Living In a Box
Cannot see him being there very long given results

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Stoke are in free fall. Sadly cannot see Nathan lasting but I also cannot see them replacing him with anyone that can turn it around. They are not one thing nor another. Not physical later day Wimbledon nor modern ball playing attackers. Jonesy seems to have been abandoned by his team given Butland’s capitulation. A clean break needed by both parties IMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
How do these bods know his salary?...i mean i only know you are on a million a year because you told me :whistle:

In the same way that we’re told salaries of Brighton’s most highly paid players, or for Ozil, Messi or Alexis Sanchez. Leaks, benchmarking, people in the sport discussing their pay with peers, and good old fashioned tabloid lying.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Time for Chris to step in and stedy the ship at Stoke?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Time for Chris to step in and stedy the ship at Stoke?

Good job for him imo. Feel for Nathan - wrong career move so it turns out. How can a manager do so well and lay such great foundations then struggle at a club with much more resources. Strange game!

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
How do these bods know his salary?...i mean i only know you are on a million a year because you told me :whistle:
What a load of old nonsense. Your post is a valid one. The post you replied to definitely isn't. Pep Guardiola wouldn't be able to command a £6m pay off never mind Nathan Jones

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
What a load of old nonsense. Your post is a valid one. The post you replied to definitely isn't. Pep Guardiola wouldn't be able to command a £6m pay off never mind Nathan Jones

Any employee sacked mid fixed term contract, is paid up all the remuneration that would’ve been paid to the end of the contract, under rights conferred by employment law. Exceptions being termination by gross misconduct or by mutual consent. Everton adopt a different approach of paying monthly compensation matching the contract pay that would’ve been paid to Koeman.

On that legal basis:
Man Utd paid £19.6m in compensation to Mourinho and his assistants.
Allardyce has picked up £15m.
Chelsea have paid £93m to various sacked managers under Abram.

Sauce: Companies House & The Independent.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Good job for him imo. Feel for Nathan - wrong career move so it turns out. How can a manager do so well and lay such great foundations then struggle at a club with much more resources. Strange game!

When he went there I posted on here that it was the wrong move for him and was told that I was talking rubbish. I stand by what I said then, he was moving to a club with a lot of over-paid players with an unrealistic fanbase and a trigger happy board. He'd have been far better off getting another promotion on his CV and moving to a more stable club.

He may, of course, still turn things around, but I wouldn't bet on it

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Any employee sacked mid fixed term contract, is paid up all the remuneration that would’ve been paid to the end of the contract, under rights conferred by employment law. Exceptions being termination by gross misconduct or by mutual consent. Everton adopt a different approach of paying monthly compensation matching the contract pay that would’ve been paid to Koeman.

On that legal basis:
Man Utd paid £19.6m in compensation to Mourinho and his assistants.
Allardyce has picked up £15m.
Chelsea have paid £93m to various sacked managers under Abram.

Sauce: Companies House & The Independent.

Rubbish - Max you can attain without going to Court is £70K (Unless it is Race Related) in the EU - And I don't remember Jose Mourhino going to Court so any Termination payment will have a been pre-determined agreement. So you are basing your assertation on newspaper reports.

Last edited:

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
When he went there I posted on here that it was the wrong move for him and was told that I was talking rubbish. I stand by what I said then, he was moving to a club with a lot of over-paid players with an unrealistic fanbase and a trigger happy board. He'd have been far better off getting another promotion on his CV and moving to a more stable club.

I always suspect that there are more suits like a technical director/head of recruitment/director of football etc at a club like Stoke, with large salaries to justify and egos to negotiate. At Luton it may well have been that he was the head honcho.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Only if agreed internally. Not by Legislation. Absolutely NO WAY !

Isn't this more breach of contract than redundancy? For breach the amount could be the full value of the contract plus costs. But these things never get to court as nobody wants their private arrangements made public. The only one I can remember was Poyet - and that was because of the misconduct clause.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Isn't this more breach of contract than redundancy? For breach the amount could be the full value of the contract plus costs. But these things never get to court as nobody wants their private arrangements made public. The only one I can remember was Poyet - and that was because of the misconduct clause.

You have answered your own question

Not many go to Court so there is usually a meeting of minds somewhere in between.

I think I recall Kevin Keegan going to Court but not anyone else

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Has Jones been unlucky so far? Apparently the stats suggest he has.

Good performances are what Stoke City have offered plenty this season, or at least that’s what the underlying numbers suggest. Wyscout’s expected points model has Stoke as the 5th best side in the league, whilst Infogol’s model has Stoke in an expected 3rd place. Even the less advanced metrics show just how well Stoke are doing. 1st for crosses completed, 3rd for touches in the box, 2nd for shots in the penalty area, and 1st for least shots conceded.

https://wizardsofdrivel.com/2019/08...h-nathan-jones/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here