Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What’s a Fusion and why is it banned?

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Growing up is always a struggle, especially as a teenager, long time ago but I’m sure I made loads of mistakes. Thing is these days these seem amplified through social media, finding your identity through public media trying to impress others must be an odd existence. I do hope that the lessons learned from chasing that need for attention have been absorbed and reflected on. It would be sad if the negative energy fuelled the need to maintain a public persona.
Hope he is able to step away from this bubble and reflect on what and who he is. Sounds like he needs a lot of support from family and friends to get a grip on reality.

Absolutely. I am so grateful social media didn't exist when I was growing up. All that teenage angst multiplied through feeling the pressure of keeping up appearances on social media... Sod that

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Absolutely. I am so grateful social media didn't exist when I was growing up. All that teenage angst multiplied through feeling the pressure of keeping up appearances on social media... Sod that

Exactly.

Bullied kids used to get a respite when they got home after school. Now, mobiles and the internet gives them no escape 24-7.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
There’s little I hate more at football than away fans in the home stands at The Amex. I love the fact that idiots that give their tickets to away supporters are getting banned. Well done club.

And as for this Josh lad he should have know better as he would certainly have seen the negative drama away supporters create when they celebrate in our end. For that he has been unbelievably stupid and his linking it to mental health post event just doesn’t stack up for me.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I have to say, I am shocked that Andy Bandwagon has somehow managed to make this all about him... :unclesam:

I wish someone would ban this Andy Bajana tit for a few years. Obviously don't tell him until he turns up at the gate one day.

As for this Josh lad, has he paid back the money he made? Given it to REMF or similar? If so, good on him, year ban and back to the Amex. If not, he can shove his apology up his bollocks. I should like to see his hands cut off. Hang him from Tower Bridge.

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
How did he get found out?

I was curious about that. He says he hasn't lied and owned up to everything. When? Before he was caught or after? By the look of it, he was caught out. Seems he had quite the little racket going.

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I was curious about that. He says he hasn't lied and owned up to everything. When? Before he was caught or after?
Apparently some of those who had their fan numbers used to buy tickets that ended up with City fans were contacted by the club and initially canned (don't know if this was following any incidents).......the Fusion kiddy had supposedly used their fan numbers without permission so I imagine they were a bit surprised to get a call.

Seems he admitted everything after being contacted by the club. Would have been difficult to deny it.....

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Apparently some of those who had their fan numbers used to buy tickets that ended up with City fans were contacted by the club and initially canned (don't know if this was following any incidents).......the Fusion kiddy had supposedly used their fan numbers without permission so I imagine they were a bit surprised to get a call.

Seems he admitted everything after being contacted by the club. Would have been difficult to deny it.....

Ah. Busted.

Two things I have to say about all this.

Firstly, one does not simply identify as having a mental health problem. One is either diagnosed or one is not. If not, do not declare yourself as having MH issues. It's bad form.

Lastly, stop filming football matches for use on twitter or youtube etc. Watch the match. You are no more important than anyone else at the match.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Ah. Busted.

Two things I have to say about all this.

Firstly, one does not simply identify as having a mental health problem. One is either diagnosed or one is not. If not, do not declare yourself as having MH issues. It's bad form.

Lastly, stop filming football matches for use on twitter or youtube etc. Watch the match. You are no more important than anyone else at the match.

I don't agree from personal experience. I have suffered severe anxiety and panic attacks for 11 years. It's the main reason I attend few matches now. I have tried to overcome it but came a cropper when I went to Chelsea away (my last game). I came over dizzy and was trembling. I check my pulse in these instances and it had risen to around 120. It normally holds at about 70. I knew if I hung around it would get worse. I left after 20 minutes. Some might say I did myself a favour... As soon as I left the ground everything calmed down.

I didn't really publicise what had become a serious issue that has, at times, a crippling effect on my life until one night early last year. A frightening attack came out of nowhere when I was at home. I had rarely suffered at home and it felt like it was the end. My safe sanctuary had been invaded. I remember making myself go out and trying to distract my mind. I was swaying across the pavement like a drunkard. I got home and made myself update my Facebook status to tell everyone how I felt. It was a last resort because I always rally against 'look at me' stuff. The effect was instant, loads of support. The attack subsided. It was like there was a demon looking at me saying "You ***t, I never thought you'd do that"

I hadn't been properly diagnosed at that point but since have. I'm supposed to take medication but refuse too. Anxiety is one of the reasons I'm now moving back to familiar territory.

So, the point is, I had it for ten years before being diagnosed. I told a few friends because they needed to know as my behaviour was often odd (mind you...). I then told everyone because it forced me to.

Panic attacks and anxiety are no excuse for flouting rules, agreed. The two are not bedfellows. But, nonetheless, I always spring to someones side whether or not it is being used expediently. I've been there and am still there. And, no, I don't need a 'You ok, hun ?' I did once, but it was a last resort !

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I don't agree from personal experience. I have suffered severe anxiety and panic attacks for 11 years. It's the main reason I attend few matches now. I have tried to overcome it but came a cropper when I went to Chelsea away (my last game). I came over dizzy and was trembling. I check my pulse in these instances and it had risen to around 120. It normally holds at about 70. I knew if I hung around it would get worse. I left after 20 minutes. Some might say I did myself a favour... As soon as I left the ground everything calmed down.

