Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Bloody Students

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Currently in Mandalay, Myanmar and no alcohol of any description has been sold throughout the city for the last three days, am gasping, doesn't matter who you are, foreigner or local, all bars and outlets closed, reason given is that it is it is for the three day duration of the students finishing their metriculation exams. Taxi driver says that anyone found selling alcohol will have their license taken away.

Can you imagine the pubs, bars, off licenses and supermarkets closed for three days in Brighton cos the local student population were finishing their A-levels. Absolutely outrageous.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Good work. This is way more imaginative than the usual “which bar in blah blah is showing the game look at me I’m abroad” threads.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Most of the stuff online seems to suggest sales are banned after 9pm rather than altogether? Are you sure you're not just going out too late?!

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Good work. This is way more imaginative than the usual “which bar in blah blah is showing the game look at me I’m abroad” threads.

It's nothing for me HT, I'm always away, nature of the job. If truth be told, I'm gagging to get home, hope the Cardiff game is rearraged for end of April :thumbsup:

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2013
Downunder
It's nothing for me HT, I'm always away, nature of the job. If truth be told, I'm gagging to get home, hope the Cardiff game is rearraged for end of April :thumbsup:

Are you allowed to tell us what you do? It sounds exciting! A bit James Bondsy maybe?

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham

sorry-were-closed.gif :shrug:

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Still sounds like a good job, travelling and taking photos.

Money isn’t everything:shrug:
[MENTION=27519]Petunia[/MENTION] is spot on, money isn't everything, can't imagine doing anything else, Mrs Shingle has a different view though.

Depends how smashed I get tonight (its 7pm over here) I'll post a few pics.

Love and respect to all NSC ers as always,

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
This is Mr Ukon Dala, he lives alone in a monastery with his 3 cats. He loves it when foreigners visit him, he's very lonely, but he does keep banging on about Ovaltine, he loves it. Lovely chap, spent an hour chatting to him

pic 2.jpg

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
[MENTION=27519]Petunia[/MENTION] is spot on, money isn't everything, can't imagine doing anything else, Mrs Shingle has a different view though.

Depends how smashed I get tonight (its 7pm over here) I'll post a few pics.

Love and respect to all NSC ers as always,

How do you go about getting a job like this? Asking as my son is it exactly the job my son wants in a few years.
Any tips for him welcome!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here