Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
I think we need 2, a right back to compete with Montoya and an attacking player, not neccesarily a striker.

Our attacking options at present are Murray, Andone, Locadia, Trossard, Gross, Ali J and March, that is 7 players for 4 positions several of whom can play in more than one position, we also have Izquierdo to come back and Taylor Richards who is expected to push for the first team.

I understand people wanting us to sign a striker but we look like we will only go with one up top and we currently have 3 players competing for that slot, in my opinion Murray should be 3rd choice, he is getting older now but would still be an excellent player to have on the bench.

I would love us to sign Maupay, whether we will do business with Brentford remains to be seen, i dont rate McBurnie at all so im not bothered by that rumour but with the prices being talked about im not surprised we are not moving yet, Newcastle have just paid £40 million for potential, oh and he's Brazilian, cant think why else, its certainly not for his outstanding goal scoring record.

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
Bloom sacked his manager at great expense fully aware you’d expect of how the season turned out under Chris. The idea that he’s then not going to give Potter /ashworth/winstanley relatively substantial funds (but don’t expect any £50m strikers) to fill the 3 or so gaps in the squad is far fetched to say the least.

How do YOU know?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Didn't realise you have so many Potential BHAFC managers on this thread
Staggering and I'm suprised that PB had to pay all that compensation to Swansea when there are loads on here just a click of the mouse away from The Amex

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

....and angry Scottish ones mate.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Our attacking options at present are Murray, Andone, Locadia, Trossard, Gross, Ali J and March, that is 7 players for 4 positions several of whom can play in more than one position, we also have Izquierdo to come back and Taylor Richards who is expected to push for the first team.
I'd add Gyokeres to that list, too.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am concerned about [MENTION=99]B.W.[/MENTION]2

He is very late to this thread this morning. I need my daily fix from him that we need to pull our fingers out, the window is closing soon.

He is on this thread early doors every day, where is he today?

:wink:

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Both not ready for PL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
We need to get a move on

Pull our fingers out

Get someone in NOW

Is that okay Icy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I think we need 2, a right back to compete with Montoya and an attacking player, not neccesarily a striker.

I understand people wanting us to sign a striker but we look like we will only go with one up top and we currently have 3 players competing for that slot, in my opinion Murray should be 3rd choice, he is getting older now but would still be an excellent player to have on the bench.

I would love us to sign Maupay, whether we will do business with Brentford remains to be seen, i dont rate McBurnie at all so im not bothered by that rumour but with the prices being talked about im not surprised we are not moving yet, Newcastle have just paid £40 million for potential, oh and he's Brazilian, cant think why else, its certainly not for his outstanding goal scoring record.

I'd add Gyokeres to that list, too.

And Connolly

That is a list of people that is nowhere near good enough to guarantee survival. Which should be the minimum aim.

mike1901

May 12, 2017
On this thread probably . Amongst fans I doubt it. Doesn’t matter what anyone thinks or if they’re happy on July 24th. It’s who you buy not when. Look how happy everyone was when we signed Ali J on July 22nd last year.
Come back on August 9th or Xmas or May 2020 for the real window verdict of Summer 2019
Until then it’s pointless to use it as a stick to beat the club with or any posters who deviate from the line thats it all too late or even as some are now convinced, it’s going to be a disaster.

PS: I’ll say again there are 3 gaps in the squad, (RB, CF, and possibly CM) we know it, the club knows it, and all the reporting proves it. But if you’re convinced otherwise then not much I can do.
Exactly this, striker as good or better than Murray, DM midfielder better than what we have and a right back as we really only have Montoya. We get those three and we should be more competative than last season.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Surely today is the day the club announce a right back....or a striker....or an attacking midfielder.

No doubt one of the above will be signing for the ladies team instead.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Exactly this, striker as good or better than Murray, DM midfielder better than what we have and a right back as we really only have Montoya. We get those three and we should be more competative than last season.

You’ve completely omitted ACM and pace in CM for the counter/to cover counter attacks against us.

PL stats show that defence wasn’t our issue, instead we failed to create chances. At matches we witnessed the Albion being overrun in midfield, with virtually every other team (eg Stains, Bmuff, Watford, Cardiff, Fulham, Burnley) able to set three mobile CM’ers out to boss the engine room.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Not sure either are ready yet, but only in the way that Taylor Richards probably isn't either, so yes they are further options. Wouldn't be surprised to see either loaned out though.

If we do bring in a striker would like to see Connolly go to Bristol City on loan for the season. That seems to be one of the only positions where they are short. Appears a good fit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here