Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
If leave voters are so damned certain that Brexit, even a No Deal Brexit is acceptably democratic, suitably honouring the referendum result, the right thing for our country and in the best interests of U.K. citizens, why are they on here day in day out defending it?
Any leave voter confident in their decision wouldn’t feel the need to come on here and defend it against the inane rantings of remoaning loons, Shirley?

Hmmmmmmm

I think you're reading too much into it. I'm perfectly confident in my decision and would make the same one again. It's just amusing watching remainers come up with loads of reasons not to leave that should have been in the remain campaign as they realise they could probably have won had they bothered to campaign on the positives of staying in rather than the negatives of leaving. It gets even more amusing the closer we get to leaving.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
1. Johnson and pals tell the EU that the old deal is dead because Parliament has rejected it..

2. Johnson and pals steam ahead with a no deal even though Parliament has rejected it.

Question.

If Parliament rejected no-deal and a deal. What is the alternative?

It wouldn't happen to be no-Brexit would it?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
The current crisis in a nutshell:

EB2R0OsXoAETu2H.png

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
So he is expected to somehow have got these promises written into law already?

Notwithstanding the fact that it usually takes months/years to get a new law enacted, starting from the drafting then early Bill reading stages, there is the small matter of Parliamentary recess, with the House of Commons not due back until September.

If you read some credible newspapers, you would know this.

Yes, it does take time to pass a well thought through Act. How much time have we got? If there is no legal right of work or residence for EU citizens, employers and landlords would be breaking the law by employing or housing them.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
... loads of reasons not to leave that should have been in the remain campaign as they realise they could probably have won had they bothered to campaign on the positives of staying in rather than the negatives of leaving.

So, what you are effectively claiming, is that armed with the proper information, the nation would vote to remain.

Interesting

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
So, what you are effectively claiming, is that armed with the proper information, the nation would vote to remain.

Interesting

I, and I suspect plenty of other people, didn't expect leave to win. Problem being is that remain ran an awful campaign full of negatives and scaremongering. I still support leaving. In the same way, I don't expect us to beat Man City this season but you never know, maybe they'll use the wrong tactics and Murray will sneak a goal with his penis.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I think you're reading too much into it. I'm perfectly confident in my decision and would make the same one again. It's just amusing watching remainers come up with loads of reasons not to leave that should have been in the remain campaign as they realise they could probably have won had they bothered to campaign on the positives of staying in rather than the negatives of leaving. It gets even more amusing the closer we get to leaving.

Or Remain could have won if leavers had bothered to check the facts. I agree the remain campaign was shite.

dandanthebrightonfan

Jan 29, 2012
BN14
The thread to end all threads 9335 pages and counting, so I was thinking how long until it hits the 10,000 page mark? for me the way it's going I fancy it will get there before Boris drops us through the trap door at the end of October.

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016

Would you vote for no deal?

And do you believe no deal would win v remain in a straight shoot off?

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016
Yes, it does take time to pass a well thought through Act. How much time have we got? If there is no legal right of work or residence for EU citizens, employers and landlords would be breaking the law by employing or housing them.

Lady seagull won't even acknowledge that Johnson has refused to pledge legal rights to EU citizens.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
It's worrying that 7% of MPs couldn't answer the question - I thought they were meant to be more intelligent than us plebs ?

Whatever way you voted, the last 3 years has surely revealed to you that there are some proper idiots in the house of commons, I offer Chris Grayling and David Davis as clear evidence for a lack of intellect being no barrier to a political career.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
The thread to end all threads 9335 pages and counting, so I was thinking how long until it hits the 10,000 page mark? for me the way it's going I fancy it will get there before Boris drops us through the trap door at the end of October.

Brexit will be being argued over for a good few years yet.

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
Not if the pledge to allow certain non-UK born citizens to stay, grants certain rights to them, which it would have to.

Why are people so alarmist about doomsday approaching?!

''people will die''

No, they won't, not any more than would have done.

''people won't be able to stay here and work & live''.

No, that won't happen either.

''we won't be able to trade''.

We certainly will. Boris may be lots of things but he's not stupid and the Country will definitely be able to trade.

''the sky will fall in''.

Nope.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I, and I suspect plenty of other people, didn't expect leave to win. Problem being is that remain ran an awful campaign full of negatives and scaremongering. I still support leaving. In the same way, I don't expect us to beat Man City this season but you never know, maybe they'll use the wrong tactics and Murray will sneak a goal with his penis.

This is a little more important than the result of a football match, though.

Again - what you seem to be admitting, is that we are planning to leave the EU, not because on the basis of the true facts, a majority consider it beneficial to do so, but simply because of a poor campaign / misinformation.

If so, I agree with you completely.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
What do Leavers think of removing the rights of UK residents to live, study and travel as freely around the EU as we do now?

Seriously.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Would you vote for no deal?

And do you believe no deal would win v remain in a straight shoot off?

If the choice was remain or no deal then I'd vote no deal. I'd prefer a deal though, but a good one not the shit May came up with.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
What do Leavers think of removing the rights of UK residents to live, study and travel as freely around the EU as we do now?

Seriously.

They don't care about any minor details like that.

So long as they are seen to 'win'.

Seriously

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Whatever way you voted, the last 3 years has surely revealed to you that there are some proper idiots in the house of commons, I offer Chris Grayling and David Davis as clear evidence for a lack of intellect being no barrier to a political career.

A good and fair point well made !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here