Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Local Council Elections

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Delusional deputy leader of the Lib Dems being interviewed outside Westminster. Of COURSE the big gains are due to their policies and their sterling work in the community. Nothing at all to do with giving the Tories and Labour a good Brexit-related kicking :rolleyes:

At least they have a clear position, what you see is what you get versus Labour ambiguity and Tory internal civil war

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Another 2 Tory losses in Bexhill for Rother, this time to the Greens and an independent. 6 down.

D

Deleted member 22389

There was a weird card in Peacehaven, considering we now have an ultra-left MP. Only one candidate for 6 seats on the Town Council. I had to vote LD/Lab/Indy and only used 4 "x"s.. Mr Robertson did not count.

What do you think of the new housing development going up in Peacehaven?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
These seem 'above average' ?

9803078.jpg

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
2:34pm
Rumours are circulating at the count that Conservative leader Tony Janio may not have enough votes to hold onto his seat.

Sources say the Queens Park vote is very close between Labour and Green, but Labour have taken Preston Park by a large margin.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Theresa May is saying the results are proof the nation wants Parliament to get on with delivering Brexit. Yet even in the massive Tory heartlands of Surrey they are losing seats to Lib Dems. I'm not sure how she equates that to anything other than "if we keep going as we are we'll never be elected anywhere ever again". McDonnell has now at least backtracked on his earlier assertion saying similar to May so maybe Labour are starting to see a little bit of reality creeping in.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Theresa May is saying the results are proof the nation wants Parliament to get on with delivering Brexit. Yet even in the massive Tory heartlands of Surrey they are losing seats to Lib Dems. I'm not sure how she equates that to anything other than "if we keep going as we are we'll never be elected anywhere ever again". McDonnell has now at least backtracked on his earlier assertion saying similar to May so maybe Labour are starting to see a little bit of reality creeping in.

This guy obviously didn't get the official brief which went out this morning.

[tweet]1124141275538644993[/tweet]

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Yet again our electoral system has failed to tell the political class what it needs to hear, while we have a three party dominated system this will always be the case, where they can claim victory through defeat, spoiled papers do not send any message other than one of apathy, the sort of Capitalism that had worked well is busted needs sweeping away and to be replaced by something new, I am starting to think citizen assembly's is the way with government only there to check if the assembly decisions are legal and if they are to then act upon the will of the people, let's really take back control.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
First B&H results in. In an absolutely MASSIVE shock :lol: both Tories are returned in Hove Park.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Hove Park ward results Samer Bagaeen (Conservative) and Vanessa Brown (Conservative) have been elected as councillors for the Hove Park ward.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing

I really agree how Mrs May can interprete the results as she has is a perfect example of British Politics being broken beyond repair, I would like to see all political parties to become think tanks and that they then put policy ideas to a citizen assembly and only if it was passed with their approval should it be passed to Parliment to act upon and all politicians within parliament should not belong to political parties but act as indipendants ie no whipped voting

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I have recently written to the prospective parliamentary candidates for my Westminster seat asking that they tell me their personal view upon the issue of Brexit the few answers I received back were either repeating the party line or they choose to not bother to reply

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
BBC predicted national share of the vote: Con: 28% (-7) Lab: 28% (-7) Lib Dem: 19% (+3) Other: 25%

How is that possible for the Labour Party??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here