Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Hooray, hooray, hooray, yeah
Over the hill went the swords of a thousand men

Ali, Ali, Ali J
Crosses the ball and the Albion score again.

??

Nnnnnope.

To quote Kenny Everett:

I got rhy-hy-thm

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
In the Argus today, Brian Owen reports that what happens now for Baluta and Jan Mlakar "..is being discussed by top men at Albion." (which seems a somewhat bizarre way to put it, but there we are).

Gheorghe Hagi believes Baluta is a "genius" and said after the win over Croatia "Baluta was fantastic, it was brilliant. I said he was more complete than Gica Popescu." Steaua Bucharest owner Gigi Becali said "I can't forgive myself for not buying Baluta before Brighton did. He'll be worth 200 million euros."

Oh, and apparently he is "..reported to be of interest to Udinese and Watford." :shrug:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If we send Baluta on loan then we need to recruit another central midfielder - can we stretch the budget for that ? ???

I really hope Watford arn't sniffing around a buyout clause.

It'll be exceedingly disappointing if we loan him out in any case.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
In the Argus today, Brian Owen reports that what happens now for Baluta and Jan Mlakar "..is being discussed by top men at Albion." (which seems a somewhat bizarre way to put it, but there we are).

Gheorghe Hagi believes Baluta is a "genius" and said after the win over Croatia "Baluta was fantastic, it was brilliant. I said he was more complete than Gica Popescu." Steaua Bucharest owner Gigi Becali said "I can't forgive myself for not buying Baluta before Brighton did. He'll be worth 200 million euros."

Oh, and apparently he is "..reported to be of interest to Udinese and Watford." :shrug:

He’s having a great tournament, is interesting clubs who seem to give young players a chance. A manager of a big club in Steaua believes he might be a 200 million Euro player. What are we doing? Thinking about sending him out on loan, anyone would think CH was still in charge. Really strange quotes from the club in that article. I would expect them to be bigging up the player and his chances of breaking into the squad, dependant on what Potter thinks once he’s seen him in training.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I'd just like to see one U21's player get more than 10 games this season even if they are as a sub when 2-0 up. I just want footballers to consider us as a cub who will help them develop rather than one that buys up promising talents and puts them in the U23's before not renewing their contract

I get the point. And its true that the record of playing u23s in the first team is limited to say the least. We'll see if things change with Potter.
But not sure that Albion don't help them develop, don't extend contracts of the promising young players (Connolly's contract is until 2022 and we have multiple u23s on longer term contracts) and not consider us a club who will help them. (they keep coming here !)
On the other hand , the idea that a premier league club shouldn't release players, shouldn't send them out on loan to develop, don't seek to make ££ on young players who might not get the opportunity to play for the first team and that Potter will change everything, because he is also under pressure to accomodate a squad of 25 senior players who all want to play as well is probably unlikely.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He’s having a great tournament, is interesting clubs who seem to give young players a chance. A manager of a big club in Steaua believes he might be a 200 million Euro player. What are we doing? Thinking about sending him out on loan, anyone would think CH was still in charge. Really strange quotes from the club in that article. I would expect them to be bigging up the player and his chances of breaking into the squad, dependant on what Potter thinks once he’s seen him in training.
With or without CH that's not really the levelheaded, cautious Albion way, is it?

He has only played one game, and I'll hazard a guess that's the first game 99% of the posters on here have seen him in (or the highlights of).

Tonight he could get played round, over and through by England's #GreatestGeneration and we'll be back to square one, sacking Winstano and demanding 'first team footballers'.

Bollox to national pride I really hope the reverse happens and we listen to bewildered commentators exclaiming 'who is this player, he's embarrassing the England team'.

This thread will be l kinds of messy :lol:

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Senior Player is the definition that's letting us down here. If there truly is talent in the younger "Group" then surely it has to be developed in and around our first team because our Senior Group still consists mostly of players with a championship lineage or from non-top footballing leagues/clubs.If Potter really is about complete adaptability and believes in a No-Fear approach to football then the challenge is to let the really Top players in the emerging group compete with the Top players in the senior group. A club of our stature is the ideal place for this to happen and we appear, in Potter, to have a bloke in charge who has a track record of letting this happen. The club know that if we give youth a chance, much like Southampton did, then the Academy becomes a self-fulfilling talent generating asset.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Bollox to national pride I really hope the reverse happens and we listen to bewildered commentators exclaiming 'who is this player, he's embarrassing the England team'.

Let’s hope he outshines WanBiss (assuming that he’s not been rightful dropped) and gets the opportunity to embarrass him!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I fear that we are going to make minimal singings this summer ( evolution ! ).

This is ok if we use the best younger players.

But the news that we may loan out Baluta is a bitter pill to swallow ( especially after finding out Mac Allister is being loaned out as he is in the permit mire ).

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Bor-ing. I've already got my Baluta tattoo and renamed all my kids Tudor.

I'd love to do the same, but I already named two of my kids Titus, which was hard enough to agree with the missus. She would probably go nuts if I changed them now.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
But the news that we may loan out Baluta is a bitter pill to swallow.

I genuinely don't understand how you get that from:-

The Argus understands what happens now for Baluta and Slovenian striker Jan Mlakar is being discussed by top men at Albion.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

The Argus understands what happens now for Baluta and Slovenian striker Jan Mlakar is being discussed by top men at Albion.
I think it's because the argus said previously that we were deciding whether to bring Mac Allister into the squad, and then it was revealed later that that could never have been the plan as he hadn't even started applying for the EU passport.

So a loan was always the plan for Mac Allister - which gives me deja vu about Baluta and Mlakar despite today's words.

It won't be so bad if we bring in another central midfielder - but we are evolving not revolving !

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Was thinking the same...that and because one person goes on about him possibly becoming a 200 mill euro player...hype or what...lets see what happens

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I think it's because the argus said previously that we were deciding whether to bring Mac Allister into the squad, and then it was revealed later that that could never have been the plan as he hadn't even started applying for the EU passport.

So a loan was always the plan for Mac Allister - which gives me deja vu about Baluta and Mlakar despite today's words.

It won't be so bad if we bring in another central midfielder - but we are evolving not revolving !

They're not called 'the arsegas' on here for nothing....

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

The article and the Argus report on what they’ve been told with these transfer stories. It’s not their opinion. And this one literally says “could be thrown into the premier league squad”

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Bor-ing. I've already got my Baluta tattoo and renamed all my kids Tudor.
I've just dropped 3 grand on a Tudor Black Bay in his honor.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Yup. A quick google turned up this....

A note on accents; a Romanian ‘š’ or ‘ş’ are not dissimilar to an English ‘sh’ while ‘ț’ is something like ‘ts’. The ‘ă’ is an extended vowel sound, like the ‘a’ in the English word ‘star’.

Băluță – Bar-loot-sar

In that case

Electric Six - Gay Bar

Girl!
I wanna show you Tudor Bar-loot-sar
I wanna show you Tudor Bar-loot-sar
I wanna show you Tudor Bar-loot-sar, Loot-Sar, Loot-Sar

He's gonna score
Bar-Loot-Sar is gonna score!
Tudor Bar-loot-sar, Loot-Sar, Loot-Sar
WAAAOW!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports