Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] BHAFC new kit 2019/20

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
Any news on the colour of the new home strip shorts?
And personally, I would prefer last seasons yellow kit as our new away kit.

They're on the website..

5C34FDD4-7564-4D7B-93D0-2CD0BA38438F.jpeg

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
So we are now one of those clubs that have a new home kit every season are we? Thought we were better than that. Personally not interested unless a shirt lasts two seasons.

It's Barber! What do you expect? So long as folks keep buying the new shirt every year, you can bet your life he'll keep banging them out (at ever increasing prices).

That's football for ya!

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Any news on the colour of the new home strip shorts?
And personally, I would prefer last seasons yellow kit as our new away kit.

The shorts are blue
The yellow kit was our third kit last season and so will be dropped
The green kit will be our third kit

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I don't care about the history of decades back and I'm sure that's true for the majority of fans. The club's colours are blue and white and our away shirts should feature those two colours designed so that it's sufficiently different from the home kit. It always strikes me as ridiculous when away fans turn up in home kit shirts and scarves while their team trots onto the field in something completely different.

I totally agree about the colours of kits before any of us were born. In fact, made that point re: the green kit, this time last year.

But, honestly, I doubt there's a professional team on the entire planet which sticks to club colours for its home and away kits. Would be dull as hell.

Oh, and it don't like clubs wearing alternative colours away when they could be wearing first kit (eg Albion at Man United) you'll love this moan-a-thon. https://twitter.com/KitCrimes

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I totally agree about the colours of kits before any of us were born. In fact, made that point re: the green kit, this time last year.

But, honestly, I doubt there's a professional team on the entire planet which sticks to club colours for its home and away kits. Would be dull as hell.

Oh, and it don't like clubs wearing alternative colours away when they could be wearing first kit (eg Albion at Man United) you'll love this moan-a-thon. https://twitter.com/KitCrimes

And I probably made the point that we wore green away shirts in the 1976-77 season, when quite a few of us on here were born. We wore them in a 1-0 win at Palace early in the season, and Peter Ward wore one when he scored in the first minute of his debut at Hereford.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Got my hands on the new kit for my son today.

Was expecting to part with £42 for the infant socks, shorts, shirt combo as normal. Unfortunately these aren’t available yet so spent an extra £30 for the exact same items individually. Understand from the club staff that this a ‘Nike thing’

Nice kit though and boy was delighted.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
And I probably made the point that we wore green away shirts in the 1976-77 season, when quite a few of us on here were born. We wore them in a 1-0 win at Palace early in the season, and Peter Ward wore one when he scored in the first minute of his debut at Hereford.

Yes, but no-one told the marketing dept. The were banging on about the kit from 100+ years ago.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003

Actually Palace do a good job of sticking to their club colours. Last season's home kit was the usual red and blue and their away shirt was white with a blue and red diagonal stripe. It can be done. Well done Palace.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Actually Palace do a good job of sticking to their club colours. Last season's home kit was the usual red and blue and their away shirt was white with a blue and red diagonal stripe. It can be done. Well done Palace.

But they also had a yellow kit. I'm trying to think of a game they wore it in. Oh wait, I know ...

_104618199_balogun_pa.jpg

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

They've still had plenty of black, yellow etc over the years.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Black shirt arrived today, I am absolutely staggered by how poor the quality is compared to the 2018/19 home shirt. It’s essentially the same base template but the quality feels absolutely terrible, I reckon the shirt weighs about 20% less in terms of fabric. The sizing also is far smaller than the 18/19 home shirt, the neck is tiny in comparison.

All in all very weird, it feels like a fake to be honest.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Black shirt arrived today, I am absolutely staggered by how poor the quality is compared to the 2018/19 home shirt. It’s essentially the same base template but the quality feels absolutely terrible, I reckon the shirt weighs about 20% less in terms of fabric. The sizing also is far smaller than the 18/19 home shirt, the neck is tiny in comparison.

All in all very weird, it feels like a fake to be honest.
Pictures?

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
Got my hands on the new kit for my son today.

Was expecting to part with £42 for the infant socks, shorts, shirt combo as normal. Unfortunately these aren’t available yet so spent an extra £30 for the exact same items individually. Understand from the club staff that this a ‘Nike thing’

Nice kit though and boy was delighted.

I wanted to buy the infant kit for my son but it still says 'Pre-Order'. I contacted them to find out roughly when they'd be coming as he's pretty much half way through the 12/18 month size and have been sent the following:

'Unfortunately there was a manufacturing problem with all infant kits. Therefore, these have all had to be sent back to Nike! At the current time we're unsure on how long they will take to remake them but it could be quite some time! Sorry I can't be of any more help.'

Not great by Nike then :ffsparr:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
'Unfortunately there was a manufacturing problem with all infant kits. Therefore, these have all had to be sent back to Nike...!'

Not great by Nike then :ffsparr:

Annoying. If there is one kit you would expect to be correct it would be the one for small children, given it is most likely small children who make them.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
The sizing also is far smaller than the 18/19 home shirt, the neck is tiny in comparison.

Does the chest feel smaller too? Can you compare with/lay on previous shirt?

(Asking because I'm usually between sizes - fat and really fat)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here