Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Good Chris Hughton interview today

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Shame they didn't ask him why he didn't think he was under pressure after the run the team had had and the dirge they had been dishing out and how he was incapable of doing anything with the team but defend

If you read the interview . The journalist did.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
An article cut 'n' pasted in full from a subscription-based news site.

Andy Naylor and The Athletic (£40/year subs) have one hell of a challenge ahead...

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Maybe Bloom assured him his job was safe?

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Yes it shows he was never spoken to about improving results,so it all came as a surprise after keeping the club up
The manager he took over from was begged to stay by the chairman, even though he was taking us down. A previous manager had a hearing and a right to appeal. I think he had a right to be surprised by previous handling of the managers and the inconsistency

Believe me, he was well aware his superiors were unimpressed by both the performances and results. Therefore, he is being, shall we say, less than truthful when he says he was shocked he got his P45. Don’t be so gullible and naive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I think it's fairly safe to say a lesson or two has been learned from Hyypia's tenure.

This. Tony showed far far too much loyalty to that [emoji1782].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Maybe Bloom assured him his job was safe?

Bloom said himself he wanted to sack CH in April, but decided against going 'Full Norwich'.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
He must have had some idea. Wrong of him to say he didn’t. Those who believe that are as naive as he must be!

An idea that the club were underperforming, had put a string of poor results together, were at risk until the last minute of relegation . Of course he did. He talked about mutliple times in interviews through that period and in the Times interview this morning. Its pretty patronising to pretend he didn't.
Thats not the same as expecting to be sacked. By all accounts Bloom made the decision late in the day, Hughton was under impression (according to various reports) that he was being called in to Lancing to discuss the summer recruitment and in his interviews post Arsenal , post Man City he had talked in good faith about "next season".
Plenty on NSC , even those that had argued he should go, according to their own posts, were shocked and surprised Bloom had done it.
Why are you so amazed that Hughton was shocked ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm guessing he didn't tell Hughton that though.
Also making it fairly certain he wasn't told his job was safe, either.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hang on a minute ...you said earlier
"I have no idea how the club handled CH's sacking."

I don't.

What has TB saying words to the effect of 'in all honesty I almost sacked him earlier', got to do with how the club handled the actual sacking of Mr Hughton.
I have no idea how the deed was done, if it was even 'legal', on what terms or anything.

All it does attest to is that Mr Hughton wouldn't have been told his job was safe.

Don't let you're blinkers get in the way of the facts.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I was amazed he survived Bmuff let alone Cardiff everything he had built was lost in those two games. Cardiff don’t think had an easier game all season had to go.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Come on Chailey you must have seen Bloom’s comments about this in the plethora of post sacking articles. You are quick enough to find ones that back up your viewpoint :smile:

I know. He's made one comment.. https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2019/may/club-statement-chris-hughton/
It makes no mention at all of when he decided, or how he was considering it.
There's been some limited reporting and speculation trying to get at the reasons behind it but thats different.
And there's been no credible reporting at all that Hughton had any idea he was going to be sacked.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Come on Chailey you must have seen Bloom’s alleged comments about this in the plethora of post sacking articles. You are quick enough to find ones that back up your viewpoint :smile:

https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/sp...sidered-sacking-chris-hughton-four-weeks-ago/

I doubt the Argus would have made it up, don’t you?

In that report they state Hughton had no inkling of his planned sacking

"Albion picked up their first away point in 12 attempts against the top six at Arsenal in what proved to be Hughton’s last away game in charge.

He had no inkling of Bloom’s decision in the immediate aftermath of his final match, Sunday’s 4-1 defeat at the Amex which clinched the title for Manchester City."

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
In that report they state Hughton had no inkling of his planned sacking

"Albion picked up their first away point in 12 attempts against the top six at Arsenal in what proved to be Hughton’s last away game in charge.

He had no inkling of Bloom’s decision in the immediate aftermath of his final match, Sunday’s 4-1 defeat at the Amex which clinched the title for Manchester City."

I wasn’t querying that , I was giving Chailey, who questioned when TB had said he had considered sacking CH a few weeks before, a link to where it was said. I don’t doubt it was a shock to CH but as I said before I’m surprised he couldn’t potentially see it coming.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here