Mooy Bernado

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
—————-——— Ryan —————————
—-———Duffy—-Dunk——Burn—————
Webster—Pröpper——Stephens—Bernardo
———Jahanbakhsh——-Trossard———-—-
————————Maupay—————-———-

I think they’ll be some surprise selections tomorrow.

Duffy, Dunk and Burn aren’t going to go walk about over the halfway line and I expect the likes of Webster, Bernardo or even Baloguns to be dropped in at wing back to support with Ali J and Trossard in front of them. Maupay a lone figure on the break.

Last edited:

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
The ??? is who is going to play on the right side of attack or whether we play an extra defender ???

I think it will be Webster. In the past we have been hit on the counter attack against City, even conceding from our own corner. We have to be careful about pushing too many players forward! Balogun and Bernardo not ruled out.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

I took 55/1 at BetVictor on Monday. Now 33/1.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here