I didn't really publicise what had become a serious issue that has, at times, a crippling effect on my life until one night early last year. A frightening attack came out of nowhere when I was at home. I had rarely suffered at home and it felt like it was the end. My safe sanctuary had been invaded. I remember making myself go out and trying to distract my mind. I was swaying across the pavement like a drunkard. I got home and made myself update my Facebook status to tell everyone how I felt. It was a last resort because I always rally against 'look at me' stuff. The effect was instant, loads of support. The attack subsided. It was like there was a demon looking at me saying "You ***t, I never thought you'd do that"

I hadn't been properly diagnosed at that point but since have. I'm supposed to take medication but refuse too. Anxiety is one of the reasons I'm now moving back to familiar territory.

So, the point is, I had it for ten years before being diagnosed. I told a few friends because they needed to know as my behaviour was often odd (mind you...). I then told everyone because it forced me to.

Panic attacks and anxiety are no excuse for flouting rules, agreed. The two are not bedfellows. But, nonetheless, I always spring to someones side whether or not it is being used expediently. I've been there and am still there. And, no, I don't need a 'You ok, hun ?' I did once, but it was a last resort !

Fair enough. Maybe I should have put it more like this:

If you’re going to use mental health as a mitigating circumstance for fraud, probably best to have a diagnosis.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Having read his message (reproduced on page 11 ) if this is the average piece of grammatical work produced by a 17 year old in this country, then god help us. Irrespective of content, its appalling from start to finish. If he was hoping to present his case in a clear and lucid way, he failed miserably. Its a disjointed, poorly punctuated, misspelt ramble. I would be truly horrified if a 17 year old of mine produced this. What the hell is going on in the education system? Its basic stuff and he is a way off that mark.
Suggest he spends the next five years concentrating on improving his written communication skills, as he has no chance of impressing any employer based on that. I'm sure some on here will spring to his defence, claiming it was an emotional, off the chest response but even that cuts no slack with me. You are either capable of acceptable written English or you are not.

Tokyohands

Jan 5, 2017
Tokyo
I used to go to raves in the 90s called Fusion. Why anyone would want to ban those I don't know, we just got off our tits, made lots of new friends and had a great time.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Having read his message (reproduced on page 11 ) if this is the average piece of grammatical work produced by a 17 year old in this country, then god help us. Irrespective of content, its appalling from start to finish. If he was hoping to present his case in a clear and lucid way, he failed miserably. Its a disjointed, poorly punctuated, misspelt ramble. I would be truly horrified if a 17 year old of mine produced this. What the hell is going on in the education system? Its basic stuff and he is a way off that mark.
Suggest he spends the next five years concentrating on improving his written communication skills, as he has no chance of impressing any employer based on that. I'm sure some on here will spring to his defence, claiming it was an emotional, off the chest response but even that cuts no slack with me. You are either capable of acceptable written English or you are not.

With respect. You have way WAY too much time on your hands.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

Admittedly 10 years ago, but I went to my step-daughters parents evening just prior to her GCSE exams to see her English teacher, as we were quite worried about her spelling and grammar, both of which were pretty poor. Almost word for word, the response we got from said English teacher was "we don't worry too much about that side of things, but she does have a really good grasp of Shakespeare" :eek: :facepalm:

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Youtube Brighton fan Vlogger, he essentially watches games and films himself watching the games and giving reactions. He's been getting noticed by the club lately, access to the players. He's 17, he acquired 17 peoples FAN numbers (I dunno how) and fraudulently bought tickets to the City game, he then sold those tickets on to City fans for a 350 quid profit. It seems that a few people got banned or communication from the club alerting them to this fraud and it turns out Fusion/Josh was the one who did the whole thing. He has since got a 5 year ban which IMO is very light, given others who BHA suspected of the fraud were going to get life bans according to those who got caught up in it.

He then posted a 5 page diatribe on Twitter explaining that he has anxiety and panic attacks and is probably depressed but doesn't want to go to a doctor and because of his condition it caused him to commit this fraud and he's very sorry but it wasn't really his fault. Fans are now having their say on him and it on Twitter with some thinking its not a big deal and others like me, thinking he got off lightly. Bad look for him, obviously and pretty annoying for the club I'd imagine given they essentially endorsed him by having him involved in their media.

Yes, but the important part is many Citeh fans lost money up to 350 quid because they were dumb enough to buy tickets from a once endorsed by BHA former fan. As Bill and Ted would say "Excellent."

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Admittedly 10 years ago, but I went to my step-daughters parents evening just prior to her GCSE exams to see her English teacher, as we were quite worried about her spelling and grammar, both of which were pretty poor. Almost word for word, the response we got from said English teacher was "we don't worry too much about that side of things, but she does have a really good grasp of Shakespeare" :eek: :facepalm:

I've changed my whole outlook on spelling. Shakspeer never spelled a word correctly in his whole life. Who really cares about spelling?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
...its appalling from start to finish...poorly punctuated...Its basic stuff...
You are either capable of acceptable written English or you are not.

:whistle:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here