Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Completely PB potential - it's just out and back along the Promenade. The only downside is that you run around the lighthouse(?) which breaks your momentum a little bit. It is a fast course though, I did the first event with no form going in and managed a 19:43, so you should be comfortably thrashing that.

I'm looking at Reigate, but my recovery from last night's football is laughable - I've been walking hunched today and the commute to and from work wasn't impressive!

Martello Tower? Guessing as haven’t done it yet.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
First back home from Parkrun today. I knew it was Paddle Round The Pier too..................forgetful old fool.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
First time at Seaford today and enjoyed the course. Very flat and just one turn.

A new pb by 2seconds taking me sub 18:30 for the first time. 18:28 official so a leaderboard update required please.

Bring on the Phoenix Wednesday.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
First time at Seaford today and enjoyed the course. Very flat and just one turn.

A new pb by 2seconds taking me sub 18:30 for the first time. 18:28 official so a leaderboard update required please.

You’re like a fine wine. Excellent running.

Artie Fufkin

like to run
Mar 30, 2008
out running

Great running! Congrats on the PB! All to play for to go inside 18 mins this year I reckon. Safely build up and maintain the frequency and easy weekly volume and you'll be on target in a few months. :thumbsup:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I was expecting it to be quick from [MENTION=18183]big nuts[/MENTION], but jesus christ! He's going to catch my overall PB this year at this rate. :down:

I, on the other hand, dragged my carcus around Reigate Priory parkrun. I ran an unofficial 21:21, awaiting the results text. I didn't have any energy at all and I'm stiff as a board after playing football on thursday. My recovery is awful, I even got there at 8am this morning to warm up properly but it took me a mile into the actual parkrun to loosen up. I wouldn't have the stamina, currently, to have run a 7 minute mile prior to then running a parkrun. I also got outsprinted, me and another fella absolutely caning it up the hill but I couldn't match it after the first tenth of a mile and had to just coast home. According to Strava, I peaked for speed at 4:48 per mile pace. I'll be doing a bit of pace work this week, I've only actually run sub-20 two or three times this year so far, out of 18 parkruns. :ohmy:

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Oustanding, great stuff [emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Awful week for me. Terrible dose of the trots (not the running kind), so week 1 of training plan has gone out of the window [emoji3525][emoji40]

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
I was expecting it to be quick from [MENTION=18183]big nuts[/MENTION], but jesus christ! He's going to catch my overall PB this year at this rate. :down:

I, on the other hand, dragged my carcus around Reigate Priory parkrun. I ran an unofficial 21:21, awaiting the results text. I didn't have any energy at all and I'm stiff as a board after playing football on thursday. My recovery is awful, I even got there at 8am this morning to warm up properly but it took me a mile into the actual parkrun to loosen up. I wouldn't have the stamina, currently, to have run a 7 minute mile prior to then running a parkrun. I also got outsprinted, me and another fella absolutely caning it up the hill but I couldn't match it after the first tenth of a mile and had to just coast home. According to Strava, I peaked for speed at 4:48 per mile pace. I'll be doing a bit of pace work this week, I've only actually run sub-20 two or three times this year so far, out of 18 parkruns. :ohmy:

If recall, and it won't make you feel any better, Reigate was just about a personal worst for me. It was ankle-deep in mud and as a bonus I pulled a hamstring about 600 metres from the finish. So I have no fond memories of Reigate and I suspect that you don't have any either.

Today's run at Seaton (Jurassic Coast so at least I didn't feel that old) was a disappointing 22.41. It's a prom run but with a nasty little difference: it starts on the shingle and you have to also venture onto the bloody stuff twice more. Still slower than hoped, but the standard of runners not high so sneaked in at 23rd and my AG (73.25%) was in the top 10.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I wondered where the usual suspects were at Hove Park this morning (@Mr Banana aside) - now I know!

Had a choice of an SB attempt, or pacing at a gentler pace. Went with the latter and got it spot on, despite pretty much walking across the line!
895de295ad94565dc3e37bcd48ede0e0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
21:48 in the heat at Preston Park. Happy enough and good to see [MENTION=25508]soistes[/MENTION].

Train to Lewes tomorrow and run back to Hove via a circuitous 13 mile route.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Apparently, the Albion u18s and u23s ran Hove Park today - [MENTION=24635]Greg Bobkin[/MENTION], can you confirm? No sign in the results, equally as bad as the Bournemouth boys.

It's a shame - I'd be curious to see the times of Premier League footballers. No interest in the u18s or u23s - but the first team times would be very interesting. And settle the age old debate about what their times would be. The debate will never cease, now!

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Apparently, the Albion u18s and u23s ran Hove Park today - [MENTION=24635]Greg Bobkin[/MENTION], can you confirm? No sign in the results, equally as bad as the Bournemouth boys.

It's a shame - I'd be curious to see the times of Premier League footballers. No interest in the u18s or u23s - but the first team times would be very interesting. And settle the age old debate about what their times would be. The debate will never cease, now!

Stockdale was on strava for a while and put a few runs up on twitter......saying how delighted he was with his 26 minute 5k.......

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Only 5 "unknown" ran sub-20 at Hove Park, one of them may have been 3 seconds out. If those were the Albion kids, I find that a bit worrying.

Only 1 "unknown" sub-20 at Bournemouth.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Personally, I don't believe that the majority of footballers would be sub-20 - but there are strong opinions in opposition to that view.

I had a healthy debate with [MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION] around this. His view was every pro footballer could run sub 18 minutes. I opposed that view.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I had a healthy debate with [MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION] around this. His view was every pro footballer could run sub 18 minutes. I opposed that view.

I remember the conversation very well - I'm just not buying it. No chance Bong can run sub-22.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here