Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] A Request for Help ....

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
In the last year my sister has been diagnosed triple negative and is currently undergoing hellish treatment; a friend from work has been diagnosed and is currently going through hellish treatment and another friend has died.

All were in their 40s when diagnosed.

There is an online petition to debate lowering the age for screening which you may consider signing.

https://petition.parliament.uk/peti...c5x9z_mN-402aPYeWH5KOUairU5ZbYe2ZjuFyzbHxKbEQ

Don't be cynical and think these things get ignored. A petition regarding Cystic Fibrosis medication just scrapped over the 100,000 mark last month and the debate was held on Monday. https://parliamentlive.tv/.../733e2c79-696a-4261-abc1... I know a number of people signed this petition and on the behalf of the CF community, thanks.

Petition debates in Westminster Hall cannot directly change the law or result in a vote to implement the request of the petition. Creating new laws, or changing existing ones, can only be done through the parliamentary legislative process which involves a number of debates, and detailed consideration of the law in draft, in both the House of Commons and the House of Lords. However, this debate has a vital role in helping raise the profile of the campaign and could influence later decision-making in Government and Parliament.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
In the last year my sister has been diagnosed triple negative and is currently undergoing hellish treatment; a friend from work has been diagnosed and is currently going through hellish treatment and another friend has died.

There is an online petition to debate lowering the age for screening which you may consider signing.

https://petition.parliament.uk/peti...c5x9z_mN-402aPYeWH5KOUairU5ZbYe2ZjuFyzbHxKbEQ

Don't be cynical and think these things get ignored. A petition regarding Cystic Fibrosis medication just scrapped over the 100,000 mark last month and the debate was held on Monday. https://parliamentlive.tv/.../733e2c79-696a-4261-abc1... I know a number of people signed this petition and on the behalf of the CF community, thanks.

Petition debates in Westminster Hall cannot directly change the law or result in a vote to implement the request of the petition. Creating new laws, or changing existing ones, can only be done through the parliamentary legislative process which involves a number of debates, and detailed consideration of the law in draft, in both the House of Commons and the House of Lords. However, this debate has a vital role in helping raise the profile of the campaign and could influence later decision-making in Government and Parliament.

Done

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Also done ..... for obvious reasons. Thank you for highlighting it.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
And for a very brief update ..... Lisa and her best friend Charlie got married last week. Nothing big, couple of witnessess and their daughter .... in the garden.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
So, a hard few hours, but I thought an update worthwhile given I want everyone to check themselves and their partners and take this nasty illness seriously.

Early this morning Lisa had a seizure because the cancer has spread to her brain. She is currently in hospital being stablised for a move to a hospice. She's not expected to last a few days. Just remember she was diagnosed less than three weeks ago ..... all the more reason for ALL of us to make those standard checks for signs. Don't allow yourself or your partner to be in Lisa's position.

Also, please, please, please, sign the petition [MENTION=587]Pevenseagull[/MENTION] has posted.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now

Done.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
please share the petition as well .... there is a limited time for it to reach 100,000 and it it is important ... thanks in advance xxx

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Probably my last post on this thread and then I'll leave it a few days before asking the mods to 'unsticky' it.

So sadly, but inevitably, Lisa passed away at 23:30 last night. It was a full moon and Father’s Day. Lisa loved a full moon – thought it had mystical powers – and obviously loved her recently departed father. So the irony of the timing she chose to go hasn’t gone unmissed amongst her friends. Gone to meet her Dad on Father's Day.

Myself and Mrs W visited her on Friday and Saturday. To see such a fun loving, lively, loud, centre of attention lady looking like an almost dead 90 year old without any capability of communication was heartbreaking. All this in a few weeks. To say a few tears were shed, and continue to be shed is an understatement.

I can’t thank enough those on NSC that have donated, sent me PMs and been supportive.

Now the cautionary tale, tests over the last few days of Lisa’s life have suggested the cancer started as cervical cancer, not breast cancer as thought. She’s possibly had it in her body for years. It transpires that Lisa had never had a smear test despite being 46. So, and I know it’s a slightly awkward subject, make sure the female loved one’s in your life have regular smear tests ….. it could have well saved Lisa’s life.

That’s it other than please sign that petition and RIP Lisa.

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
Deepest sympathies [MENTION=1365]Westdene Seagull[/MENTION] - So sorry to read of Lisa’s passing. RIP young lady, gone to young, thoughts are with your family and friends.

I can only echo [MENTION=1365]Westdene Seagull[/MENTION]'s closing comments, the sample takers have seen it all before, ladies, they do not care if your garden is unkept, trimmed or pierced. They also do not care if you have dirty undies, they are only wanting to see and take a cell sample from your cervix for reporting, guys have that discussion with the ladies in your lives, make sure they are up to date with their tests.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
[MENTION=1365]Westdene Seagull[/MENTION], I missed this thread until just now, as I usually glance at New Posts (not the Main Board).

Very sorry to hear about Lisa and her family. I’ve lost (not old) loved ones to cancer recently.

I can only think to help with a donation.

They’re lucky to have friends like you.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Probably my last post on this thread and then I'll leave it a few days before asking the mods to 'unsticky' it.

So sadly, but inevitably, Lisa passed away at 23:30 last night. It was a full moon and Father’s Day. Lisa loved a full moon – thought it had mystical powers – and obviously loved her recently departed father. So the irony of the timing she chose to go hasn’t gone unmissed amongst her friends. Gone to meet her Dad on Father's Day.

Myself and Mrs W visited her on Friday and Saturday. To see such a fun loving, lively, loud, centre of attention lady looking like an almost dead 90 year old without any capability of communication was heartbreaking. All this in a few weeks. To say a few tears were shed, and continue to be shed is an understatement.

I can’t thank enough those on NSC that have donated, sent me PMs and been supportive.

Now the cautionary tale, tests over the last few days of Lisa’s life have suggested the cancer started as cervical cancer, not breast cancer as thought. She’s possibly had it in her body for years. It transpires that Lisa had never had a smear test despite being 46. So, and I know it’s a slightly awkward subject, make sure the female loved one’s in your life have regular smear tests ….. it could have well saved Lisa’s life.

I am very sorry to hear this, even though I realise the outcome was inevitable. Thank you for bringing your friend to our attention with such a moving account; your exhortation to get tested is a vital legacy of this and so many other similar tragedies. RIP.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
And this really is my final post on this thread before I get it unstickied.

Lisa's funeral is now booked ( and paid for thanks to the donations ). She loved handbags and so her coffin will have her favourite handbag on top of it filled with stuff from friends - for example Mrs W and I will be putting in a pebble because Lisa loved coming down and seeing the beach and sea ( don't tell the council ! ). She also loved Star Wars and we happen to know someone that works for Pinewood Studioes. So her coffin will be guided in by Darth Vader and have a guard of Stormtoopers !!!! Then a massive party in the evening to celerbrate her life .... just how she would want it.

Finally, yet again, ALL of us should ensure we get those standard checks, Please don't become a Lisa.

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Very very sorry for your loss :down:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here