Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Memorial Tile for Ed Bassford (Lord Bracknell)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
In August last year, NSC was approached by [MENTION=831]The History Man[/MENTION] who was making arrangements for three memorial tiles to be placed in the Amex Memorial Garden in recognition of the incredible work undertaken by Sarah Watts, Paul Whelch and NSC's very own Ed Bassford.

NSC paid for the memorial tile for Ed - the least we could do given how much Ed did not just for NSC, but the wider Albion supporter base and the football club itself.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Excellent idea.

Legend is a much overused word in football these days - but he truly was one.

Without him, the two others listed in Bozza's original post, and a small band of dedicated others (plus lots of foot soldiers!) we wouldn't be looking forward to playing the biggest football club in the world at our wonderful home ground tomorrow evening.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Excellent idea.

Legend is a much overused word in football these days - but he truly was one.

Without him, the two others listed in Bozza's original post, and a small band of dedicated others (plus lots of foot soldiers!) we wouldn't be looking forward to playing the biggest football club in the world at our wonderful home ground tomorrow evening.

.....and beating them.

Good to see Newport County doing well.

Would it be appropriate to get one of the number 25 buses named after Ed, Sarah and Paul?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
.....and beating them.

Good to see Newport County doing well.

Would it be appropriate to get one of the number 25 buses named after Ed, Sarah and Paul?

Somebody suggested Sarah before, but she lived in Worthing, not Brighton.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Are there pictures of the tiles?

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Thank you so much for sponsoring Lord B's Memorial Tile. It means a great deal to all of us. Hopefully, I'll be back at the Amex again next season so can get the chance to say thank you for all the many kind words and tributes received since Ed died last July. In the meantime, here's a picture of his tile. I'm delighted to say that the little person pointing to it is my granddaughter who was attending her first game and who is well and truly a Little Seagull. So the next generation carry on the tradition....

p2868234930.jpg

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Thank you so much for sponsoring Lord B's Memorial Tile. It means a great deal to all of us. Hopefully, I'll be back at the Amex again next season so can get the chance to say thank you for all the many kind words and tributes received since Ed died last July. In the meantime, here's a picture of his tile. I'm delighted to say that the little person pointing to it is my granddaughter who was attending her first game and who is well and truly a Little Seagull. So the next generation carry on the tradition....

p2868234930.jpg

Ed Bassford, Sarah Watts, Paul Whelch and - just above Paul W in that pic - Roy Chuter. Legends all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here