Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Stephens

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Stephens is currently feeling the ferocious heat of being the boo boys scape goat.

If you're reading this Dale. You are alright mate. This will be onto someone else real soon. Current favourites are focusing back to AJ , Ryan and Murray ( whilst all the time foaming at the mouth about Mr Hughton )

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
All the players worked their socks off last night,and didn't deserve to lose.I think Dale might have obscured Dunkys view of the shot,or he might have stopped it, the way he was playing.

sagaman

Dec 25, 2005
Brighton
Dale is my favourite player and I get really sick of the way he gets slagged off at the Amex and by certain "experts" on this forum

He has been magnificent in the last two matches

I really liked the way he showed leadership by giving Florin Andone a great talking to when FA's stupid behaviour threatened us being reduced to ten men.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
To put things in perspective - we only just lost away to the Champions League semi finalists.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
And if he hadn't turned his back, it would still have probably gone past him and into the back of the net because of the quality of the shot and where it was aimed.

To claim it's Stephens fault that it went in because he did turn is quite simply staggeringly pathetic

Maybe, it was a very good shot. But I can guarantee if Dunk and Duffy were in his position they would have thrown themselves at it rather than wimping out and turning their back and they MIGHT have blocked it or put Eriksen off - see Duffy’s earlier challenge on Dele. Certainly it would have given us a much better chance of stopping the goal.

It was undoubtedly poor and not in the spirit of the performance by the team in general for 90 minutes but I didn’t say it was all Stephens fault it went in did I so I would say your response is quite simply staggeringly pathetic.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I have said I thought overall it was a fantastic effort from the team and especially from Ryan, Dunk, Duffy, Bernardo, Bissouma, Ali J and Andone. Unfortunately I feel Stephens let us and especially his team mates down a bit then and I’m not the only one to think that.

I take your point

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
... and Duffy.

They were the three standout players last night for me - they put in one hell of a shift. I actually think we can get something against Arsenal if we replicate that spirit.

I said the same last night - felt a bit weird afterwards too.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I have said I thought overall it was a fantastic effort from the team and especially from Ryan, Dunk, Duffy, Bernardo, Bissouma, Ali J and Andone. Unfortunately I feel Stephens let us and especially his team mates down a bit then and I’m not the only one to think that.

He's not even that close. It's Kayal's man, who with fresh legs could have closed him down a lot quicker. Stephens is some way back and didn''t really have much chance blocking the shot in real time. Find it pretty odd Stephens is blamed and Kayal isn't. Still, you're not the only one to think that, so there is that.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
... and Duffy.

They were the three standout players last night for me - they put in one hell of a shift. I actually think we can get something against Arsenal if we replicate that spirit.

I agree. Spurs are a much better side than Arsenal. Arsenal don’t have a player anywhere near the same class as Eriksen or Son and they are a lot weaker at the back.

sagaman

Dec 25, 2005
Brighton
Ridiculous comment as Kayal was the player concerned

Sent from my Moto G (5S) using Tapatalk

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

Then you, and they, are a bit clueless

There were plenty of good things that Stephens did during the game, plenty of clearances, etc and he did a great job and he certainly didn't let the team down.

To have some 'fans' nit-pick, trying to find fault and lay the blame at the feet of 1 player for a defeat when they have all performed heroically is pathetic.

I'm pretty sure that if Stephens been the one to have had the shot shortly before their goal rather than Kayal, and then it was Kayal in that position defending their shot from which they'd scored in the same way that Stephens did, then the same people would still be looking to lay the blame on Stephens for the goal (because he'd conceded possession with that shot) as those 'fans' seem to have an agenda against one of our own players, no matter how well he played. So much for #together.

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
IMG_0291.GIF

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Then you, and they, are a bit clueless

There were plenty of good things that Stephens did during the game, plenty of clearances, etc and he did a great job and he certainly didn't let the team down.

To have some 'fans' nit-pick, trying to find fault and lay the blame at the feet of 1 player for a defeat when they have all performed heroically is pathetic.

I'm pretty sure that if Stephens been the one to have had the shot shortly before their goal rather than Kayal, and then it was Kayal in that position defending their shot from which they'd scored in the same way that Stephens did, then the same people would still be looking to lay the blame on Stephens for the goal (because he'd conceded possession with that shot) as those 'fans' seem to have an agenda against one of our own players, no matter how well he played. So much for #together.

They can’t stand Dale Stephens, then carefully look for an error or two in his 90 minutes, to fit as ‘evidence’ around their conclusion that he’s shit.

Pathetic from Albion ‘supporters’.

We have form - Barnes, David Lopez, Hemed and Murray.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here