Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Crystal Palace predicted loss to increase to nearly £800,000 a week

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Only time will tell, Maybe someone will come in and gift us £300m.

What do you need a gift for? you only pay a penny in the pound so you can get 300million worth of elite players like Benteke and Sakho, stadium improvements and a proper training ground for just three million.

It's the palace way. You know it is.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton

Are you claiming to that the Fab Four and the two Yanks have never invested large sums of money in your club? Did they get you out of admin for nothing ? Did they get the ground back which the club didn't own for nothing ? Did they do the ground improvements for Premier League football for nothing? Have they ring fenced a reported £100 million for the new stand for nothing? Did they not cover the losses in their first seasons they took over, or your current ones, for nothing? You dickheads never fail to amaze me with you hypocricy

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton

Are you claiming that the Fab Four and the two Yanks have never invested large sums of money in your club? Did they get you out of admin for nothing ? Did they get the ground back which the club didn't own for nothing ? Did they do the ground improvements for Premier League football for nothing? Have they ring fenced a reported £100 million for the new stand for nothing? Did they not cover the losses in their first seasons they took over, or your current ones? You dickheads never fail to amaze me with you hypocrIcy

Last edited:

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Are you claiming that the Fab Four and the two Yanks have never invested large sums of money in your club? Did they get you out of admin for nothing ? Did they get the ground back which the club didn't own for nothing ? Did they do the ground improvements for Premier League football for nothing? Have they ring fenced a reported £100 million for the new stand for nothing? Did they not cover the losses in their first seasons they took over, or your current ones? You dickheads never fail to amaze me with you hypocrIcy

Close the tread.. excellent post. The thing that really gets them is what have they got for it all? A nice modern stadium, a cat1 academy, a solid foundation for the future.... err no.. they have Barn door Benteke and his chums stinging them for over £100k a week... I know which side of the fence I would rather be on... and so do they!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Close the tread.. excellent post. The thing that really gets them is what have they got for it all? A nice modern stadium, a cat1 academy, a solid foundation for the future.... err no.. they have Barn door Benteke and his chums stinging them for over £100k a week... I know which side of the fence I would rather be on... and so do they!

Now we just need to finish above them. Will it happen this decade? :wink:

They are like a scabby itch which just will not heal properly, you think it’s going but it keeps coming back again.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

While we're getting all high and mighty about this, in our last year in The Championship, we were losing very nearly £700k per week!

It's football, it's insane. We took those losses with the riches of the EPL as our target (Year 1 of EPL profit is just over 25% of the losses incurred the previous 2 years), and likewise, I'm sure Palace take a £40m loss, with the idea of wiping those losses with teh sale of a player or two. Do these figures include the sale of Wan Bissouka?

These are not businesses in the usual way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here