Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I know I keep coming over as. A miserable fulkker, but why do we need another defender!

We have balogun, dunk, Duffy and the big Wigan lad, Dan. All centre backs....centre backs are not what we want...we want attacking creative midfielders and forwards who can put the ball in the net. Totally and absolutely underwhelmed by this signing!

Suspect we will need MC as our Nigerian International CB MAY depart due to lack of game time...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
I know I keep coming over as. A miserable fulkker, but why do we need another defender!

We have balogun, dunk, Duffy and the big Wigan lad, Dan. All centre backs....centre backs are not what we want...we want attacking creative midfielders and forwards who can put the ball in the net. Totally and absolutely underwhelmed by this signing!

Apparently he is the only naturally left footed CB in the half team of CBs that we could play. That's good then, we now have a left footer who can hoof ball to 35 year old lonesome who can't run. Problem sorted.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
From the current team, even if we do sign a striker, an attacking winger, and a right back, I really think that we're going to struggle. They've been shown time and time again that the core/backbone of the team isn't up to Premier League standard. I think that the team we have now is worse than when we got promoted. Our transfer business better be outstanding for us to survive. Of the 3 teams coming up from the Championship, 2 of them on paper look much much better than we do, and of those left in the Prem who we maybe could beat, just got better and better at the end of the season as we went backwards.

I won't be disappointed if we get relegated if we put up a fight, but what I will be disappointed about is if we collapse like we did at the tail end of the season.

Nothing like a bit of optimism before the pre-season kicks off :wave:

And how can this team be worse than the promotion team? You mean Scheletto, Suttner, Skalak, Goldson, Murphy, etc.., would just walk back into this team? :moo:

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton

And how can this team be worse than the promotion team? You mean Scheletto, Suttner, Skalak, Goldson, Murphy, etc.., would just walk back into this team? :moo:

While I agree with you .... two of those players you listed didn’t sign until we were a Premier League team

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton

We needed another so Potter has an option of playing 3 CB’s.... you’d need 5 in squad if your going to do that.

Also Balogun could well force his way out yet, I know it isn’t an exciting signing but no one said this is our star summer signing.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green

No worse than propper , Stephens , gross, locadia and Aj
Barely any goals , no pace and boring football

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
have we run out of money?

I like to instead think of it as us being sensible and directing money where it needs to be spent, as the players we need to improve the first team won't be cheap.

Trossard would be a good capture at 18m if we get him, but we'll still need an attacking midfielder, a right back and a forward.

A 7m bid has been made by an us yet unnamed Premier League club for Hagi yesterday. He strikes me as the type of player we would go for if our original plan was to bring Alexis Mcallister into our squad for the forthcoming season. Especially as its well know that we've had a scout at quite a few of the games he's been playing in last season.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I like to instead think of it as us being sensible and directing money where it needs to be spent, as the players we need to improve the first team won't be cheap.

Trossard would be a good capture at 18m if we get him, but we'll still need an attacking midfielder, a right back and a forward.

A 7m bid has been made by an us yet unnamed Premier League club for Hagi yesterday. He strikes me as the type of player we would go for if our original plan was to bring Alexis Mcallister into our squad for the forthcoming season. Especially as its well know that we've had a scout at quite a few of the games he's been playing in last season.

Hagi is a definite Yes from me based on one game!!

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
The signing makes me think more than ever that Dunk is on his way to Arsenal, I'm not sure why lots of people think Balogun will be on his way when Dunk is the obvious player other teams want, he would walk straight into any starting line up.

Word is what I've just said is complete nonsense and Dunk will be here again this season but it would not suprise me at all if he's not lured away by Arsenal especially.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
The signing makes me think more than ever that Dunk is on his way to Arsenal, I'm not sure why lots of people think Balogun will be on his way when Dunk is the obvious player other teams want, he would walk straight into any starting line up.

Word is what I've just said is complete nonsense and Dunk will be here again this season but it would not suprise me at all if he's not lured away by Arsenal especially.

Their transfer budget is reported to be only £40m, and I doubt they will be spending it all on one Player.

Balogun has only one year left on his contract, so is almost certain to be off this summer.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004

We definitely want to keep Lewis. Not so sure that is true of Balogun.

Will a suitable suitor put up enough dosh for Lewis for Tony to even start talking. I don’t think so.

Therefore I disagree.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Let's get Trossard over the line before Villa **** our deal up...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here