Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Not forgotten Dave just deliberately ignoring the question as I know it causes the #teameu crew on here so much angst.
What about the rest of us who don't resort to calling you names?

You've lost my respect for that answer. It's not an unreasonable question even if it is the same two posters asking the same question ad finitum.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
What about the rest of us who don't resort to calling you names?

You've lost my respect for that answer. It's not an unreasonable question even if it is the same two posters asking the same question ad finitum.

I ask the question as its baffling to me that people are going on about getting a 'good deal' without knowing what a 'good deal' is, or describing what they think it is, but prepared to accept no deal, without hesitation, that could be catastrophic for the country. Its bizarre.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
A good take on things here in The Irish Times today by a former Irish ambassador to London - https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/brexit-fantasies-crumbling-on-contact-with-hard-reality-1.4022596

A hard read for Brexiteers....

Interesting even Murdoch's Irish Sun gives a more truthful take what really happened in Luxembourg.

https://www.thesun.ie/news/4556294/...ime-minister-who-empty-chaired-boris-johnson/

The English edition meanwhile prints pure fiction...

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
A good take on things here in The Irish Times today by a former Irish ambassador to London - https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/brexit-fantasies-crumbling-on-contact-with-hard-reality-1.4022596

'Czechs often claim that they share a sense of humour with the British. The whole of Monty Python’s production is very popular in Czechia and even less famous shows, such as the Black Books and Miranda, can be found regularly on Czech television schedules. I have always belonged to those who could happily spend the night discussing whether the Monty Python’s Life of Brian is better than the Monty Python and the Holy Grail or whether the Dead Parrot sketch is funnier than the Ministry of Silly Walks. On Brexit, however, I must admit, and I believe that I speak for many Czechs when I say: I just do not get the joke.'

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Leavers have not 'won' as you so eloquently put it. The vote was to leave the EU, last I saw we're still in the thing, and continue to chuck money at them. Money that could be better spent elsewhere.

The money the UK sends to the EU is around £11bn per year (once the rebate has been applied). That is around 1/3 of the UK Govt spending on Housing and the Environment combined (£34bn in 2018).

Here's a breakdown of the UK Government spending in the period 1993 to 2014 in real terms, which shows that the EU contribution by the UK Government is negligible.

777a81f2ea66f14cebfbbf79dfdb304bd2ca3265.png

So what would you do with this £11bn per year? And given the hit to the tax revenue which leaving the EU will bring (as jobs are lost and companies go to the wall) are you estimating this will be more or less than the £11bn?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Much of the UK population would do well just to pick up a foreign newspaper to find out what really is going on with Brexit, the press here are just re-inforcing delusion in a section of the public

Bloody foreign news, coming over here, showing our British news up.

Jaxie

Dec 2, 2018
Far East (Sussex)
I'm not going to list everything as they've been done to death in the last 100k+ posts but here's one - Osbourne said there would need to be an emergency budget shortly after the vote if the result was leave. Maybe I missed it while being on holiday ….. could you give me the date this emergency budget took place ?

Not really a lie was it. A likely outcome, which measures would have been taken to avoid. Not in the same league as “Turkey joining the EU”. “£350 million to NHS”. “Easiest deal in History”. “German car industry will not allow a no deal”. Etc. Etc. Blah Blah Blah, the list is extensive.

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016
Leavers have not 'won' as you so eloquently put it. The vote was to leave the EU, last I saw we're still in the thing, and continue to chuck money at them. Money that could be better spent elsewhere.

We will be chucking money at them when we leave in order to gain tariff free access to the single market..only without the rebate.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[TWEET]1174607157217628162[/TWEET]

[TWEET]1174609484695646208[/TWEET]

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Are you ready for Brexit ???
Regards
DF
No.

September payday is needed so I can brim the vehicle tank, and fill the jerry cans ( legal limits on fuel storage apply ).

I also need to stockpile a load more food over October before the catastrophic *no deal* storm hits.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here