Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Newcastle United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Well I'm enjoying it.

Highlight for me ? The 19 year old striker who thinks you have to finish with the same class as a certain Mr Murray (and would have if not for one of the best clearances of the season).

That boy will score a lot of goals.

(I think we would have seen Murray had he been fit)

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Not renowned for your patience I take it? Brand new way of playing incorporating youngsters into the team but youre not prepared to give them a chance? I assumed with the huge change of direction we would lose quite a few of our opening matches so I'm pretty happy.

At what point will your patience run out? If we manage to stay up I’m confident we will build, but if we get relegated I’m convinced we will be in deep shite!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Well that was exciting, the last 10 was buttock clenching hell though. Someone IS going to get a tonking from us. I love how Potter has turned around the absolute dross of the last four months of last season. Need to also take into account how many players weren’t available but still we looked to play slick football

One happy clappy fan of Potterball here. It’s gonna take time and we will be down the bottom most of the season..probably

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Good point but we can’t keep playing well , dominating games and not scoring or winning , it will cost us eventually

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wouldn't say it was domination. Newcastle intentionally surrendered position. They wanted to hit on the break. Brighton did well not to get sucked in. Good tactical match but not very open. Both with virtually 5 in midfield it was never gonna be pretty. A point is good

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Excepting that the dire home performance was as much down to our line up and approach.

Newcastle were dire because Potter outsmarted Bruce. Albion didn't win because they didn't make the most of their chances and the goal line was a little thick.

Alzate at wing back ? Madness.

Alzate at wing back ? Player of the match.

All very good points.
I am sure we will be ok.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Why have all the miserablists appeared?

So many positives tonight. Potter has only been a PL manager a handful of games and we’ve already impemented significant, positive changes.

Watch Sky now ... a lovely, long interview with Potter, learn something about our club, what’s going on.

Stay positive.

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
Ok we didn’t score but this team plays good football, proper and Stephens are unrecognisable footballers from last two years, we have three ball playing defenders (wow), our captain looks really down when we got a draw away from home (compared to last season where we’d be happy), young players coming through who don’t look out of their depth, players to come back, a little bit of luck (stupid red mist sending off, late goal, goal line clearance) and we’d be in top 2 or 3. And think we did ok at Man City when others got hammered. So everyone just cheer up, this is going to be a good season.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Totally agree. If Burn had, say, 2 assists, fair enough. But he hasn't. Yes he has a good touch for a big man, but it isn't about that, we have THREE defenders and they need to defend. Might seem folly as we haven't lost but i'd play Duffy, Dunk, and the excellent Webster from now on, build from the back and put less pressure on our midfield to defend.

You think we can get one of those "The Fly" switches done with Burn & Ryan? So their DNA can be mixed and Ryan gets some height and Burn gets some of Ryan's quickness.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Wouldn't say it was domination. Newcastle intentionally surrendered position. They wanted to hit on the break. Brighton did well not to get sucked in. Good tactical match but not very open. Both with virtually 5 in midfield it was never gonna be pretty. A point is good

All the Sky team during and post match said we dominated the game from start to finish. Still saying that now. The only team comfortable on the ball, we stopped NU and their fans getting a head of steam up.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Why have all the miserablists appeared?

So many positives tonight. Potter has only been a PL manager a handful of games and we’ve already impemented significant, positive changes.

Watch Sky now ... a lovely, long interview with Potter, learn something about our club, what’s going on.

Stay positive.

There are some people on here who get off on us not winning, despite how we played. Must be fun being them

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Good point gained......we are building steadily. Youngsters coming in and not letting the team or themselves down. We ARE making progress.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Ok we didn’t score but this team plays good football, proper and Stephens are unrecognisable footballers from last two years, we have three ball playing defenders (wow), our captain looks really down when we got a draw away from home (compared to last season where we’d be happy), young players coming through who don’t look out of their depth, players to come back, a little bit of luck (stupid red mist sending off, late goal, goal line clearance) and we’d be in top 2 or 3. And think we did ok at Man City when others got hammered. So everyone just cheer up, this is going to be a good season.

You sound like my Mrs. Well, at least you feel better. The results aren't any better but your feelings are not hurt as much.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here