Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
“Low income groups will be disproportionately affected by any price rises in good and fuel”

You didn’t put that on the side of your ****ing bus, did you Boris?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Seriously? The government who are trying to force through a no deal brexit are actually saying "This is what we expect to happen" and you won't believe it until you actually see it? What do you expect to gain from Brexit that makes it worth making so many people who are struggling already suffer more?

Don't take any notice of him, nobody else does.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The redacted text:

I believe [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] cottoned on to this the other day.
The give away being Farridge being quoted as saying 'it won't even effect petrol'.

I'm sure Pasta will come back and say something different now, but I got the impression that even he thought 0% tariff on oil coming in and 4.7% going out wasn't a healthy situation.

'The market will correct itself' may well be the case, but the potential for profiteering and long term damage to a massive and crucially currently "stable industry" seems a high price to pay for a leap into the unknown.

Last edited:

Jan 30, 2008
Seriously? The government who are trying to force through a no deal brexit are actually saying "This is what we expect to happen" and you won't believe it until you actually see it? What do you expect to gain from Brexit that makes it worth making so many people who are struggling already suffer more?

As I said seeing is believing
Regards
DF

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
What I don't get why the government aren't happy to delay no deal until after Christmas. It also provides further time to prepare for no deal and in theory negotiate a Johnson deal.

Reading these the time of year amplifies the immediate impacts as there is less storage available for Christmas and less home grown food etc.

How they can do this over waiting a few more months knowing the likely impact will be reduced is baffling.

Because they are terrified that a GE will be forced and polling shows that the tories will be screwed in a GE post Oct 31st where Brexit is yet to happen as their support drifts to the Brexit party.

Also they Boris, JRM and their cronies are desperate to get it done before we have to start applying the EU Anti Tax Avoidance Directive and they won't be able to shift money to low tax havens anymore.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Base any of your spineless comments that put fear in people on fact... just one... and make sure it really is happening.

I am sorry, I really don’t believe in insulting people on the internet, but by Christ, you’re are ****ing solid, as thick as two short planks, no, make that three short planks.
This is what Government advisors believe is a base expectation of a no deal exit, but, you, some thick as mince no mark, believe you know better, with no evidence, except what Farage has brainwashed you with.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004

Attachments

• 70172045_10157835300948938_7343076612121821184_o.jpg
    70172045_10157835300948938_7343076612121821184_o.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 112

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I am sorry, I really don’t believe in insulting people on the internet, but by Christ, you’re are ****ing solid, as thick as two short planks, no, make that three short planks.
This is what Government advisors believe is a base expectation of a no deal exit, but, you, some thick as mince no mark, believe you know better, with no evidence, except what Farage has brainwashed you with.

Well done you, spineless. Typical non democrat reply I would expect.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The give away being Farridge being quoted as saying 'it won't even effect petrol'.

I'm sure Pasta will come back and say something different now, but I got the impression that even he thought 0% tariff on oil coming in and 4.7% going out wasn't a healthy situation.

'The market will correct itself' may well be the case, but the potential for profiteering and long term damage to a massive and crucially currently "stable industry" seems a high price to play for a leap into the unknown.

after the exchanges on this the other day, and now a dedated part of such important report, how we are going to face the elimination of the industry in the next 20 years due ICE bans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here