Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Guys, we're going to be fine

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Why should a team that has been in free fall since the turn of the year suddenly find this form?CH is a good man but has become increasingly clueless and I not sure if watching the Albion since 1962 I have seen a side show so little ticker.If we do stay up it will by luck or the strange perversion of the football Gods.

We've lost 4 in a row, which is our worst run in the PL. Are we going to lose 9 in a row?

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
It just doesn't take this group long to come to a firm conclusion. You have not given Hughton enough time. Yes, he moves at a snail's pace when making decisions about tactics but he will get there.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
The only way we are staying up is if Cardiff think the job is done after last night and fail to collect 3 more points.

We dont look capable of even getting anything out of the Newcastle game, never mind the others which are all tougher.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
We're as good as down. It's a shame and a waste but (just like the championship promotion year) we had a number of decent opportunities to put it to bed and we passed them all up. Burnley, Southampton, Bournemouth and Cardiff at home and 1 consolation goal between them.

There is no hope of a reprieve. We are down. Looking forward to the merry old championship experience.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
We've lost 4 in a row, which is our worst run in the PL. Are we going to lose 9 in a row?

Nothing in the last two games has suggested we couldn't.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
We're as good as down. It's a shame and a waste but (just like the championship promotion year) we had a number of decent opportunities to put it to bed and we passed them all up. Burnley, Southampton, Bournemouth and Cardiff at home and 1 consolation goal between them.

There is no hope of a reprieve. We are down. Looking forward to the merry old championship experience.

There is hope of a reprieve.

1. Cardiff go D2 L2 for their final 4 games. We stay up on GD. Just.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Ohh thank goodness, there was me worried about relegation after we’d lost to Burnley, Southampton Bournemouth and Cardiff without hardly a shot on target, but now I can relax.

I am gonna ring CH and let him know the good news, I am sure he will be relieved

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Ok, this is straw clutching but I'm going for it ...

We've just had three horrific defeats against teams where we expected to get at least a point. What was the one game in this spell where we played reasonably well? Man City at Wembley. Because there was no expectation (especially after they scored so early) we were able to play with an element of freedom.

I'm confident we'll be able to do exactly that, and get results, against the teams where we're expected to lose, starting with Wolves. No pressure, no expectation, we can play like a relegated team (i.e. Fulham) without being actually relegated.

Believe. C'mon, what's the worst that can happen?

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
Ohh thank goodness, there was me worried about relegation after we’d lost to Burnley, Southampton Bournemouth and Cardiff without hardly a shot on target, but now I can relax.

I am gonna ring CH and let him know the good news, I am sure he will be relieved

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad we all helped.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Our run of atrocious form is due to come to an end.

Wolves: 2-1 win
Tottenham: 1-1 draw
Newcastle: 3-0 win
Arsenal 0-0 draw
ManCity 2-1 defeat
The first 3 score casts 4500/1..

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015

Which as Palace found out is one of the downsides to having an L in your name. I think we can now look forward to a few SEAGULLLLLLLLLS posts from a few visitors to this site.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
We really are going to be OK. We're not necessarily going to stay up, but we'll be fine. Things aren't like they were when we were relegated in 1983 and the rot had begun to set in. We have an owner with the club in his very bones, who has set up a training facility and youth programme that should allow us to weather bumps in the road such as this. One hopes that the wage structure and probable clauses pertaining to relegation should ensure we don't careen straight off the financial cliff. We probably wouldn't bounce straight back up but we'll be OK.

I'll be coming back for more anyway. Pretty sure I'll be seeing most of you there too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here