Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Our next prime minister BBC 1

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Indeed. But remember, you are, I am fairly confident, neither a tory MP nor a tory party member. To them, I suspect they feel they have whittled it down to the mordern day's Churchill versus MacMillan.

(And to me, every last offering in a tub of Quality Street is a small lump of saccharine poo. Which is why, in actual fact, I like your analogy between said comestibles and the blue nitwits :lolol:)

Thank you HWT, I genuinely feel that I have " Made It " Lol !

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
You should read what the neighbour has been reported as saying. Firstly, nothing odd in recording, it's evidence in case there is future denial by one or other of the parties (let's be honest, it's not unheard of for victims of domestic violence not to press charges). Secondly, the neighbour stated that once the Police had attended and decided all was well, ie no complaint was being pursued, that's when they reported it to the Guardian (who don't pay for stories) as they thought it was in the public interest as this moron is trying to be the next PM!!!

So, not quite your story of calling the guardian right after notifying the Police.

I find it very odd that when you hear Johnson's supporters being interviewed, they seem capable of turning a blind eye to absolutely anything he does!!!

Are you any better, if you seriously believe that the neighbours thought of the public interest. They resorted to that when the Police decided no action was needed, as they knew that to give the recording to the Guardian would then be the only way of engulfing him with negative publicity because they don't like him. To be fair, had it been, say, Corbyn, then other papers leaning to the right would have had a field day too. It is a cheap way of getting at someone you don't like. And a thought -how many pious folk on here can in all honesty say that they have never had a blazing row with their partner, possibly/probably overheard by neighbours. And if you (not necessarily personally) are going to say, as a future PM, he should not be rowing like this, then I think it follows that very few folk would be PM. . .

D

Deleted member 22389

[/B]

Are you any better, if you seriously believe that the neighbours thought of the public interest. They resorted to that when the Police decided no action was needed, as they knew that to give the recording to the Guardian would then be the only way of engulfing him with negative publicity because they don't like him. To be fair, had it been, say, Corbyn, then other papers leaning to the right would have had a field day too. It is a cheap way of getting at someone you don't like. And a thought -how many pious folk on here can in all honesty say that they have never had a blazing row with their partner, possibly/probably overheard by neighbours. And if you (not necessarily personally) are going to say, as a future PM, he should not be rowing like this, then I think it follows that very few folk would be PM. . .

I agree.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
[/B]

Very few folk would want to be PM, and even fewer become PM. But those that want to, should be open to public scrutiny.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Tell us Watford how will remainers stop a hard brexit?

Ps....on second thoughts answer me on the BREXIT thread.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
[/B]They resorted to that when the Police decided no action was needed.

You don't know that.

All you know is that he had a blazing row so loud it could be recorded on a mobile next door (that's loud) and his neighbours are left wing and probably don't like his politics. I suspect Brexit is less of an issue for them.

It's been fascinating reading the defence of Boris and the attack on his neighbours. When did anyone ever give a s@@@ who gave the story to the press after s story like this.

If they had been Tories and given it to the Mail, the Mail would have run with it too. No newspaper would have turned it down.

The STORY is the police were called after three neighbours complained.

It looks like an argument after wine on a Sofa and his girlfriend did most the shouting, however it is well documented that Boris has a horrible temper behind the scenes and can flip in a moment.

He once sent an email to a journalist he didn't like telling to f@@@ off and die.

Appears to be a phrase he uses quite often:

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...hnson-filmed-swearing-taxi-driver-london-uber

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Taking back something we've never lost. Poor ppf.

If [MENTION=11191]Pretty pink fairy[/MENTION] is certain of October 31st then he should bet with me anyway. :shrug:

It's only me that's paying out.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
You don't know that.

All you know is that he had a blazing row so loud it could be recorded on a mobile next door (that's loud) and his neighbours are left wing and probably don't like his politics. I suspect Brexit is less of an issue for them.

It's been fascinating reading the defence of Boris and the attack on his neighbours. When did anyone ever give a s@@@ who gave the story to the press after s story like this.

If they had been Tories and given it to the Mail, the Mail would have run with it too. No newspaper would have turned it down.

The STORY is the police were called after three neighbours complained.

It looks like an argument after wine on a Sofa and his girlfriend did most the shouting, however it is well documented that Boris has a horrible temper behind the scenes and can flip in a moment.

He once sent an email to a journalist he didn't like telling to f@@@ off and die.

Appears to be a phrase he uses quite often:

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...hnson-filmed-swearing-taxi-driver-london-uber

Out of interest, why do you assume they are left wing? Is that purely because they voted remain?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Out of interest, why do you assume they are left wing? Is that purely because they voted remain?

I'm pretty confident that an experimental playwright living in Camberwell is left of centre. Politics has played a part in this, the ringing of the Guardian etc.. but I don't have a problem with it.

It's one more insight into the character and life of somebody who has dubious qualities to be Prime Minister.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
More leftist fake news

_107510393_the-times-24.jpg

_107510157_daily-express-24.jpg

_107510477_the-sun-front-page-24.06.jpg

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

:lol:
The Sun the previous day :
She and her husband recorded the domestic dispute going on in the neighbouring flat. Naturally, their concern was so great that they immediately gave the recording to the left-wing Guardian newspaper who then published the details.

That’s right, the same Guardian which spent years howling about tabloid press intrusion.

Imagine their hissy-fit if The Sun had published the very same material about Jeremy Corbyn? Still The Guardian is no stranger to hypocrisy if it spies a chance to blacken the name of a Tory.

The people who work for that 'paper' really are the scum of the earth. Their only problem with that story is they didn't have it.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
:lol:
The Sun the previous day :
She and her husband recorded the domestic dispute going on in the neighbouring flat. Naturally, their concern was so great that they immediately gave the recording to the left-wing Guardian newspaper who then published the details.

That’s right, the same Guardian which spent years howling about tabloid press intrusion.

Imagine their hissy-fit if The Sun had published the very same material about Jeremy Corbyn? Still The Guardian is no stranger to hypocrisy if it spies a chance to blacken the name of a Tory.

The people who work for that 'paper' really are the scum of the earth. Their only problem with that story is they didn't have it.

still eeking out the story as front page, 4 days later.

D

Deleted member 22389

Seems like people can't get on with their life. Next week Boris ???

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
But I thought you would have learnt by now, nothing else matters as long as we 'get on with it'

Hard Border in Northern Ireland ? It doesn't matter
Free access to all British Markets under WTO MFN ? It doesn't matter
Johnson for PM ? It doesn't matter
Economic recession ? It doesn't matter
Completely Open Border ? It doesn't matter
Trying to negotiate Trade deal with USA without getting totally shafted ? It doesn't matter
Jobs lost ? It doesn't matter

As long as we 'get on with it' :facepalm:

FFS - take Brexit to the Brexit thread.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Could we ever have imagined this sort of scenario with John and Norma Major or William Hague with Ffion ? It really is an incredible situation for the PM elect to find himself in, it makes us look like a banana republic.

Well f**k you Veggie, reading that post had me imagining Grey John with the Currie minter ! I thought after her sad demise I wouldn't have to ever picture her again !

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Why do the rank and file members get to chose the leader as they have no idea of what each does in the house? I that it should continue as in previous rounds

That's all very well BG except if reports are true that BJ had so many votes his supporters in the House could afford to back other runners in the race to eliminate the credible runners one by one until they got to this stage where we are left with a rock and a hard place for the rank and file to choose from, duplicitous, lying, cheating and some say racist c**t vs a c**t is what they are left to decide.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here