Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Small minority of idiots in our support today

BHAbright

Sep 19, 2016
Just been shown this thread and I am one of the boys in the photo you posted. Quite a lot of rubbish been posted too.
Firstly I get the rowdy/drunk behaviour and apologies if that has offended you and others. Result didn’t help��
I think it’s unfair to post a picture of a group of boys when not all the boys were involved, and some of the lightweights weren’t in that photo.
The spitting thing is ridiculous, none of us would deliberately spit on someone and none of us would condone that at all, your story has changed a few times on that one aswell (first your daughter, then all of you saw it) so it will be interesting to see what the CCTV shows and hope you can post that on here too.
The deliberate hitting on people’s head? I really don’t understand that someone just stands there hitting people’s head, I think that is either accidental or I just haven’t seen anyone doing it, especially when watching a football game.
At halftime you confronted my friend about something but wasn’t sure what about as wasn’t in the conversation but 2-3 of the lads have said you threatened him (which of course you left out in the original post) but if nothing changed a steward probably could have sorted it.
Hope the club does follow it up so we can see the evidence..

Seen a few other posts on this thread too where people have had run ins with our group, some are games that none of us went too (Liverpool- none of us have been punched) Half of the stuff on here we either haven’t been involved with or is just made up.

We are all Brighton fans we’ve been going for a long time so the posts about no loyalty is false. this is the first confrontation we’ve had and hopefully the new ticket system will mean you can be sat no where near us in the future. Looking forward to the follow up video of this alleged spit.

Would just like to apologise to the OP again and anyone around that may have been offended, however OP happy to talk sensibly to you about it as majority of us didn’t do anything wrong and don’t want to be blamed for it. We will make sure it doesn’t happen again and speak to the ones you think you had a problem with and that were possibly in the wrong

BHAbright

Sep 19, 2016
Just been shown this thread and I am one of the boys in the photo you posted. Quite a lot of rubbish been posted too.
Firstly I get the rowdy/drunk behaviour and apologies if that has offended you and others. Result didn’t help��
I think it’s unfair to post a picture of a group of boys when not all the boys were involved, and some of the lightweights weren’t in that photo.
The spitting thing is ridiculous, none of us would deliberately spit on someone and none of us would condone that at all, your story has changed a few times on that one aswell (first your daughter, then all of you saw it) so it will be interesting to see what the CCTV shows and hope you can post that on here too.
The deliberate hitting on people’s head? I really don’t understand that someone just stands there hitting people’s head, I think that is either accidental or I just haven’t seen anyone doing it, especially when watching a football game.
At halftime you confronted my friend about something but wasn’t sure what about as wasn’t in the conversation but 2-3 of the lads have said you threatened him (which of course you left out in the original post) but if nothing changed a steward probably could have sorted it.

Seen a few other posts on this thread too where people have had run ins with our group, some are games that none of us went too (Liverpool- none of us have been punched) Half of the stuff on here we either haven’t been involved with or is just made up.

We are all Brighton fans we’ve been going for a long time so the posts about no loyalty is false. this is the first confrontation we’ve had and hopefully the new ticket system will mean you can be sat no where near us in the future. Looking forward to the follow up video of this alleged spit.

Would like to apologise again to the OP and anyone around us that may have been offended. Happy to talk to the OP and resolve the situation as we do not all want to be associated with this when it was possibly a very small minority of people with us and not the whole group.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Small minority of idiots in our support today!

There always has been,Sadly always will be! There is a real knob in WSL behind me who shouts abuse every game at our players, opposition players,ref and linesman !

I'm in wsl and I have one of those behind me. just about level with the edge of the 18 yard box. south stand end. Bizarre shouting at people and clearly doesn't know the rules.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005

Would like to apologise again to the OP and anyone around us that may have been offended. Happy to talk to the OP and resolve the situation as we do not all want to be associated with this when it was possibly a very small minority of people with us and not the whole group.

