Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] #cpfc

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I think some of you are being a bit mean about Palace, they’ve just brought out club CARPET for only £19.99 per square metre and it thoroughly deserves those five star reviews I’m sure.

View attachment 114486

Dougie and chums shortly after purchasing

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
If they get relegated then Wilf will get his move - there is absolutely no way Palace will cover his £130k a week in the Champioship. They'd be forced to sell, and at a cut price as well, not these fantasy unicorn figures they've been holding out for this summer.
If they get relegated, do you think any team will want to pay his £130k a week? I doubt it, so they could end up left with him unless it was a big cut price deal. I think he is more likely to go in a cut price deal in Jan anyway and they still get relegated.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
If they get relegated, do you think any team will want to pay his £130k a week? I doubt it, so they could end up left with him unless it was a big cut price deal. I think he is more likely to go in a cut price deal in Jan anyway and they still get relegated.

I guess it will be a case of where are they in January, if he isn't putting a shift in they might try and offload him for £50/60m and try and get in a decent striker to replace Barndoor Benny.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Well I don't think clubs would exactly be queuing up to sign him, not unless the transfer fee was massively slashed. Both CPFC2010 and the SEGW have somewhat painted themselves into a corner over this. He knows he's crucial to them, and that they are completely reliant on him to keep them in the PL, he IS their one man team, so he's absolutely milked them for all they are worth.

Now he's discovering the downside of his greed and their stupidity - he's gone and trapped himself in a poor team, at a failing club. He'll never win anything there. He'll never realise his ambitions and play in Europe. He has consigned himself to a career of complete and utter mediocrity, just season after season of fighting against relegation. Time is not on his side either. When his current deal expires in 2023, he'll be nearly 31.

Its all such a shame.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Looking at how few F*cks Willian gave for Chelsea yesterday when he came on I would not be at all surprised if they made a bid In Jan if they get the transfer ban lifted.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Whatever happens they will finish above us. Just like they ALWAYS do.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Well I don't think clubs would exactly be queuing up to sign him, not unless the transfer fee was massively slashed. Both CPFC2010 and the SEGW have somewhat painted themselves into a corner over this. He knows he's crucial to them, and that they are completely reliant on him to keep them in the PL, he IS their one man team, so he's absolutely milked them for all they are worth.

Now he's discovering the downside of his greed and their stupidity - he's gone and trapped himself in a poor team, at a failing club. He'll never win anything there. He'll never realise his ambitions and play in Europe. He has consigned himself to a career of complete and utter mediocrity, just season after season of fighting against relegation. Time is not on his side either. When his current deal expires in 2023, he'll be nearly 31.

Its all such a shame.
Completely agree.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I indulged in some unhealthy great dollops of schadenfreude and had a laugh at their forum last night. I noted that one poor, bitter soul had a signature that read "Brighton have the second highest debt in English football- just let that sink in".

It must rile them no end that we have an owner with a connection to the club that goes back generations, that is a self made man with sufficiently deep pockets to completely reinvigorate the club, that has gone on record saying that he isn't seeking outside investment and that ideally he would like his family stewardship to continue. We have essentially bucked the trend, as we have an old school chairman with the club at his heart that operates in an entirely modern, progressive way. We are very, very lucky to have him.

And they've got the Disney Spiv. I guess denial is all they have left at this point.

hampshirebrightonboy

Sep 3, 2011
This whole situation with Zaha was predicted weeks ago by the good folk on here. If only Disney had read NSC this sorry mess could have all been avoided.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
And they've got the Disney Spiv.

Well, they have for the moment. Do you reckon CPFC2010 would be worth more with a "just above relegation" spot and the SEGW plying his trade or with Wilf's massive transfer fee banked? Asking for a friend.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Dennis from Manchester said

" it's super, I can't get to watch the team play every week, but since I've purchased some of the official CPFC210 luxurious carpet, I now feel closer to the action on match day"

#WANTSOME

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Is the carpet made of some extra slippy non grip surface, in honour of the SEGW?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here