Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Burnley *** Official Match Thread ***

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
What the actual **** is going on with that back four?!

I was aware that Potter did the unexpected but...

A back four made up of four centre backs with the two best actual full backs not in the squad and the back up left back on the bench. It's a head scratcher for sure, interesting to see how it plays out.

And I've just noticed the bench in all it's glory. Three U-23's, four midfielders including a (welcome if unexpeted) return for Bissouma.

I genuinely have no idea what the thinking/plan could possibly be with that 18. It's really going to be fascinating to see what we do. Hopefully it'll invilve smashing Burnley.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Good morning from a hot and sweaty Cuba..
3 points please ....our seats in ESU will be empty as they didn’t sell.

However down the local market here BHA have made the big time as the crest can be bought on any amount of leather goods...
Good thing was they didn’t have any Man Utd !

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Lol....guessing our starting eleven under GP is a tad hard
This is how it's done
927f10b30919e2f54daded93544331b4.jpg

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
And no pace in midfield.

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Do we need it against Burnley?

We’ve got the better central midfielders (with another 4 on the bench). I assume they’ll sit back, defend resolutely and pump long balls to Wood/Barnes on the break. I’d be surprised if we’ll see any Brighton break unless we score early forcing them to push forward.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
What the actual **** is going on with that back four?!

I was aware that Potter did the unexpected but...

A back four made up of four centre backs with the two best actual full backs not in the squad and the back up left back on the bench. It's a head scratcher for sure, interesting to see how it plays out.

Think the switch is Webster for Montoya. So, back three with March and Webster in the wing back roles. Maybe.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Brighton & Hove Albion vs Burnley *** Official Match Thread ***

Think the switch is Webster for Montoya. So, back three with March and Webster in the wing back roles. Maybe.

Has to be. Otherwise it’s the most defensive Albion team since Adams mk2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo

That would make sense but the club website has it down as a back four. Which would presumably put Webster right back and Burn left back.

If Hughton had done this I'd be aghast but it's still the honeymoon period for Potter and we know he likes to mix things up so I'm just going to go with it today.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here