Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Millwall allocation

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Everton just did that. Obviously this does call into question if their mind was in the right place at all in the first place.........as far as rational decisions go it would not appear to be the cleverest thing to do.

Personally l am a fully paid up member of hashtag teamwimp.

Miribel

Feb 19, 2019
You'll likely get the 2,200 from the upper tier. Watford and Leicester had the bottom tier a couple of year ago, and I don't think the Met will allow that again given the (understandable) pitch invasion after the Leicester game. Sad, I'd love to see the away end properly full.

stevewall

Feb 19, 2019
Fair enough. I thought Millwall were “family club of the year” so what safety concerns? Basically saying they can’t control their own fans.

that decision is made by the police millwall want to open both tiers millw all fans want to as well the odd thing is on the rare occasions that they have been there was no trouble , these days the only team that would warrant the upper tier only is west ham

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
FA Cup quarter-final fixtures

Saturday, 16 March

Watford v Crystal Palace (12:15 GMT) - Live on BT Sport
Swansea City v Manchester City (17:20 GMT) - Live on BT Sport
Wolves v Manchester United (19:55 GMT) - Live on BBC One
Sunday, 17 March

Millwall v Brighton & Hove Albion (14.00 GMT) - Live on BBC One

stevewall

Feb 19, 2019
everton fans stabbed 7 millwall fans none seriously hurt , but as the local press at the time wrote it didn't end well for everton , it didn't end well for ipswich either just another group of people trying to make a name for themselves just like everton a couple of weeks ago , this sort of stuff has virtually ended these days thankfully and an away game at millwall for the huge majority is a decent day out loads of good pubs around London bridge , you will only find trouble if you go out of your way to look or create it, I hope they give you the bottom tier I also hope you will stay up but I don't think you have too many worries on that count , if you come to millwall enjoy the atmosphere which is totally different to the fake happy clappy crap you'll hear at Crystal plastics , enjoy your day in fact enjoy everything bar the result ,hopefully

HappyBoy

Feb 19, 2019
No trouble. I think you were the las to be allowed in the lower. Think the police have the last say. Be a shame if you dont get it. It only kicks off if you get large groups of blokes strutting about where they should not. be. Mixed groups of scarfers wont get touched. Lot of norwich families behind our home stand all nice and peaceful.

HappyBoy

Feb 19, 2019
Your right 3 everton firms came looking for trouble. Attacked a family group early on and the rest is history. We dont have a beef with brighton. I am not saying we are angels but unless your in a mob nothing will happen. You can even talk to us. I will try not to grunt and drag my knuckles :angel:

stevewall

Feb 19, 2019
just a small minority that were wrong in my view but spurs Chelsea west ham utd man Utd and city Leeds in fact almost every other club have used the disgusting Hillsborough chants Liverpool fans the little scallywags still bring up Munich as do Leeds, where's the apology for hysel , west ham still do the gas chamber hissing sound when they go to Tottenham, something millwall and I bet brighton have never done , none of it is right there is a point where its not funny but sick but millwall fans these days probably cross that line far less than most

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
I am guessing they will see how well the home end sells before giving us the lower tier. It's not really practical to make the lower tier part BHA/ part Milwall to give us 15% and allow the maximum 'Wall in. Suspect it's all or nothing

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
If they're worried about a pitch invasion surely they could just put neeting over the front6-8 rows and have a line of stewards/police at the bottom?

It should be a really good game and atmosphere with two clubs not used to a whole lot of success having a great opportunity to make an F.A cup semi final. It'd be a real shame if we only got the top tier.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
No trouble. I think you were the las to be allowed in the lower. Think the police have the last say. Be a shame if you dont get it. It only kicks off if you get large groups of blokes strutting about where they should not. be. Mixed groups of scarfers wont get touched. Lot of norwich families behind our home stand all nice and peaceful.

Agreed. We've got a couple of small groups of idiots that often turn up pissed at away games.............nothing more than a minor irritation to be honest but quite possible they'll get themselves in a bit of bother. Tiny minority though.

Jimmy Grimble

I am guessing they will see how well the home end sells before giving us the lower tier. It's not really practical to make the lower tier part BHA/ part Milwall to give us 15% and allow the maximum 'Wall in. Suspect it's all or nothing

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Has to be all or nothing surely. I don’t think that lower tier can be split.

And surely there’s no way Millwall can give themselves that lower tier? That’d mean accepting it’s a useable area of the ground and as such should be afforded to the 15% needed for the away team.

I reckon we’ve been told we could potentially have some of it depending on Police/Authority advice which we’re still waiting for.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here