[Drinking] Lancing pub?

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
The Stanley Alehouse is the only Lancing pub I would consider using. Some nice places in Shoreham and Worthing which are worth the extra travel.

Agree Shoureham has the Piston Broke, the little micro pub can't remember it's name and the best pub for miles in the Duke of Wellington while Worthing has the Egurmont and the Seldon both excillent

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Agree Shoureham has the Piston Broke, the little micro pub can't remember it's name and the best pub for miles in the Duke of Wellington while Worthing has the Egurmont and the Seldon both excillent

Remember the Egremont and the Seldon; nice pubs

theboybilly

I don't know why but the Piston Broke and it's former self, the Lazy Toad always seemed to have beer near to the end of it's shelf life to me. If I want (and I always do want) a reliably good pint in Shoreham you won't beat the Old Star Ale & Cider House or the Welly. The Sovereign and Buckingham Arms are very good too

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I don't know why but the Piston Broke and it's former self, the Lazy Toad always seemed to have beer near to the end of it's shelf life to me. If I want (and I always do want) a reliably good pint in Shoreham you won't beat the Old Star Ale & Cider House or the Welly. The Sovereign and Buckingham Arms are very good too

Strange place. It could be great. The beer is ordinary and there is little atmosphere.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Joyful Whippet long since closed...

I watched Palace beat Cardiff in there at the end of last season.

17BF1FE3-E1F6-4DA1-A384-BA70C698D5C2.jpeg

I paid cash.

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
Ask Pompey:rave:
Regards
DF

Possibly the only one on here now who knows what your on about
(Merry Monk know Railway)
Anyway Crabtree has always been an Albion stronghold pub. 70s the Clifton/ Crabtree coaches to virtually every away game,when that finished the lads in the Crabtree all clubbed together and bought an old minibus that somehow we kept running for a few years. After that they started hiring, still goes on know.
Not a bad pub although family friendly know which pisses me off when we get back from home games and pub full of kids. Evenings fine late on 4 real ales if in to that. Gardeners Sompting great old type pub but a bit clique even though I know most people in their when I visit. Farmers I find strange. Railway ok
Empire Club great but personally don't like clubs.
Lancings ok

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
We stuck to shoreham in the end. Much better pubs. I have tried The Railway, The Farmers and the one on the corner oppo Setyres. Railway and Farmers are both certified shitholes and the other one was tolerable.
No, I'll not be bothering in future.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here