Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
The pairing of Ali & Montoya didn't look as solid as Locadia and Bernie in tandem, but as said on the player rating thread in a performance not designed for creativity he was still our most creative player. (the lowest of low bars!!)

Locadia was?! Can’t remember anything much, just wondered if the sensible switch would have been Locadia for Andone with March coming on before instead, just a bit more pace.

Agree though, felt AJ and Montoya looked uncomfortable throughout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

teammelli

Jul 25, 2018
Absolutely. There’s a reason we’ve never heard of any Iranian footballers in over 150 years the games been played.

Ali J is shockingly bad at this level. I’d rather we’d signed George Weah’s cousin.

The all-time highest international goal scorer is Iranian.
Iran has made five World Cups. They've won three Asian Cups.
They were one meter away from advancing in first place in WC18 in a group featuring Spain and Portugal.
Iranian players have shined in the Bundesliga, La Liga and Serie A.
They have played well and scored in Champions League matches, and won multiple league titles.

So I guess you're either painfully ignorant or just a prejudiced troll.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
They were one meter away from advancing in first place in WC18 in a group featuring Spain and Portugal.
They have played well and scored in Champions League matches, and won multiple league titles.

Calm down dear! Point was they hardly roll off the tongue like the greats of well, loads of other countries.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
There were signs last night that aj has a good footballing brain.
He was looking to play balls into space for andone to run onto.
If that is your strength it must be tough playing with Murray, who has his strengths but has no pace

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Not a great game to gauge one of our players in, thought they all looked like they had something, hopefully they will all click on Saturday and blow Newc. away. Nice reaction between AAJ and CH.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006

Iranian I guess?

Of course you are going to know that, I dont think your average fan would know that, there hasnt been to my knowledge a stand out premier league player.

Also Ali J is well crap.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Iranian I guess?

Of course you are going to know that, I dont think your average fan would know that, there hasnt been to my knowledge a stand out premier league player.

Also Ali J is well crap.

I wouldn't say that he's crap, but I've yet to see much evidence that he is any better than Jamie Murphy or Craig Noone.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Well.

I was quite enjoying the fact we had lots of new followers from Iran. Sadly I think were at loggerheads about Alireza

Iranian Ali J fans, recognise we’re stressed due to months of dreadful football and Ali is getting the stick because he is the highest priced of the many underperforming forward players we have, plus he doesn’t have a previous good record with the club to fall back on.

Albion fans, no need to slate Iranian football in general

You only need to look at the thread title to see that this issue isn’t going away. We’ve signed him for 5 years, so there are 4 more left after this one. It’s hard to see who would take him off our hands for the wages he is likely to be on, let alone allow us to recoup some of that transfer fee. He’s with us for the foreseeable, so we have to get behind him

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
This is where I am. Except to say that at Premier league level when you're spending SEVENTEEN MILLION POUNDS, that is the very definition of crap.
Hold on. He's the best 17 million player we have ever had.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I wouldn't say that he's crap, but I've yet to see much evidence that he is any better than Jamie Murphy or Craig Noone.

Agreed, Id actually say Murphy was better. However neither of those players are technically 'Crap' for 17 million pounds he is sadly in the filed under crap for me.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Is there a problem with Andone as CH seemed to totally ignore him when he went off but gave Ali J a hand shake.

Andone was clearly less than impressed at being subbed. As he walked off he had a face like Dot Cotton licking piss off a nettle, and was shrugging his shoulders at the other players on the bench as he sat down. Looked to me like HE was the one that completely blanked CH as he walked past him.

Hughton was always going to bring Glenn on at some point to help aerially at the back once Spurs prepared to launch their final onslaught, and given that Andone was on a yellow, it was an understandable switch. Andone needs to get with the programme.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Alireza did okay last night. Worked really hard, and performed the role asked of him.

But March would have done the same job a little better (with more pace to break out), IMO.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Andone was clearly less than impressed at being subbed.

Maybe if he hadn't played quite so brainlessly, desperately trying to get sent off at every opportunity, he might've lasted another 15-20 mins? Hughton took him off for his own good. Very frustrating from Andone last night.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here