Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is anyone planning on attending the U-23's friendly at Hastings United on Tuesday?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
If the Albion show as little interest in reporting it as they did the Merstham match last week, we'll need some volunteer reporters...

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I am afraid I will be in London, would have been alright if we were playing Enfield again.

Hope you find someone who can take a photo of the board or team sheet for you.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Well, the club twitter feed has at least mentioned the match, which is an advance on the Merstham game:-

[TWEET]1153619757909852165[/TWEET]

Will have to wait and see whether they actually tweet updates from the match itself.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I was going to go but the heat has put paid to that plan I'm afraid. Sorry, as I would have updated for you otherwise. I'm sure someone else will help out though.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Basically an U-18s line-up (only Keto, Lopata and Cashman of the starting XI are older than scholar age). A chance for anyone there to see the new signing from Colchester (scholar Todd Miller) for the first time:-

[TWEET]1153723614988034049[/TWEET]

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
A chance for anyone there to see the new signing from Colchester (scholar Todd Miller) for the first time

ToddMillervHastingsUJul232019.jpg

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
No local lad Archie Davies then?

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Basically an U-18s line-up (only Keto, Lopata and Cashman of the starting XI are older than scholar age). A chance for anyone there to see the new signing from Colchester (scholar Todd Miller) for the first time:-

[TWEET]1153723614988034049[/TWEET]

Is Tareq Shihab still around? Not sure if i've seen his name mentioned much in pre-season, but he was one of the England youngsters IIRC....

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Is Tareq Shihab still around? Not sure if i've seen his name mentioned much in pre-season, but he was one of the England youngsters IIRC....

Goodness knows what's up with him. Last season a loan to Burgess Hill was actually registered on the last day of the August transfer window, but he never played for them. He only made 9 starts for the U-18s (with another 10 appearances on the bench). Only involvement with the U-23s was for a Sussex Senior Cup tie. Haven't seen anything of him so far this season. The obvious cause for his relative lack of playing time would be injury or illness, but the fact that he never missed more than two U-18 matches in a row would seem to count that out.

His absence is somewhat baffling.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Goodness knows what's up with him. Last season a loan to Burgess Hill was actually registered on the last day of the August transfer window, but he never played for them. He only made 9 starts for the U-18s (with another 10 appearances on the bench). Only involvement with the U-23s was for a Sussex Senior Cup tie. Haven't seen anything of him so far this season. The obvious cause for his relative lack of playing time would be injury or illness, but the fact that he never missed more than two U-18 matches in a row would seem to count that out.

His absence is somewhat baffling.

His Twitter account seems to go very quiet at the beginning of last season too.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
1-1 at half-time, Lorent Tolaj (or Talaz, as per the Hastings teamsheet!) after just two minutes being cancelled out by Davide Rodari's 15th minute equaliser.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Did anyone go along and pick up a teamsheet last night?

If so, any chance you could post a pic of the Albion subs? Would be appreciated.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Spacegull

Sehr Kosmiche.
Feb 22, 2009
High Weald
Thanks - I did, of course, see that when they posted it.

Unfortunately they managed to crop off the most interesting name on the teamsheet - Albion no. 21 Elliott Mbe........:shrug: He is a trialist, and I'd like to know his name to identify him, hence my request!

Maybe his name is just Elliot and he’s been awarded an MBE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here