Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Watford vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
That starting line up certainly is forward thinking and innovative well done Potter, reaches for prayer book. #Hughton :thumbsup:

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Not sure what Trossard's done wrong but otherwise unsurprised at that line up. Maupay and Mooy haven't had enough time with the squad, the innovation of March at LWB looks to have continued, Locadia given a chance in the spot where he's been impressing and Jahanbahksh nowhere near the 18. Experienced PL players who have done the whole pre-season starting.

Fully expect Maupay to start sooner rather than later and for Mooy to operate on a "horses for courses" basis.

As others have said, though, the big issue here is lack of pace. We have absolutely none in that side.

Aside from Solly, Bernardo, Maupay and Trossard, (only one of which is playing) there is no pace in the club.
Mooy, Propper and Stephens will, at some point this season, be the slowest central midfield three I've ever seen.

Yet everyone seemed so happy with the transfer window. Can't have it both ways.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Mojo has just dropped from 10 to a 6. I really hoped that we would try something a little different

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Looking at that XI, we might as well get allardyce in now, and be done with it.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Aside from Solly, Bernardo, Maupay and Trossard, (only one of which is playing) there is no pace in the club. Yet everyone seemed so happy with the transfer window. Can't have it both ways.

TWO of those four came in during this window, Andone is plenty quick enough and Mooy was brought in for speed of thought and pass. I've not seen Webster but I'll bet a few pints on him being qucker than Duffy.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Also worth noting that Jahanbakhsh was pictured with the team on the pitch before the game - he must have been the odd man out today. Not exactly totally out of the picture - but work to be done to put himself into the team and to be fair, rightly so. Nobody should be guaranteed a place.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
TWO of those four came in during this window, Andone is plenty quick enough and Mooy was brought in for speed of thought and pass. I've not seen Webster but I'll bet a few pints on him being qucker than Duffy.

Yes. But one lost his place in that time too so we're only a net +10% pace.
Still far slower than most top division clubs (though possibly not Watford)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Aside from Solly, Bernardo, Maupay and Trossard, (only one of which is playing) there is no pace in the club.
Locadia has reasonable pace doesn't he?

D

Deleted member 2719

Absolutely, wow, it’s like the transfer window never happened.

Potter has to be showing his existing players respect, he wants competition and now he should have it with that bench, he has got them fit and they have learnt the system, it's up to 'the originals' to grab the shirt and show us what they really have in the tank.

Also, the new boys will need to see what he wants from them.

Can't wait.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Mooy, Propper and Stephens will, at some point this season, be the slowest central midfield three I've ever seen.

Yet everyone seemed so happy with the transfer window. Can't have it both ways.

I said at the time i was disappointed with the Mooy signing. Many on here were pleased though. Midfield will be our downfall this season. Simply not good enough

15th 1st season
17th 2nd season

Downhill spiral and yet that midfield hasn't changed. This is my major concern.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
We’re breaking more records. The most expensive bench in our history .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here