Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liam Moore

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Yes, it seems we are very actively looking at a number of alternatives with Reading FC pricing Moore out of a move - which is their absolute right to do.

Yes, they do, and I hope he throws his toys out of his pram, because that is what they deserve; an unhappy player causing squad discontent...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We need some transfer deadline excitement, hope this happens just beforehand!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
As l understood it, he left partly because we didn't have a proper stadium to play at, the Amex not even being on the horizon at the time, and because of the lack of adequate training facilities.

Otherwise as you say, he would have stayed. One of the best managers we have ever had in my opinion, and is a sad loss to the game.

I know someone who would tell you that Coppell did leave because Dick Knight asked him to. We were desperate for money at the time, and the compensation paid bills.
This was before Tony Bloom started putting money into the club.

So they exploited our then weak bargaining position? Okay, you’re correct, they are a fantastic club! [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of course they exploited our weak bargaining position, that's the way negotiations work. Get real!

In the same way we exploited Deportivo's weak bargaining position when we bought Andone.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I know someone who would tell you that Coppell did leave because Dick Knight asked him to. We were desperate for money at the time, and the compensation paid bills.
This was before Tony Bloom started putting money into the club.
Yes, didn't we need the money for the stadium enquiry ? - and regrettable that it was to lose Coppell, the necessary choice was made.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You know we are talking about Tinpot FC who frequently stole our players and even our manager. Your view is both naive and misguided...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which of our players did they steal? Ingimarsson was on loan from Wolves, and as we got relegated to League 1, didn't want to drop down, and Sidwell was on loan from Arsenal.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yes, didn't we need the money for the stadium enquiry ? - and regrettable that it was to lose Coppell, the necessary choice was made.

I remember DK saying that planning lawyers charged more per hour than Premier League footballers.

theroyal

May 11, 2014
I don't think you guys have tapped him up. Your interest allegedly ended well before Moore decided to hand in a transfer request. Moore has previous with this sort of thing, he kicked up a huge fuss when he was warming the bench at Leicester to try and force a move somewhere to get regular first team football.

This leads me to believe that he's not going to be happy going back to the Premier League just to warm the bench again. There's some talk Rangers are snooping around him

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008
Yes, it seems we are very actively looking at a number of alternatives with Reading FC pricing Moore out of a move - which is their absolute right to do.

You're quite correct - they have every right to do that. It's not our style to pay over-inflated prices for players, so it looks like we'll move on to other options. Even if Moore turns out to be 'the one that got away', we've still had a wonderful window and brought in a number of tremendous signings.

Reading are taking one hell of a risk here though. They could end up with a very disgruntled player who has had his head turned. By all accounts, he played the same cards to push through his move to Reading from Leicester. That said, I'll have no respect for the player if he 'pulls a Bridcutt' and refuses to play because his "head isn't in the right place".

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I don't think you guys have tapped him up. Your interest allegedly ended well before Moore decided to hand in a transfer request. Moore has previous with this sort of thing, he kicked up a huge fuss when he was warming the bench at Leicester to try and force a move somewhere to get regular first team football.

This leads me to believe that he's not going to be happy going back to the Premier League just to warm the bench again. There's some talk Rangers are snooping around him

He would be better off staying at Reading than going to Rangers in my opinion.

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008

You raise a very interesting point here, but I would have thought we would have gauged his interest before pursuing a bid.

However, if we're balking at the price Reading have suggested, there is no way that Rangers will stump up the £15 million quoted. Rumours are that their financial position is such that they would struggle to raise a third of that.

Last edited:

theroyal

May 11, 2014
Yeah, I can't see them affording him.

I do think we will accept anything north of £10m+ now that he has handed in a transfer request, maybe even something like £8m rising with add ons.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You're quite correct - they have every right to do that. It's not our style to pay over-inflated prices for players, so it looks like we'll move on to other options. Even if Moore turns out to be 'the one that got away', we've still had a wonderful window and brought in a number of tremendous signings.

Reading are taking one hell of a risk here though. They could end up with a very disgruntled player who has had his head turned. By all accounts, he played the same cards to push through his move to Reading from Leicester. That said, I'll have no respect for the player if he 'pulls a Bridcutt' and refuses to play because his "head isn't in the right place".

Unlike Duffy, who played but made sure Blackburn lost by scoring own goals and getting a red card.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

You won't get £5m from Rangers.. They are Aldi and Lidl shoppers at the moment - We are the Waitrose and M & S Shoppers these days

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008
Yeah, I can't see them affording him.

I do think we will accept anything north of £10m+ now that he has handed in a transfer request, maybe even something like £8m rising with add ons.

That's interesting. I think our last offer was somewhere in that area. I wonder if the offer is still on the table. How would you feel about losing him, [MENTION=29434]theroyal[/MENTION]?

By the way, you've made a very shrewd signing in Baldock. His goals-to-games ratio may not be particularly impressive, but what he brings to the team is invaluable. He pulls defences apart and makes space for many of his team-mates. You'll really like him.

theroyal

May 11, 2014
That's interesting. I think our last offer was somewhere in that area. I wonder if the offer is still on the table. How would you feel about losing him, [MENTION=29434]theroyal[/MENTION]?

By the way, you've made a very shrewd signing in Baldock. His goals-to-games ratio may not be particularly impressive, but what he brings to the team is invaluable. He pulls defences apart and makes space for many of his team-mates. You'll really like him.

I've been prepared for us to lose him since the end of last season. He's far too good for a struggling Championship side, and if he doesn't want to be here then we should entertain offers. It's a curious one though. He's handed in a transfer request but from what I gather, there's no current offers on the table, and Clement is hopeful that he'll stay. I wonder if Moore has left it too late in the window.

As for Baldock, yeah, I'm looking forward to seeing him. If we play a front two then I think he will work really well with Bodvarsson.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here