Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
It was only 3 years wasted because of the unmovable remainer MPs and had they followed their constituents vote in the referendum, rather than their own personal wishes, it would have been sorted long ago.

Yeah, like the disgraceful Soames.

Oh, he did vote to leave the EU three times during the past 3-years.

Oh, Mid-Sussex voted to remain.

:shootself

Jan 30, 2008
It seems a fair few UK Companies are, by investing Millions in Europe so they have factories in the EU so they can still trade hassle free. Millions that COULD'VE been invested here if it wasn't for Brexit. :dunce:

On another little financial side note. Since the referendum result, the UK has lost more money on GPD due to the fall in £ Sterling, than we have paid in total to the EU.

Only a few , sounds about right # believe in Britain

Regards
DF

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
It was only 3 years wasted because of the unmovable remainer MPs and had they followed their constituents vote in the referendum, rather than their own personal wishes, it would have been sorted long ago.

ERG and DUP are remainers?

I think that somebody predicted in the first 10 pages of the thread that if it goes wrong, the leavers would blame everybody but themselves.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

Why say something demonstrably false?

https://ig.ft.com/brexit-exit-deal-vote/

On that against side are a number of Leave voting MPs. It's there in black and white :shrug:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Wrong. Lewes was Remain and Maria Caulfield is a member of the ERG voting against Theresa May twice before finally voting for the third vote.
MPs are not delegates who have to vote for what their constituents voted for, as your own MP Sir Nicholas Soames proves. Your constituency was Remain, but Nicholas voted with the government each time.

Come on, you're pointing out the massive holes in a argument laid down by BG.
The same BG you insist is the biggest WUM on here.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
So hands up who thinks Boris - with a team of four people - is likely to negotiate a radically different Withdrawal Agreement to the one May's team - made up of a lot more than four people - took 2 years to do.

In a month.

- although Boris tried to have even LESS time by lying to the Queen about prorogation.

:facepalm:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

Give me strength.
I'm not going to say it, but do you see what I mean.
They deserve all the abuse they get.
And there are millions of them.
2nd referendum must be called.

Jan 30, 2008
So hands up who thinks Boris - with a team of four people - is likely to negotiate a radically different Withdrawal Agreement to the one May's team - made up of a lot more than four people - took 2 years to do.

In a month.

- although Boris tried to have even LESS time by lying to the Queen about prorogation.

To be fair most peope have given up on a deal and just want it sorted if that's no deal by default so be it , no more time wasting ,stalling GET READY FOR BREXIT
Regards
DF

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
When I said as per their constituents that was slightly misleading I didn t mean Sir Nicholas should have voted remain as Mid Sussex I meant they should have voted with the government to leave as per the referendum result and done everything to ensure that.

Jan 30, 2008
Give me strength.
I'm not going to say it, but do you see what I mean.
They deserve all the abuse they get.
And there are millions of them.
2nd referendum must be called.

No you give your head a wobble BG is correct MP's acting on agendas but hey dont worry their constituents will kick them out , reap what you sow
regards
DT

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Come on, you're pointing out the massive holes in a argument laid down by BG.
The same BG you insist is the biggest WUM on here.

I know. Sometimes I should resist the temptation to respond.

Anyway, a woman in Doncaster (outside of the M25 ppf) told Johnson, he had a cheek to come here, after people have died from austerity. We are going to leave the EU and it's going to be alright? It's just a fairytale.

ttps://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-news-latest-woman-brexit-video-austerity-doncaster-cheek-visit-public-a9103906.html

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No you give your head a wobble BG is correct MP's acting on agendas but hey dont worry their constituents will kick them out , reap what you sow
regards
DT
Even you've got to be laughing at that one?

Chapeau

Regards
SB

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
When I said as per their constituents that was slightly misleading I didn t mean Sir Nicholas should have voted remain as Mid Sussex I meant they should have voted with the government to leave as per the referendum result and done everything to ensure that.

They should have voted for May's deal even if they thought it was bad for the country? ???

Granny on the wing

Sep 7, 2019
ERG and DUP are remainers?

I think that somebody predicted in the first 10 pages of the thread that if it goes wrong, the leavers would blame everybody but themselves.

Not that quite straight forward ,if on Theresa May`s second deal the 75 ERG etc had voted for her deal it gets down to 317 for 316 against so it would still have got through ,but Dominic Grieve a Remain MP voted against because he wanted second Referendum. He said after the vote TM`s deal is now finished ,so it was a REMAIN MP that made the difference

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

I see. So what you meant was, "those MPs representing constituencies,who voted for MY preferred outcome, should have voted in line with their constituents views, but those whose constituents voted against what I wanted, should have ignored them"?

Seems fair enough.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
And that's what he did. 3 votes for leaving the EU.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I see. So what you meant was, "those MPs representing constituencies,who voted for MY preferred outcome, should have voted in line with their constituents views, but those whose constituents voted against what I wanted, should have ignored them"?

Seems fair enough.

17.4 million BensGrandad’s all misunderstanding everything. All with a vote.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here