Jul 24, 2013
I thought we'd re-signed Paddy McCourt.
223952495-effdf712-ab4a-4996-a297-650aa03e2d62.jpg

Last edited:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
It's Catweazle that l would love to see make a comeback. Briiliantly acted by the wonderfully versatile Geoffrey Bayldon. There is a short video clip online Catweazle says goodbye, take the time to watch it, quite emotional really. Took me straight back to my childhood.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Just been taking a trip down memory lane watching a few clips of Worzel and Catweazle. Have to say I loved Worzel Gummidge. Great casts in there.

Did a little research too, Geoffrey Bayldon only died in 2017 in his 90s. The young girl in WG, Christine (?) Coleman was also in a few movies including Four Wedding and a Funeral and tragically died at 33 having had an asthma attack.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Fantastic.
But in my opinion I don't think it will better the original.
Kelly Brook to play Aunt Sally, in let's say a more modern dress.

At last,we agree on something!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Bloody hell, that must be his Freddy Kruger 'ead. He'll be giving kids nightmares.

Looks very much like Freddy Kruger, yes I think young kids will be very frightened.
I always thought Worzel Gummidge looked like a friendly old tramp rather than a scarecrow, definitely wasn't scary.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Did anyone watch this over christmas? It's been sat on my Tivo since then and I don't know if I can/should be bothered with it.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
You could, err, start watching it and decide for yourself...?

I know, crazy, right?

I could, but I have a lot of programmes/movies/reading to catch up on and while I'm catching up on that I can see other people's reviews/comments, etc. and see if it's worth keeping in my 'to watch' pile or if I could bin it off and save the time for catching up on other things.

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
Did anyone watch this over christmas? It's been sat on my Tivo since then and I don't know if I can/should be bothered with it.

I thought it was very good. Both of my daughters (aged 10 & 8) thought it was excellent and I enjoyed watching it with them.

My daughters are desperate for the program to be made into a series.

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
We all sat down as a family and watched this, kids 6 and 9 yrs old. (Not something we do often these days) I thought it was very good and laughed a lot. Remember the old ones a bit, loved Pertwee from the Navy lark. Apparently these are more true to the books according to an interview I listened to with Crook.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro

Well worth watching.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Hope they get around to showing this in the States on BBC America

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Despite my increasing frustration with the quantity of remakes on tv and film, this one was very good. Had a certain charm and succeeded in putting a more modern spin on the story without trying to copy or emulate the original Worzel.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Yes I did and thought it was very good, Worzel didn't actually come across as scary at all.
( as I mentioned in this thread, the first photo I saw of Worzel I thought he looked scary)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here