Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Macclesfield Town & Steve Gritt.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
"Gritt beleives Belotti bullshit"

(as graffitied by my ex-father-in-law)

I've got a photo of that somewhere. If I can find it, I'll post it on here.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
My memory is that it was believes that was misspelled, as I typed above.

I could be wrong though - my memory is also bullshit.

Here is the proof.

Attachments

• IMG_20190822_0001.jpg
    IMG_20190822_0001.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 277

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Please please please can we draw them in a cup this season. Would love to see thirty thousand singing that song again!

That was my first thought but having recently spoken to a season ticket holder that wasn't aware that we'd ever played at Gillingham I have a feeling it would fall rather flat with about 500 of us getting over excited and everyone else wondering who the bald fella on the pitch was.

I remember going to Orient soon after Robbie Reinelt signed for them and he was warming up in front of us looking embarrassed as he was given an absolute heroes welcome every time he ran up the touchline, one of the highlights of the season (slim pickings that year to be fair).

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
Please please please can we draw them in a cup this season. Would love to see thirty thousand singing that song again!

The Macc lads are away to Crawley on April 18th next year, clashes with Liverpool at home for us. There's a reasonable chance our game will be moved, so I might make a trip 'up north' if it does

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
What he had to put with behind the scenes it doesn't come any better than that. Was Greg Stanley involved ?

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
God this thread takes me back. An impressionable yoof at the time and wasnt really aware of what we were all caught up in until looking back on it with the benefit of hindsight and a little more life experience.

Was doing some work on the Times Rich list for work today and had to explain why I got irrationally annoyed at number 765= one Bill Archer still listed at £125m. A despicable human being.

Thank god for the shinging light [off the top of his bald bonce] that was Steve Gritt. Thanks Steve and go well at The Moss Rose.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here