[Misc] Time to split the Big Board?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ffs not again.

This crops up every other month.

No.
It does allow me to post my favourite line, from a short lived City supporter, at the beginning of last season:-

'f*** me you lot will talk about anything except football'. :lol:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Madness

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
It’s been like this since the mid nineties and has always worked totally fine so why change? The only thing that I think would help is to get some of the Palace morons into a sub forum when they are being particularly special.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Stop being precious and just read what you want to read and if it’s not to you taste just take it with a pinch of salt ???

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The reason I introduced thread prefixes, was to enable people to have an "Albion only" view if that's what they wanted.

Just select Albion threads from the forum page.

Screenshot 2019-02-03 at 20.15.43.png

(* - the effectiveness of this depends on people using the prefixes correctly when creating threads)

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
No.

Have you been on other football forums? They are very boring. Long threads on the merits or otherwise of their left back or something. A lot less threads, less posters, less interest.

North Stand Chat is so much more than just a football forum. If you split off the non football stuff you are taking the heart out of it.

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
Depends on what it achieves, if it improves the user experience and if it changes the advertising model and helps sustain NSC:
- there are days where non-football posts out number football posts, for a user experience being able to go directly to the all football threads would be useful
- it could open up better advertising opportunities by having pure football threads pages
- the split, if it is a good idea, doesn't actually take anything away from NSC as the home page has all the threads
- it could simply be achieved by including a preferences option so users can either see both or have a split view (this can be easily done).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here