Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Loco appearance today! Wtf!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I've tried so hard to ignore this, but it's the itch I just can't stop scratching at.
Thankfully [MENTION=4934]One Teddy Maybank[/MENTION] has already touched on this, but nobody else so here goes. (Please forgive me oh lord)

How do posters describe Murray's cameo?

Locadia came on didn't get 2 shots away.
Missed with the shot he make.
Recovered his poor touch to earn a dangerous free kick.

Basically every Big Jurg did turned to shite.

Murray came on 6 minutes later, was on the pitch for 21 minutes.
1 poor cross.

Yes difficult to argue any of this.

Potter made an error with his subs effectively slowing the game down IMO, when we needed to stretch them.

Murray was effectively pointless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I've tried so hard to ignore this, but it's the itch I just can't stop scratching at.
Thankfully [MENTION=4934]One Teddy Maybank[/MENTION] has already touched on this, but nobody else so here goes. (Please forgive me oh lord)

How do posters describe Murray's cameo?

Locadia came on didn't get 2 shots away.
Missed with the shot he make.
Recovered his poor touch to earn a dangerous free kick.

Basically every Big Jurg did turned to shite.

Murray came on 6 minutes later, was on the pitch for 21 minutes.
1 poor cross.

And a header that should have led to the equaliser...

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Yes difficult to argue any of this.

Potter made an error with his subs effectively slowing the game down IMO, when we needed to stretch them.

Murray was effectively pointless.

Thought we were slowing down anyway due to the huge effort of being on top with 10, so had no choice but to bring on fresh legs. While not as attacking perhaps, I was surprised not to see Mooy bought on though.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Thought we were slowing down anyway due to the huge effort of being on top with 10, so had no choice but to bring on fresh legs. While not as attacking perhaps, I was surprised not to see Mooy bought on though.

When the team was announced, I figured that's how the game was going to be for the first hour.
Run at them, keep running at them, then run some more.

Get a couple of goals then defend from the front.

Fudging Andone - I was so happy at 2 o'clock, now I can't even go on the #CPFC thread. :angry:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Mooy was an obvious one.

But there is no doubt for me we were less effective with Murray instead of Maupay.

Even at 75 mins with 10 men, I’d be more confident of Maupay outpacing a defender than Murray. They are simply different players.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I have a theory on why some fans may have boo-ed in this instance the person who was in fact the victim. I don't condone it and in fact find it quite abhorrent .

Give the fact that the team were now down to 10 men. If the fans can in any way get inside the head of one of the opposing players and affect their performance to such an extent that they almost can't function too well. That's as close as they can get to evening the numbers up on the pitch again.

Whilst that can work in some instances. It doesn't very often but it it the only way that fans can really affect the match is by being "vocal"

It's shows a lack of Class after instances like Andone's but being fuelled with drink often does that anyhow.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I have championed Locadia being given game time. He did well in the first game but did himself no favours with a very lacklustre display on Saturday. Really didn’t look up for it and was pretty lazy imo. Surprisingly his ball control was awful, it’s normally pretty good

He could have been a shoo in for the next three games if he’d done well, doubt Potter will start with him next weekend on that performance. No fire or spirit in his play.

AJ gets his chance?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I have championed Locadia being given game time. He did well in the first game but did himself no favours with a very lacklustre display on Saturday. Really didn’t look up for it and was pretty lazy imo. Surprisingly his ball control was awful, it’s normally pretty good

He could have been a shoo in for the next three games if he’d done well, doubt Potter will start with him next weekend on that performance. No fire or spirit in his play.

AJ gets his chance?
As said I didn't see that at all.

I thought he kept showing for the ball.
Getting the ball.
Then being shitehouse with the ball.

That wasn't a lacklustre performance, a shit one yes - lacklustre no.

My concern from this game was how he managed to not get shots away.
Millwall, Preseason, Everton:-

ball
penalty area
shot
Goal.

For me that was his USP.
All this jibber-jabber about his running, or being shite v City away (under CH) was just noise, as he is capable of a ferocious accurate shot.

If he's somehow lost (losing) that then the boy is indeed in trouble.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing

AJ gets his chance?

I hope neither Loco or AJ get anymore chances- had way too many chances already and both absolute shithouse

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here