Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Hope everyone has their thoughts and prayers ready ..........again

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Thanks to this thread I learned today that you are just as likely to be mugged in New York as you are in London. But in New York, you are 54 times more likely to die from the mugging

Christ

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class

I don't know where you got that from, and of course it depends on how you define "mass shooting" but 90 mass shooters is a VERY low estimate.

This site defines a mass shooting as one where 4 or more are killed or wounded, not including the perpetrator. Read it and weep for the US.

GunViolence3Aug2019.jpg

https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
But doesn't the 2nd amendment make that an argument? (not that I agree)
The point is that mass killings with guns have **** all to do with video games. It's proven. It's fact. That's all.

Apart from that (thing that you're wrong about) I think we agree.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
[MENTION=355]Juan Albion[/MENTION] the image I posted didn’t include the last 7 years. So a portion of it will be that.

I find it shocking that normal Americans think this is all unavoidable. I wonder what it will take to make them actually take action

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
The point is that mass killings with guns have **** all to do with video games. It's proven. It's fact. That's all.

Apart from that (thing that you're wrong about) I think we agree.

Okay, I respect that computer games don't cause every player to commit mass killings, but to say it's been proven computer games have no influence whatsoever doesn't sound right to me.

How dd they prove this and what was their method?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Okay, I respect that computer games don't cause every player to commit mass killings, but to say it's been proven computer games have no influence whatsoever doesn't sound right to me.

Shit dude. Google it!

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
[MENTION=355]Juan Albion[/MENTION] the image I posted didn’t include the last 7 years. So a portion of it will be that.

I find it shocking that normal Americans think this is all unavoidable. I wonder what it will take to make them actually take action

I realise it is old, but the numbers it uses are not really relevant to the current situation. The number of guns in the US is nearly 400 million now. Or, as Wikipedia puts it, "U.S civilians own 393 million guns. That is 3 times as many guns as the armed forces of the Russian Federation (30.3 million), China (27.5 million), North Korea (8.4 million), Ukraine (6.6 million), United States (4.5 million), India (3.9 million), Vietnam (3.8 million), Iran (3.3 million), South Korea (2.7 million), Pakistan (2.3 million), and all the other countries (39.7 million) combined."

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Shit dude. Google it!

I just have and found nothing that proves computer games have zero influence on kids/teenagers.

any chance of a link?

I really don't mind being proven wrong on this, I'd just like to see the evidence that proves me wrong and can assure parents their kids are safe playing games which involve guns, murder and evil.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005

It would be a pretty hard thing to prove either way.

But... If anything, gunning a few dozen people down in an online game decreases that urge for mindless violence in real life, no?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

Their economy tanking and realising that China can **** them? Oh no, that will mean more shootings.

The deaths from gun crime is one thing but more important for me is that they have such a huge percentage of their population in prison.

And most of them are black.

"The land of the free"?

Yeah as long as you're white, male and rich.

The way they're treating women now is as bad as the Taliban.

Disgusting country.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I just have and found nothing that proves computer games have zero influence on kids/teenagers.

any chance of a link?

I really don't mind being proven wrong on this, I'd just like to see the evidence that proves me wrong and can assure parents their kids are safe playing games which involve guns, murder and evil.
Hold on. This is the God argument.

I can't find any evidence that it doesn't exist, therefore it must exist.

You're better than that.

There's no evidence to say that kids playing games makes them kill people. So how can there be evidence that playing games doesn't make them kill people?

It's nonsense mate.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
It would be a pretty hard thing to prove either way.

But... If anything, gunning a few dozen people down in an online game decreases that urge for mindless violence in real life, no?

Maybe, I can see how that would work, similar to how public executions would satisfy a psychopath from needing to kill. But there's a difference between going online and killing a few dozen people compared to kids who are obsessed, spending hours and hours of vital emotional and psychological development, at a key age, playing games which are based around horrific and inhumane activity.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Hold on. This is the God argument.

I can't find any evidence that it doesn't exist, therefore it must exist.

You're better than that.

There's no evidence to say that kids playing games makes them kill people. So how can there be evidence that playing games doesn't make them kill people?

It's nonsense mate.

I'm basing this on children who've not been screened and are living with unidentified psychopathic disorders. These are the ones I believe to be vulnerable to these games. (I.E aaron Campbell)

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I'm basing this on children who've not been screened and are living with unidentified psychopathic disorders. These are the ones I believe to be vulnerable to these games.
This shit has all been tested by people WAY more qualified than you or I.

It's nonsense to say that mass shootings have anything to do with video games.

That's a fact.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Maybe, I can see how that would work, similar to how public executions would satisfy a psychopath from needing to kill. But there's a difference between going online and killing a few dozen people compared to kids who are obsessed, spending hours and hours of vital emotional and psychological development, at a key age, playing games which are based around horrific and inhumane activity.

You could argue the same about films and stuff. Games are age rated, if young kids are playing 18's then where are the parents? It seems to me easy to make entertainment the scapegoat whether that be music, games or movies, but I feel the real issue resides in education, discipline and law.

What has happened is horrific, I can't begin to understand how the families of the poor people involved must feel right now. Truly tragic.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
This shit has all been tested by people WAY more qualified than you or I.

It's nonsense to say that mass shootings have anything to do with video games.

That's a fact.

It's not a fact though is it? Our understudying of external (and internal) influences on decisions is still something we don't have a great understanding of hence this current endless debate.

This could go on forever as both you and I can't prove anything on this, but i'll stand by it, an open mind is a healthy mind. I might be wrong or you might be wrong. Either way lets just agree whatever the social, emotional and psychological cause for this, lets hope it gets sorted

Last edited:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I'm basing this on children who've not been screened and are living with unidentified psychopathic disorders. These are the ones I believe to be vulnerable to these games. (I.E aaron Campbell)

You're using one example over and over again. How about all the other teenagers who played the same game and DIDN'T feel the need to kill anyone?

I've watched Goodfellas about 15 times but I've never stabbed some prick who's pissed me off or shot him in the back of my car.

I've played GTA but in real life I've never cut anyone's throat, driven a car over someone or punched a hooker in the face. It's a game.

Sickos are what they are. Games have **** all to do with it.

The media does though.

Be angry about The Daily Mail, The Sun, The Daily Express etc. They have access to millions of people and preach hate every day.

They cause real deaths, all the time. Every ****ing day. Get pissed off about reality.

Not kids playing games

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
You're using one example over and over again. How about all the other teenagers who played the same game and DIDN'T feel the need to kill anyone?

I've watched Goodfellas about 15 times but I've never stabbed some prick who's pissed me off or shot him in the back of my car.

I've played GTA but in real life I've never cut anyone's throat, driven a car over someone or punched a hooker in the face. It's a game.

Sickos are what they are. Games have **** all to do with it.

The media does though.

Be angry about The Daily Mail, The Sun, The Daily Express etc. They have access to millions of people and preach hate every day.

They cause real deaths, all the time. Every ****ing day. Get pissed off about reality.

Not kids playing games

:face palm:

Look mate, you're a decent bloke. I just don't think you're getting my point which is fair enough, i'm not the best at explaining things.
I'm not blaming anything specifically. I'm looking at a possible cause and using an example (aaron Campbell) as proof games can have a horrendous influence on the undeveloped brain of a youngster who suffers from a psychopathic disorder. Yes agree he's a sicko and I don't excuse what he did but it opens my eyes up to the dangers these games can have on a SPECIFIC type of youngster. Most kids will be fine playing these games but most kids/teenagers don't live with a psychopathic disorder. It's the ones who do I'm referring to.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here