Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Paul Hayward Article in Telegraph

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I hope those players that need culling are gone shortly as well. Bloom is a dickhead to my mind, but whilst he's being a dickhead he best do it properly....its only his own money he's going to have to waste to sort this mess out now.....Curious that Hayward thinks the suggestion of people not renewing would affect CH's position, how long is the ST waiting list?

“Bloom is a dickhead”

Do you really mean that? You might not agree with the decision but I think that’s a bit silly....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I hope those players that need culling are gone shortly as well. Bloom is being a dickhead today to my mind, but whilst he's being a dickhead he best do it properly....its only his own money he's going to have to waste to sort this mess out now.....Curious that Hayward thinks the suggestion of people not renewing would affect CH's position, how long is the ST waiting list?

Fücking hell

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It always seemed like all attacking players were selected for their defensive qualities and discipline (eg willingness to track back). And new players weren't trusted for ages...

My big complaint all season, soul destroying for attacking players I would imagine. You get picked on your defensive qualities although you were sold the club as a place to display your talents as a striker/winger

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I hope those players that need culling are gone shortly as well. Bloom is being a dickhead today to my mind, but whilst he's being a dickhead he best do it properly....its only his own money he's going to have to waste to sort this mess out now.....Curious that Hayward thinks the suggestion of people not renewing would affect CH's position, how long is the ST waiting list?

Have a word with your other half, I don’t think you and him are singing from the same hymn sheet :lolol:

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Okay so Glenn loves him for the fact he was in his pocket.

Dunky and Duffy have been fortunate to look like heros week in week out because of the amount of pressure the defence has been under they couldn't lose really.

Ps I love D and D but don't like seeing them surrounded by 7 other Albion bodies all match.

Blimey Mouldy, that's some vendetta against our top scorer, I hope for your sake that they're not thinking of making Muzza the new manager, I think you would explode.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Does this suggest that he lost the dressing room?

The article doesn't allude to that at all.
It pretty much squarely puts the blame on the players for the mess we got in. It exonerates CH, to a much greater extent than even the biggest licker on this board would.

In short Paul Hayward thinks this is a massive mistake.

D

Deleted member 2719

Blimey Mouldy, that's some vendetta against our top scorer, I hope for your sake that they're not thinking of making Muzza the new manager, I think you would explode.

BANG!

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
It pretty much squarely puts the blame on the players for the mess we got in. It exonerates CH, to a much greater extent than even the biggest licker on this board would.

That's how I read it too, which is different from the Nick Ames article in The Guardian. Hayward seems really bitter about it, and it demonstrates the level of regard he holds for CH.

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire

I tend to agree with him. Not only a massive mistake, but also a massive PR disaster that leaves a very nasty smell around the place. To convince me that this was a good decision, I would need to have it explained to me:-

a) who was ultimately responsible for recruitment - was CH towing the party line when he said he was ok with his squad on Jan 31 ?,
b) why this was announced less than a day after the charade of the parade around the pitch,
c) how long ago it was decided that CH had to go (Bloom sitting down last night and deciding on this course of action just doesn't ring true)

Maybe in 12 months time, I might be thinking what a great idea it was - but, somehow, I doubt it. Bloom now has to put (more of) his money where his mouth is !

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I tend to agree with him. Not only a massive mistake, but also a massive PR disaster that leaves a very nasty smell around the place. To convince me that this was a good decision, I would need to have it explained to me:-

a) who was ultimately responsible for recruitment - was CH towing the party line when he said he was ok with his squad on Jan 31 ?,
b) why this was announced less than a day after the charade of the parade around the pitch,
c) how long ago it was decided that CH had to go (Bloom sitting down last night and deciding on this course of action just doesn't ring true)

Maybe in 12 months time, I might be thinking what a great idea it was - but, somehow, I doubt it. Bloom now has to put (more of) his money where his mouth is !

Agreed! My concern is we'll crash before we fly again...Will we be able to build a squad from virtually nothing to stay up?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It always seemed like all attacking players were selected for their defensive qualities and discipline (eg willingness to track back). And new players weren't trusted for ages...

If you think about Flozza, Jurgs and Ali J as being attacking players, who have spent months being made 'Hughton ready' by learning to track back, look to make a sidewaus pass, and largely forget about attacking, you might begin to get the sense they might look a bit shit and feel a bit shit. Apologies for aftertiming but I always felt these 3 were good, could be good and should be good....

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
This is basically an emotive blog rather than journalism.
The word around Hughton’s coaching team was that Glenn Murray, Dunk and Duffy were the three players most responsible for keeping Brighton up.
What does that even mean?

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol

It might be useful for a further statement to be made backing the recruitment team and supporting the players who've struggled.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Sadly reads as an article written with an agenda.

Obviously has contacts/friends within the club but whether the info he is given is balanced who knows.

I’d certainly say from the experience as a fan this season the guardian article seems much more how I’ve viewed things.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here