Thanks for your post and apologies which I accept. It was hard to tell but I am sure you are right that it was only some of your group, not all of your group that was responsible for what I have reported. Hence why when I thought about it again I deleted the photos.

What tipped me into confronting your group at half time having suffered the head hitting (both myself and my wife) all through the first half was that my wife went to sit down at half time and one of your group had his foot in her seat so she couldn't put the seat down, she asked him 3 or 4 times to move but he just abused her. I then pushed him back and then we discussed his behaviour throughout the first half as well. Some of your group then decided to have a go at me and my wife and then my friend. I said quite clearly that I wasn't putting up with that kind of behaviour in the second half. If they have taken that as a threat, then so be it. Others on this thread have already said they would have hit them. I don't think that is the way to behave so I didn't.

To clarify the spitting, my daughter saw it, I felt some of it on the back of my head. I couldn't tell you if that was over exuberant shouting or deliberate spitting, but my daughter said one of your group deliberately spat down my back and my seat at one point. You can understand why I might take her word over that of a few drunken strangers, especially given I felt the wetness on the back of my head and neck. I really didn't want another confrontation during the second half so let it go. It really wasn't very comfortable for any of our group during the second half until your group had left.

I have reported it to the club because I personally don't think this sort of behaviour should go on. I love our football club and I am as passionate about it as I am sure you are. We all just want to have a good day out at away games and I would hate others to have to suffer what we had to. There is no need for it. If this incident allows you to talk to your group and all agree to be more respectful of others whilst still enjoying your day out then hopefully we will all have benefited from this long term.

Thank you for coming on here and explaining your position.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Embarrassing some of this thread.

No wonder we get targeted for being soft etc.

These threads are more typical that you might think elsewhere. On 'tough' BBS just a couple of years ago, there was a huge thread from non-youngsters who sit in the Holmesdale, fuming with the :lolol: Ultras for obsene language, push and shoving, a lack of manners on the conourse etc. They were referred to as little pricks.

There's a clash here, wider than your baseless stereotype of Brighton, of football watching becoming gentrified or simply catching up with the better behaviour of other sports watching, versus the old ways.

I'm not saying this as an older complainer. Within reason, I still love the chaos and mayhem when Albion score and promotion pitch invasions. I also think that the club were too heavy handed in bans and ejections in the early Amex years (Richard Hebberd's doing?), killing the NS atmosphere.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I think that Mods should allow this type debate as it is relevant to traveling fans, rather than put scorn on it. They turn a blind eye to much worse on some of the political threads, like avatars with terrorist slogans and openly support discredited dog racing.

Dunno about anybody else but I want to know more about this discredited dog racing. Barker OUT!

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
A thread about a group of ***** seems to have been appropriated by a group of *****.
What were the odds?

I think to [MENTION=12486]Husty[/MENTION] this must be c**tnip.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
See, at least with hoolies you can have a go back. I used to sit in front of two middle aged, upper class couples in Barbour jackets who spent the entire match just repeating "Seagulls" in a Fenton voice, with the occasional "Come on lads, come on boys ,thattaway" In the most annoyingly posh accent I have heard since my boarding school days. It was like being on Henman Hill or Murray's Clump or whatever its called. Cock all I could do about it though.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
See, at least with hoolies you can have a go back. I used to sit in front of two middle aged, upper class couples in Barbour jackets who spent the entire match just repeating "Seagulls" in a Fenton voice, with the occasional "Come on lads, come on boys ,thattaway" In the most annoyingly posh accent I have heard since my boarding school days. It was like being on Henman Hill or Murray's Clump or whatever its called. Cock all I could do about it though.

Indeed, the lady behind us continually shouting 'Stephens you're sh#t', whether he had the ball or not and ignoring the bollox the rest of the team were dishing up.

Each to their own I guess.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
One of them shouted "time" about three thousand times. Once was when Duffy had the ball and a forward was bearing down on him. I therefore concluded that he wasn't actually watching the match or did just want to know what the time was and no one was willing to tell him.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here