Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Everton vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Similar performance as against Wolves and Newcastle, but Everton had more quality up front. Simple really. Not going to look for a scapegoat, several (most if not all) players had below-par games and tactically we were lacking in any ideas to get forward. Playing well below our best at the moment, wonder for how much longer...............

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Don’t think we need to worry, enough dross in the league this year. Think it’ll be easier to stay up. As said missing a few key players with injuries atm. 9 points from 12 not that shabby.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
#excuses. One more than Mata who got 5. We can keep going. 6 assists is a decent return. Especially for a team in the bottom half of the league.

The difference being that those players contributed to the general play and also score a decent number of goals. I have stuck up for Solly for a long time but his general contribution to the team does not make his potential 6 assists for the season worthwhile.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Don’t think we need to worry, enough dross in the league this year. Think it’ll be easier to stay up. As said missing a few key players with injuries atm. 9 points from 12 not that shabby.
The difference being that the dross appear to show far more hunger and passion than we do.

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I think March had a poor game today, but the weakest link in the starting eleven was Jahanbaksh. More surprised than last week that it was Izquierdo that made way for Knockaert.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Strange game.

Strange sub, thought Ali was on his way.

Really looking forward to Gross and Propper being back in the team.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
That was a bit shit. I was hoping that Duffy and the coach Pat Nevin would be similarly successful as Hughton at Newcastle. Was not to be.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Our team contained six internationals today!

Aside from defence and goalie, we all know the Albion's midfield and attack is the weakness.

Kayal and Jahanbakhsh aren't successful internationals, playing for quality countries used to getting results.

Swap the ££££ Everton front 6 for ours, and you have a very good team.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I don't think this is true. We have a squad of good players, but the problem is that they are only just "good". Everton have many VERY good players that would be amongst our best players if they were here.

Our backbone - Ryan Dunk Duffy - could be regarded as very good too, but today they showed why even that's debatable.

Midfield, Attack... full backs... our entire squad is a weakness when playing top sides like Everton.

We seem to agree on many points, but looking at a whole load of posts, we were also outplayed and crap against Newcastle and West Ham. They're not considered top teams.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Better than last year. Even though they lost, Everton looked much better at Old Trafford last week than we did against Newcastle and Wolves, so the result's respectable.

Only scored a second-half goal in one of our last 20 league games away now, and that was when we had to throw caution to the wind because we were so poor in the opening 45 at Southampton.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
I don't think this is true. We have a squad of good players, but the problem is that they are only just "good". Everton have many VERY good players that would be amongst our best players if they were here.

Our backbone - Ryan Dunk Duffy - could be regarded as very good too, but today they showed why even that's debatable.

Midfield, Attack... full backs... our entire squad is a weakness when playing top sides like Everton.
Over the past 2 seasons we have played very well and competed against some top teams. I cannot for the life of me understand why we cannot do that week in week out. Man u at home and Liverpool away were excellent performances this season. Watford and Everton away probably our worst. So what is it? Tactics?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Without being too controversial - I think March has had a fair few poor games this season.

I don't think he has looked bad on the wing, just not great behind Murray.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Over the past 2 seasons we have played very well and competed against some top teams. I cannot for the life of me understand why we cannot do that week in week out. Man u at home and Liverpool away were excellent performances this season. Watford and Everton away probably our worst. So what is it? Tactics?

Man U did not press us like Everton did today, we did it to them.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Money was the difference today,and money talks most of the time.Richarlison £50 mill,can't compete with that,and need them to have an off day to beat them.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Huddersfield, Fulham leaking goals for fun for having a go. Think we have to be a little realistic. We’re not doing that badly.

You mean you’d rather be on 14 points from 11 than 5 points from 10? Such rational posts have no place here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here