Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Newcastle United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Frustrating or disappointing. Not sure which is the best choice of word.

Positives:

Alzate had a fine debut.
Good to see Bissouma back on the pitch.

Negatives:

We cannot score.
I'm not convinced we can defend that well either.

Controversial opinion:

In light of my feeling that we're not that good defensively, I'd drop Burn for Duffy. I get what he brings in an attacking sense but we don't score with him on the pitch and I'm really not convinced he's a premier league level defender. Duffy is. Not as good on the ball but both Webster and Dunk are and Duffy isn't that bad. He is a bloody good defender though.

Overall my mojo is beginning to drop.:down:

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I see all the dickheads are on here tonight. I think I'll log off for a bit.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Holding on for the draw now.
That is ridiculous.
But I will never complain about a point away but we were so much better and Newcastle were shocking.
As I argued with Spence last week, scoring is our only problem.
Today proves it.
We should have easily won that by half time.
Barring Palace and Watford I think all the other PL teams would have won that match.

Excepting that the dire home performance was as much down to our line up and approach.

Newcastle were dire because Potter outsmarted Bruce. Albion didn't win because they didn't make the most of their chances and the goal line was a little thick.

Alzate at wing back ? Madness.

Alzate at wing back ? Player of the match.

D

Deleted member 2719

Very well played.

Need to work on the final third.

Get our final touches down, then the Premier League is our oyster.

Great to see two very promising young players get time, particularly Alzate who could well be MOTM.

Not happy with the point, given the great performance, but it is still a good and vital point none the less.

This.

Potter is giving belief to all the players and kept a lot on their toes, but the players coming in are doing the job, although I thought Bissouma was pushed off a bit to easy at times, I do rate him though.

We have enough to consolidate this year and hold this squad together with another striker next year could be amazing!

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Can’t be arsed being nice about this point.

If you can’t be positive after the start to our season then f*ck off and support someone else you muppet.

That's the problem. It's only been the first match against a side that was an 8-0 loser today.

EDIT: And Andone was part of it.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Some very good dominant play, a little unlucky going forward and lacking in ideas. I think we missed a natural LWB and balls into the box is something we could improve. Some tricky fixtures coming up so any points gained will be a bonus

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Very well played.

Need to work on the final third.

Get our final touches down, then the Premier League is our oyster.

Great to see two very promising young players get time, particularly Alzate who could well be MOTM.

Not happy with the point, given the great performance, but it is still a good and vital point none the less.

To be honest I was rather hoping that we had sorted out that final 3rd bit, we were clinical against Watford first game and I was like a dog with 2 cocks.
But all is not lost all the time we are going forward with pace and creating chances but we need to get it sorted out quickly.
I think the players and manager will be a bit down tonight and see it as 2 points dropped.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Frustrating or disappointing. Not sure which is the best choice of word.

Positives:

Alzate had a fine debut.
Good to see Bissouma back on the pitch.

Negatives:

We cannot score.
I'm not convinced we can defend that well either.

Controversial opinion:

In light of my feeling that we're not that good defensively, I'd drop Burn for Duffy. I get what he brings in an attacking sense but we don't score with him on the pitch and I'm really not convinced he's a premier league level defender. Duffy is. Not as good on the ball but both Webster and Dunk are and Duffy isn't that bad. He is a bloody good defender though.

Overall my mojo is beginning to drop.:down:

Totally agree. If Burn had, say, 2 assists, fair enough. But he hasn't. Yes he has a good touch for a big man, but it isn't about that, we have THREE defenders and they need to defend. Might seem folly as we haven't lost but i'd play Duffy, Dunk, and the excellent Webster from now on, build from the back and put less pressure on our midfield to defend.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
In my honest opinion, we're playing great and once we start fully clicking I think the wins will come. The only slightly unfortunate thing (and it isn't Potter's fault) is that we only currently have one striker who can start each match - Maupay. Murray is falling more and more into the background. Hopefully Connolly will prove himself in that position because we need competition in the attacking areas, as the only thing missing from our play is goals!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here